Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Coquito Ergo Sum posted:

I've been reading Steam reviews the FF Remasters, and one thing people keep mentioning is that the games have been rebalanced to be "easier?" Is that true, and if it is, does it hurt the experience at all? I've always wanted to play 1-5, but just never did.

So it depends from title to title. FF1 is definitely easier in that there are purchasable ethers to restore spell slots now, which lets you actually use mages outside of bosses. FF2 is just some bug fixes, game is still FF2. FF3 is balanced akin to the original Famicom title, as opposed to the incredibly player-loving bogus math of the DS/3D port. (Short version: they made some very short-sighted inflation that means enemies have a lot more chance to wipe you and enemy health doubles or triples by endgame.) FF4 and FF5 I confess that I cannot tell much difference but these are also the two I've spent the least time with in PR form so far. Nothing was obviously tweaked, aside from FF4 being based on the original version of the game, not the "skills removed" US version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
I just swapped PCs and lost my tabs from the last one due to a HDD crash, and let me tell you: over a month later and I still keep thinking of poo poo I had open or have lost due to this as recently as last night. Our brains are a special kind of broken but we do use every open tab for a reason, honest.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Arc Hammer posted:

The Quarians, Volus, Hanar, Batarians, Vorcha and Elcor died on their way back to their home galaxy.

I'm sure I'm missing one or two species.

This is almost the actual canon, which is the funniest part.

The fact that a DLC was planned to cover this, and then the whole murder mystery plot was turned into a rushed novel makes it about 500% funnier because the villain's plot is also this short-sighted and backfires on them. To the point of casually genociding a species or two on that missing ark.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
I remember being real shocked at the Kelly scene because straight up all I did after that unlock was the freshly unlocked Legion loyalty, and I'd put off Jacob because Jacob sucks. But his sucking led to more deaths so gently caress that guy.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Sure, but some of it is just convenience. You need weekly topics to chat about, and it's real hard to think of another company in gaming who keeps tripping into rakes once a month minimum like ABK who is also involved in spaces the boys play in. You mention FNAF not coming up because... they do not care. It's not their world. It's like how if you swap media, almost everyone has a take on the Warner-Discovery clusterfuck because it keeps happening, unceasingly. It's exhausting but also it's real hard to find anyone somehow going "I don't watch superheroes + HBO + cartoons + streaming +..." but nobody's gonna talk about NBC making GBS threads the bed because who in the hell is using Peacock

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
I think they mean Gundam Evolution.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

beep by grandpa posted:

My fav part of the me3 ending (pre-ending patch during release week) was the post credits pop up telling me to buy more dlc

Mine was definitely having to redo the entire final sequence from the last save point because a buddy I was bitching to in a chat window told me "pop the kid for an easter egg", either not realizing or not caring they'd patched in a spiteful response to this!

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
That has indeed happened before between Epic and Steam launches of games. See: Snowrunner

While I can't say for certain it's the cause every time, you do have to keep in mind that Tim Sweeney basically sees nobody but Valve as his competitors and has been openly spiteful towards Steam with the EGS' exclusivity deals, allowing it on every platform but Steam if you sign up for that contract. If you told me the backend was designed to make cross-compatibility as painful as possible I'd believe it.

claw game handjob fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Jun 4, 2023

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

theCalamity posted:

and that is

Plastic model kits are a scourge because it's a lot easier to collect them than build them

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Clip-On Fedora posted:

I just wish he would update his channel more frequently, but there is probably some algorithm-based reason he's not doing that.

His editor was on vacation last week. They didn't publicize it much, I barely saw the mention.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Arc Hammer posted:

At work right now what did they go on a tear about?

Discussion is about weaponizing therapy language, Pat keeps going on and doing a mealy-mouthed parody of that sort of prick, and an obviously pained Woolie just spits out "man, just call me a [take a wild guess what slur I'm not writing here] ALREADYYYYY"

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
I wanna say someone in chat corrects them or politely says "it does that now", because Woolie heard that and went "oh, hmmmm..."

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Brightman posted:

I think it was an abridged version, I believe the actual one is like 9 minutes long or more, but I also haven't played the game (working my way through the first one now).

This is accurate. They basically did a radio edit and not the full sequence.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
I actually had to look that post up when it was over, and it's true. It's so wild how it starts so incredibly innocuous and then rockets off the rails one sentence after it looks like the point of the post is going to be "maybe this shouldn't be my job, sorry all"

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Love it solely because it feels nice to hear some "oh this kid is never turning out normal" discussion which is funny, not sad. It's like a sitcom. Pat describing raising a child is very sitcomesque.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Versus Wolves has immediately justified itself with going to violence at the end of episode two.

Woolie tries giving two nice recs and then verbally punches John in the face with "Omikron, bitch." after getting shut down twice.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Shinji2015 posted:

Just finished the episode so now I can comment on this: I think sooner or later John is going to learn to just take the first thing Woolie gives him, because I don't think he's remotely capable of doing the psychic damage Woolie is

But I think he's eventually going to get cornered by the format and try to go nuclear, which is going to be the best payoff either way it goes down.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Captain Invictus posted:

The shooting of the red barrel point blank was him trying to pick it up and instead hitting the wrong button and shooting it, wasn't it.

Yeah, I think he even said "wrong button".

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

MorningMoon posted:

Properly credits a different youtube channel for finding out what happened to the dev.

All I'm gonna say is that this is a really, really recent change, because before, oh, let's say, two months ago, there were a lot less citations and on-screen credits for other videos he used footage from and sources he read out from.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Yeah, he answers on streams when asked but also on the direct stream this week he mentioned that he's gotten really slowed down because his reading time was when he was on baby duty and the kid was asleep... And now the kid is asleep a lot less.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

He does work out a few minutes later that he was roughly five when he spit that out, so that seems way more "too young for a filter"

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
...Didn't the other RT show, Genlock, also have a "suicide for the greater good OOPS I'M BACK" subplot? What the gently caress.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Sephyr posted:

Woolie scarring Eyepatchwolf's soul with Omikron got me to read Vinland Saga for the first time.

I pronounce that it was all worth it.

Honestly both of the end of ep picks on VW3 were good'uns. Kill 6 Billion Demons is a beautiful, excellent strip

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Tae posted:

No, Woolie is absolutely an idiot for not using patreon because that was part of his general plan to only rely on podcast ads and youtube revenue. Reminder that Pat basically had to use the jaws of life to make him stream, which is now probably the majority of his revenue.

This entire tangent is loving funny in hindsight as of today's Versus Wolves drop.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
I don't know if anything has made me laugh as hard this week as everything following the words "John, you clearly have A Type."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Absolutely wait, because Woolie only watched S1 but they only issue a single spoiler warning, for the climax.