Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

ehh, knowing a streamer's mod's name isn't that weird if you spend a lot of time there imo. just like knowing posters'/mods' name here. it's a community.

plus it's a case of one of those things where you'll know someone's name faster if they're being annoying, as op pointed out they are to them (and it was mentioned pat even asked them to chill).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

beep by grandpa posted:

plus it's a case of one of those things where you'll know someone's name faster if they're being annoying

eveyone knows me in every thread i post in :tipshat:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Pat has repeatedly gotten frustrated with chat spoiling poo poo or being annoying by back seating about poo poo so yes, starting a grudge about a chat mod doing what the streamer wants is in fact a weird thing to do.

But also knowing any chat mod by name is werid.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Pat has repeatedly gotten frustrated with chat spoiling poo poo or being annoying by back seating about poo poo so yes, starting a grudge about a chat mod doing what the streamer wants is in fact a weird thing to do.

it's not any weirder than knowing a mod's name on SA

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Being a bit too loosey goosey with the "weird" label on this, friend. It's a community. Those mods typically talk and participate in chat just like anyone else. Now if you knew their real name...

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Whenever I watch pat archives queequeg seems to always be there every single time so it's not really surprising to recognize the name at all

Forming grudges is when it gets weird tho

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Andrast posted:

it's not any weirder than knowing a mod's name on SA

No it is. A mod on a forum at least is talking to you in a direct response. Twitch chat is a fee hundred to thousand people shout at the streamer as chat whizzes by spammed emotes and copy paste quotes and the same idea over and over. Trying to form any relationship with another individual on that is insane and weird because it's made for the exact opposite of that. Using twitch chats already a bad idea but remembering another person in chat like that is proof you're paying too much attention to what is essentially white noise.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

No it is. A mod on a forum at least is talking to you in a direct response. Twitch chat is a fee hundred to thousand people shout at the streamer as chat whizzes by spammed emotes and copy paste quotes and the same idea over and over. Trying to form any relationship with another individual on that is insane and weird because it's made for the exact opposite of that. Using twitch chats already a bad idea but remembering another person in chat like that is proof you're paying too much attention to what is essentially white noise.

it sounds like an issue of skill on your part tbh.

if you're a regular in a stream you're just naturally going to remember certain names, in plenty of mid to big streams I'm in I could probably name 10-15 regulars I recognise.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Given the context is that it's a particular mod taking the helm on putting things into emote-only mode it's really not hard to imagine they establish a bit of a presence.

I really don't think it's any weirder notching a trend of behavior from a twitch chat mod then it is knowing or dragging up someone's SA posting record, which is something that has totally happened in this thread.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Everyone (all the mods and pat) kept adding in their hints anyway, but I think they were thinking way too big picture when they should have been helping her with the fundamentals like the jetpack, the ship log, locking on and matching velocity, etc. I hope she plays more, but it sounded grim by the end.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
More Baba

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Okay, so I only know their name because Pat says it fairly frequently, 95% of the time I don't watch twitch stuff with chat open. I only know about this latest shenanigan because Pat pointed it out, and then I started paying attention to it. Also he's gotten annoyed with it a few times now, which is why it felt notable.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

It appears the goon whose brain is internet-fried here is your own lol

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I feel like a boomer every time I get on twitch because I honest to god do not understand what 95% of the buttons and icons all over the screen do :eng99:

it's like someone vomited and shitted 1000 types/categories of UI elements onto a screen for me

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
I seldom watch Pat's streams and even I recognize Quequeeg

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

the streamer isnt being held hostage by their mod you loving goon loving shut up already. if they care they can override him

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I wish I had paid attention when someone mentioned that Matt and & Liam have been constantly playing games together and didn't stop after Clock Tower 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqcY4-9SmzU

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

The many evil crimes of Quequeeg the twitch mod (with whom Pat is far too familiar…)

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
I like when the dumb twitch chat superstars soft gently caress up a playthrough, like that one guy who was telling Woolie what to do when it came to Blaidd

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Perfect Potato posted:

I like when the dumb twitch chat superstars soft gently caress up a playthrough, like that one guy who was telling Woolie what to do when it came to Blaidd

Why is it so hard to just Google something before you tell them anything

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Pat had something similar happen way back when he was playing Sekiro. Someone in his twitch chat told him to use a shinobi tool on an NPC too early and broke the NPC's quest.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Paying attention to the chat for any reason is bonkers to me

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Shinjobi posted:

Paying attention to the chat for any reason is bonkers to me

It makes people give them money

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

sirtommygunn posted:

It makes people give them money

No I know. But it's the part of the job I will never in my wildest dreams be envious of.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I would never, ever want to be famous or e-famous on any feel considering what I've seen people do. Also if u remember anything you see or do on the internet ever you're a psycho tbh. I read this thread from the very beginning & watch all their videos every time I post.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Brightman posted:

I imagine they're doing it in all of Pat's streams, I just don't watch them all.

They were also yelling at chat to not use the Yay/Nay emotes until Pat told them to knock that off. I'm watching it now and she really needs some help with basic controls and mechanics stuff, at least so far. I just hope she doesn't end up hating it and ditching the game.

efb sorta :v:

Edit 2: this stream really is a comedy of errors otherwise, great stuff.

Oh my god, she won't let go of R2

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Remember that time Pat and Paige ate floor pie in their new house a month ago?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIAt3jWI5v4&t=674s

A follow up has arrived
https://twitter.com/Seraphilia/status/1595287143299313665

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

beep by grandpa posted:

Also if u remember anything you see or do on the internet ever you're a psycho tbh.

That's fair. If I told someone the concept of Sonic the Hedgehog wearing shades made me think of someone named grandpa I'd be appropriately questioned for losing my mind.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

beep by grandpa posted:

I would never, ever want to be famous or e-famous on any feel considering what I've seen people do. Also if u remember anything you see or do on the internet ever you're a psycho tbh. I read this thread from the very beginning & watch all their videos every time I post.

*eyes narrow* hmmm...only a PSYCHO would say something like that...

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

MorningMoon posted:

Remember that time Pat and Paige ate floor pie in their new house a month ago?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIAt3jWI5v4&t=674s

A follow up has arrived
https://twitter.com/Seraphilia/status/1595287143299313665
I knew that was how it had to end. I knew the neighbors had to find out

pat and paige's reactions are perfect, pat with hysterical tomato laughter, paige with hysterical, mortified, embarrassed laugh-crying

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Captain Invictus posted:

pat and paige's reactions are perfect, pat with hysterical tomato laughter, paige with hysterical, mortified, embarrassed laugh-crying

Her mom texts her like a minute after that clip ends too. God Floor Pie: Requiem is too strong.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Thus does the pie of Damocles descend

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

PIE CRIMES

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Oh, Woolie was super loving right to run that poo poo back in ME2.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Oxyclean posted:

Oh, Woolie was super loving right to run that poo poo back in ME2.

On my first ME2 run the only person to die in the suicide mission was Grunt and I still don't know how in the hell that happened.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
My first run I knew about the loyalty meters and I didn't get Miranda or Tali's loyalty so I figured by keeping them in my party they would be safe. Then they both got squashed by baby reaper debris at the final boss fight.

Warren
Aug 9, 2009

What the-
My first run ended with Mordin dying because I thought the crew needed protection from Collector forces. I was so enraged by this I ended up running it back and took him into the bossfight and had everyone survive. Woolie running it back was the right choice

Judge Tesla posted:

On my first ME2 run the only person to die in the suicide mission was Grunt and I still don't know how in the hell that happened.

I'm impressed and horrified

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

I laughed so hard it hurt for like a day afterwards after "WE HAVE TO MOVE PAT!"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I think my first run had Mordin and/or Tali die in that final check, so i ran it the gently caress back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
can't tell if it was peak Woolie brain-logic, him leaning into the bit, or a mix, but their capstone to the 'it's ok to be predjudiced against batarians, it's never racist' playthrough in Arrival genuinely got a little gasp out of me, well done Woolie

Apraxin fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Nov 26, 2022