Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

something I enjoy about specifically CSB is there have been many times in their discussions over the years (jesus christ almost 4 years now?) where it is very clear how much pat cares about his friend woolie :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

“The corpos ruined everything!” Patrick McFrechnchname, 1/2 of Castle Super Beast, A Rooster Teeth Company, a division of Warner Media, part of the AT&T family of companies.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

I'm pretty sure woolie is not pat's boss??

But he is the largest of the two so by that logic-

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Warbird posted:

“The corpos ruined everything!” Patrick McFrechnchname, 1/2 of Castle Super Beast, A Rooster Teeth Company, a division of Warner Media, part of the AT&T family of companies.

Are they actually still 'part of' rooster teeth in any way? I don't recall hearing them bring it up since the original time it happened. I am not even sure what being associated with them brings them, benefits wise. maybe they are being referred to advertisers I guess? And they probably have a link on a website somewhere I guess. Usually those kind of associations would bring like, cross-promotions of some kind to other podcasts in the network or whatever

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I totally forgot they were part of Rooster Teeth and I'm willing to bet Pat and Woolie have too.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
it's an advertising network thing yeah and woolie and pat have flown out to texas to do stuff with achievement hunter but obviously that hasn't happened again in uhhh a while

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

I'm pretty sure woolie is not pat's boss??

I think it's technically Woolie's podcast, like the Friendcast was Matt's. It makes ad revenue, but I don't know how that gets split. I'd assume one of them gets the money from the advertisers and hands some to the other, and can tell that person to gently caress off if they want to.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

The first episode of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure was literally 10 years ago.

Yes, the David Production version. That was ten years ago.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The most wild thing is that Reggie as a co-host is somehow making a living wage off their LPs?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Even better now with the Algorithm channel and Vs. Dignity streams.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Lmao Woolie hyping up a totally paint by numbers cyberpunk story just because Imaishi made it

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

90% of Woolie's experience with media is getting hyped because he sees a thing he thinks he recognises, and the other 10% is getting disappointed because it wasn't after all

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Edge runners is really good though

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Edgerunners is Capital F Fine. It's really pretty and the horny stuff is way less lovely than in Imaishi's usual, but the story and characters are extremely rote. I saw someone describe it as being like a story you would read in a sourcebook and that pretty well nails it.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Hey kids! Do you want to be as AKOOL as me?
Weirdest attempt at a Woolie dunk I've seen in a while. Lmao he likes a cool thing what an idiot.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I feel like 80% of this thread now is just being weirdly aggro about woolie

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

we're all weird

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

I feel like 80% of this thread now is just being weirdly aggro about woolie

Now? It's been like this for a while.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I like woolie I think he’s great

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Al-Saqr posted:

I dunno, I've heard he's not so trustworthy around pies

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Woolie being the only fgc person that admitted he didn't get a key, is making me think he actually only sent in one application instead of a dozen or 100's.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Al-Saqr posted:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

on a more positive note, has anyone here met them? I have :-]

it was like 7-8 years ago but chatting with liam may have been the warmest reception from a stranger i have ever received in my entire god drat life

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

i asked woolie to turn f.lux off on his laptop for right before he started his presentation and he did and thanked me

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah I got to speak with Matt and Woolie at pax twice, once in an autograph line(where I just wanted to give Matt a rad godzilla shirt) and again when I was sitting at a table taking a break and the two of them, utterly, completely wrecked from a long day of con-going, just slumped down into the chairs next to me at the table. I said something I forget to them and then left them to collect themselves because I've never seen either of them so worn out. But they are both cool yeah

Edit: oh I asked woolie if he'd seen turn a gundam and he was like "OF COURSE I've seen turn a, are you kidding me? Its INCREDIBLE"

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Yeah like I was dunking on him a bit, but Woolie seems like a really nice dude whose brain just works in some odd ways sometimes. I roll my eyes a bit when he has one of his moments, like that time he saw a character with a dog in a fighting game and got disappointed because it wasn't Just Like Poppy, but that's all. It's ultimately a harmless quirk.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I don't get the impression that anyone in this thread hate-watches them or anything of the sort. while I do think "weird" is very overused word on this website, it's pretty clear to me that everyone ITT thinks woolie and pat are Cool Dudes but they are some of the strangest motherfuckers with their respective mind goblins and so we post about them being crazies mostly because it's fun to do, and also obviously during times of frustration whenever their streams are difficult to watch.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

beep by grandpa posted:

I don't get the impression that anyone in this thread hate-watches them or anything of the sort. while I do think "weird" is very overused word on this website, it's pretty clear to me that everyone ITT thinks woolie and pat are Cool Dudes but they are some of the strangest motherfuckers with their respective mind goblins and so we post about them being crazies mostly because it's fun to do, and also obviously during times of frustration whenever their streams are difficult to watch.

Yeah it's very fun to Lord Farquad point and laugh at them for the dumb poo poo they do. Like comparing Pat & Woolie's 8 dimensional chess footsies fighting anything in Bloodborne vs Paige's strategy with Ebrietas of 'Attack attack attack attack, action surge, attack atta- oh it's dead.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVUQr0Ts1EY

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

beep by grandpa posted:

we're all weird

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
forget all that poo poo because matt and liam's annual halloween lp has started and wow I didn't even CONSIDER this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1rpAK-M558

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Woolie seems like a nice guy. I think he gets anxious and overthinks things because he's worried about upsetting his chat because his chat gets upset if they think he'll miss content, but it's fun watching him enjoying playing Vaguard so much in ME2.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Blockhouse posted:

forget all that poo poo because matt and liam's annual halloween lp has started and wow I didn't even CONSIDER this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1rpAK-M558

Wow I'd never expect this game out of all things. It's very cool and weird as hell.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I love Woolie, he's great. I don't watch dudes I hate for years.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I am genuinely shocked that woolie isn’t streaming the poo poo out of SF6 right now, you’d think he’d be all over it

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Also I hope they eventually check out the new game+ on Shadow Tower Abyss cause it has new items in different locations which is really cool.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Nuns with Guns posted:

Woolie seems like a nice guy. I think he gets anxious and overthinks things because he's worried about upsetting his chat because his chat gets upset if they think he'll miss content, but it's fun watching him enjoying playing Vaguard so much in ME2.

Same.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

A good poster posted:

I think it's technically Woolie's podcast, like the Friendcast was Matt's. It makes ad revenue, but I don't know how that gets split. I'd assume one of them gets the money from the advertisers and hands some to the other, and can tell that person to gently caress off if they want to.

I know it's a few days old at this point but the idea of the Friendcast ever being considered Matt's podcast is super funny to me given how much he clearly hated doing it.

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!
I thought that the Best Friendscast was also Woolie’s idea from the start? It’s why he usually acted like the de facto host, being the one that moved along all the topics and sections.

Edit: Thinking about it, I’m betting Matt was in charge of splitting the revenue at least.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
This Woolie React stream is like 50% Woolie and Reggie shittalking and it's beautiful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DPupzVbrKM

lmao