Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Maaaaan, Sega must feel proud sponsoring Woolie, to see him and V freak out over BREAD PHYSICS :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I finally started watching Reggie v Daemon Souls and man, actual video quality, no GermanSpy ruining every step of exploration and content, this is great.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
feel free to skip the 10 hours of encouraging Reggie to bash his head against 4-1; then it gets better, until the 5 hours of bashing his head against 2-2

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Oh this is gonna be good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FALbasQ9Of4

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
REGGIE: [encounters a problem that could be solved by blocking with a shield]

WOOLIE: you should be two-handing

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

What really bums me out is how this LP appears to have turned woolie into an insufferable rear end in a top hat. To be fair I haven't watched any of his non-souls things, so maybe this is a regular feature, but seeing him bring the entire stream to a halt to yell at chat or passive-aggressively tell Reggie that despite what the braying of barnyard animals says he, Woolie, is correct about everything, is really nasty.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

A part of it's just being a butthead to the many chat know it all's, even if they are in fact saying the right things.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Omi no Kami posted:

What really bums me out is how this LP appears to have turned woolie into an insufferable rear end in a top hat. To be fair I haven't watched any of his non-souls things, so maybe this is a regular feature, but seeing him bring the entire stream to a halt to yell at chat or passive-aggressively tell Reggie that despite what the braying of barnyard animals says he, Woolie, is correct about everything, is really nasty.

Pat has taught him well.

Yardbomb posted:

A part of it's just being a butthead to the many chat know it all's, even if they are in fact saying the right things.

Chat must never win.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Yardbomb posted:

ive been on record saying that Souls Fans Are The Worst, and it still holds true to this day

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Yeah, that's the weird thing- I definitely don't want to be on chat's side, and I sure as heck don't want to be on the souls fan's sides... but I really don't want to be on Woolie's side, either. I know interacting with chat is supposed to boost your engagement rates or whatever the heck, but I'm fairly sure at this point turning chat the heck off and not engaging with them would be a lot more constructive than the constant arguing and weird passive-aggressive nonsense.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Neo_Crimson posted:

Pat has taught him well.

this week's podcast in particular illustrates this is an extremely specifically woolie thing, where he is wrong about something and drags everything to a halt for what felt like 20 minutes explaining why he ended up wrong and how hard it is that everyone is watching you be wrong

meanwhile pat talks about how he likes to be wrong on purpose as a bit

(The stuff about rats)

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Speaking of Souls games Paige is playing again

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

A Sometimes Food posted:

Still angry the Monster Rancher Switch remasters didn't get localised.

I love those games and now I am loving furious.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Yardbomb posted:

no GermanSpy ruining every step of exploration and content

No now that's woolie instead

Like people knock on Pat, and he is insane, but he is aware he is crazy and also CAN actually admit he's wrong (albeit sometimes through oblique jokes, like the California Redwood incident), which Woolie is ENTIRELY incapable of.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Mar 5, 2021

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Yeah I admit I skip around the souls videos a lot because of how Woolie handled them as the support.

On the other hand I watched a bit of the Arkham stream live and I'm really looking forward to that one going up on youtube, it was pretty fun.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Woolie: Peanut butter is now this thing that we collectively decided it to be, gently caress you!

Also Woolie: I don’t care that everyone says I’m saying plantain wrong, I’m right!

Also also Woolie: Why does this operating system I’ve gone out of my way to just break to hell not work good?

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Woolie:
*retweets fanart of himself as Vergil*
*retweets fanart of himself as a jojo*
*retweets fanart of himself as Nagoryuki*

Pat:
*retweets fanart of himself as MODOK*
*retweets fanart of his wife in an iron lung*
*retweets fanart of himself getting pissed on by his fat pig-dog*

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Warbird posted:

Woolie: Peanut butter is now this thing that we collectively decided it to be, gently caress you!

Also Woolie: I don’t care that everyone says I’m saying plantain wrong, I’m right!

Also also Woolie: Why does this operating system I’ve gone out of my way to just break to hell not work good?

Woolie never left church after all.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Dias posted:

ive been on record saying that Souls Fans Are The Worst, and it still holds true to this day

I love Soulsborne games but yeah, Souls Fans are the absolute worst. I got into a full-blown argument with one for having the temerity of actually liking Dark Souls 2.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Tupperwarez posted:

Woolie never left church after all.

Woolie casually threw out not long ago that Catholics aren't really Christian lol

E: I will say he's right to be mad about the plantain thing tho. The island guy can say the island thing how he fuckin wants.

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

Kay Kessler posted:

Woolie:
*retweets fanart of himself as Vergil*
*retweets fanart of himself as a jojo*
*retweets fanart of himself as Nagoryuki*

Pat:
*retweets fanart of himself as MODOK*
*retweets fanart of his wife in an iron lung*
*retweets fanart of himself getting pissed on by his fat pig-dog*

Never trust anyone who makes themselves in a character creator.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Game freak is baffling in the sense that they refuse to behave in a way that is in any way proportional to the amount of money they make. How many games have they done that they could’ve turned from a 7/10 to a 10/10 if they just hired twenty more guys to focus on polish and finish? Pretty much all of them, they’re refusal to do so is baffling considering the amount of money they regularly make.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Al-Saqr posted:

Game freak is baffling in the sense that they refuse to behave in a way that is in any way proportional to the amount of money they make. How many games have they done that they could’ve turned from a 7/10 to a 10/10 if they just hired twenty more guys to focus on polish and finish? Pretty much all of them, they’re refusal to do so is baffling considering the amount of money they regularly make.
They learned all the wrong lessons from Irresponsible Captain Tyler.

(oh god i'm so old)

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
"hiring more people" does not necessarily make things better in game development

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Rody One Half posted:

No now that's woolie instead

It still feels ages better though.

Spy felt like they had a really annoying version of an audiobook guide that wouldn't turn off.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWJoKwVii-Y

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Al-Saqr posted:

Game freak is baffling in the sense that they refuse to behave in a way that is in any way proportional to the amount of money they make. How many games have they done that they couldve turned from a 7/10 to a 10/10 if they just hired twenty more guys to focus on polish and finish? Pretty much all of them, theyre refusal to do so is baffling considering the amount of money they regularly make.

Why would you increase the amount of money and time spent on your game when it already sells like hot cupcakes since you control one of the biggest IPs on Earth?

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Dias posted:

Why would you increase the amount of money and time spent on your game when it already sells like hot cupcakes since you control one of the biggest IPs on Earth?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaOgZwk9rN8

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

"hiring more people" does not necessarily make things better in game development

Well no, but for things like SwSh, where they were using the need to model all the pokemon again as their excuse for not letting you import them, that's a problem you can solve by throwing more man hours at it.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
My hot take is that Sw/Sh not having all the Pokemon doesn't really detract from the game at all, and in fact might even improve it from a competitive design standpoint.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Gamefreak doesn't make the models for Pokemon games, Creatures Inc. does. So it's technically them who need to hire more employees.

Also, Gamefreak doesn't actually control the Pokemon IP. The Pokemon Company does, of which Gamefreak owns roughly 1/3 of and Nintendo owns about half of. And since Nintendo is the publisher of the games, they're most likely the ones that - like most other publishers - decide what games get made, when those games get released, and the budget for each game.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Dabir posted:

Well no, but for things like SwSh, where they were using the need to model all the pokemon again as their excuse for not letting you import them, that's a problem you can solve by throwing more man hours at it.

Well that was a lie anyway since people definitively proved that the SnS models were the same as the 3DS models.

Dias posted:

My hot take is that Sw/Sh not having all the Pokemon doesn't really detract from the game at all, and in fact might even improve it from a competitive design standpoint.

It would only improve if 1.) Gamefreak actually bothered to rebalance the mons to at least attempt to mitigate the power creep 2.) Didn't add Dynamax which is more broken than Megas or Z-moves were.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

TaurusOxford posted:

It would only improve if 1.) Gamefreak actually bothered to rebalance the mons to at least attempt to mitigate the power creep 2.) Didn't add Dynamax which is more broken than Megas or Z-moves were.

I kinda fell off the competitive scene around the DLC launch (let's say I don't own a Switch myself) but people seemed to like Dynamax better than Megas at least. That's for doubles, of course, because Game Freak hasn't given much of a gently caress when it comes to singles for a while.

Rebalancing would be cool tho, I'd be up for that.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

What would you say are the best looking and worst looking pokemon of Sword/Shield?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

If people hadn't yelled about it so loudly I wouldn't have even noticed that not all the pokemon are in

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Kay Kessler posted:

Gamefreak doesn't make the models for Pokemon games, Creatures Inc. does. So it's technically them who need to hire more employees.

Also, Gamefreak doesn't actually control the Pokemon IP. The Pokemon Company does, of which Gamefreak owns roughly 1/3 of and Nintendo owns about half of. And since Nintendo is the publisher of the games, they're most likely the ones that - like most other publishers - decide what games get made, when those games get released, and the budget for each game.

I'm a little skeptical cause Nintendo doesn't really treat it's other big cash cows like this? For all their myriad faults they seem fine letting things take 3 or 4 years and filling up the gap with their other IP. While they obviously aren't stopping Pokémon being run like this I doubt they're the ones pushing it just based on how they handle everything else.

This isn't a good guy Nintendo post, obviously they're fine with how things are going, I just doubt they're the one forcing the pace.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I can't believe that Like A Dragon is the best game SEGA has ever made.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Grouchio posted:

What would you say are the best looking and worst looking pokemon of Sword/Shield?

Dragapult is dope, I really like the Galarian variants too. The Blipbug line looks real bad, but overall both Alola and Galar have been super solid in terms of Pokemon design.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Grouchio posted:

I think the starters are the weakest designs in SnS. So much so that I actually ignored them altogether when I played the game as soon as I caught a Rookidee which is something i've never done.

As for the best? Dragapult, Toxtricity, Corviknight, Grapploct, Grimmsnarl, and Zacian are all great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Grouchio posted:

Worst is Boltund. It's just a dog. Which is a shame because Yamper is a pretty good design, and how do you waste a Corgi Pokemon like that?

Best is probably Failinks, because a Mario Wriggler caterpillar that's actually a formation of Roman Legionnaire Kirbys is pretty inspired design.