Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Depths posted:

Yep and the lp is pretty good now, woolie went full pat and ground out a bunch of poo poo off camera

It kills me when other channels refuse to do this.

Like, ever since Brett became a member of the Super Beard Bros, everything is done on-camera now. There's easily a good twenty episodes that could be cut off of their Bloodborne LP where all they do is grind and watch Alex die to Ludwig/Orphan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

The best one yet.

Woolie and John are great together

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
This week's episode is going to be absolutely fantastic.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
The whole thing has gotten pretty ridiculous. I do think there are cases where it's okay to get annoyed about enforced or self-censorship (I got annoyed about Capcom using lens flare to hide nudity in the PS4 version of DMCV, but mostly because it looked terrible and the Xbox version didn't have it), but not to the point of yelling at someone about it on Twitter and telling them to die.

Now I'm just being reminded of all of the chatter from last year over Kasumi finally getting a good default costume in DOA6 and the women not being scantitly clad in MK11.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

MaxDuo posted:

The true problem is there weren't ENOUGH lens flares added to the game. Then we would be at the highest levels of Photoshop supremacy.

:hmmyes:

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

DrSnakeLaser posted:

This new Get into Fighting Games is a mixture of complete poo poo and quality mechanics and each minute watching it leaves me more and more amazed.

It's amazing to watch, especially after their last match, with Woolie and Reggie finding themselves having to come down from their sensory overload.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

A Sometimes Food posted:

Yeah Minh and especially Reggie have grown on me. And I'm real glad least one of the zaibatsu is still doing multiplayer/multiple commentary stuff. I like Pat and Matt's solo stuff but it really feels lesser without someone else there.

Also Minh is such a loving poo poo talker when he's in the lead. It's great.

Same. Didn't think I was gonna like them, but here we are.

Listening to Minh being okay with losing as long as Woolie loses is the best thing.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Patware posted:

I followed Matt for a while but now I feel like his content is kind of... aimless? He clearly wants to be Big Youtube and I respect that but I feel like he's driving in circles

I hit the others when they stream a game I'm interested in, mostly Pat because tbh Minh is comedy poison half the time. He's so stressful when he starts really backseating, early Spec Ops was miserable with him trying to playtest through Woolie's hands.

I think Woolie's hitting his groove and I'm enjoying where he's at, but ever since Matt's cereal-tasting video with the two WWE stars (which was probably one of the cringiest videos I've seen in a long, long time), I've kinda felt bad for Matt ever since.

Pat is Pat.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

I feel like Matt is burning through the Wha Happun stuff a bit fast and doesn't have much to fall back on. Maybe do more LPs with Liam?

Agreed. I think Matt needs someone to bounce off of more than the rest, and Liam is a good fit for him.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

ApeHawk posted:

Little V is the unexpected perfect non-blind LP partner we needed.

poo poo, maybe he can guide Woolie through New Vegas...

If the quality of this holds up, hopefully we get more Little V LPs!

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Tupperwarez posted:

I just started watching Woolie's DOOM LP, holy poo poo that intro. The concentrated Auntie Energy made me ascend to a higher plane.

Woolie's hype reactions are unmatched, and Reggie riding shotgun only adds to it. This is going to be a great series. Excited for Vanquish too.

The whole LP has been uttetly delightful so far.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Vandar posted:

YO WOOLIE MADE IT INTO A FIGHTING GAME

LET'S loving GO

https://twitter.com/hero_versus/status/1238252449628065792

https://twitter.com/furrygahbidge/status/1238256500738490368

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Woolie and Little V's LP of KOTOR2 is probably the best Star Wars-related content I've enjoyed in years, and I might finally cave and watch the new trilogy because of it.

I really hope they continue to do LPs together after this is finished, they work wonderfully with each other.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Rody One Half posted:

I guess they can't come up with a remote solution for Kotor 2, so it looks like that's on Corona Hiatus.

I watched Liam and Matt do SA2. I want them to do Heroes and Shadow, to finish the GameCube Saga.

Yeah, I'm really jonsing for more. I've been watching Woolie and Pat's LP of KOTOR 1 since I missed it the first time around, but it's not the same.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Yardbomb posted:

God, yeah German Spy sucked so much of the fun out of that playthrough, the dude didn't have a funny bone in his body, would spoil every single thing and didn't lead Woolie so much as yank him through it by the hand.

I didn't watch the Nier LP (mostly because I do want to play it myself at some point), but I really do appreciate how Little V is guiding Woolie in the KOTOR 2 LP. Enough to get Woolie to where he wants to go, but also gives him enough space to still enjoy the game, plus there's the bonus that Woolie and James have great chemistry together.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

LOL Holy poo poo Another Musical gift from Woolie+LittleVMills

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3i593A8h-I

drat, came here just to post this.

It's fantastic.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

FauxLeather posted:

God drat Minh is poison to this Dokapon LP

I fully expect Woolie to murder him by the end of the game.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Plan Z posted:

Not rip into him personally, but Minh sort of represents everything that drove me nuts about those kind of early Youtube LPs. Like, despite constantly talking, he rarely ever talks about the game, and his jokes are awful. When he's in control, the camera is never pointed at something interesting. He could be playing FF7 and during Aeris' death scene, the camera is pointed at a nearby ceramic pot that he says looks weird while Woolie would be like "Minh, stop looking at the pot, look at Aeris." Then he turns back and Aeris is dead and Minh's just saying "Wait, what happened? How'd she die?" Then there is him trying to play a different game than what he's actually playing. The only part of the Vanquish LP I watched was like 11 seconds where he's trying to melee jetpack troopers, and is missing instead of just shooting them.

Yeah, this. I was excited for the Vanquish LP, but Minh just isn't that fun to watch play. In multiplayer LPs, he's a good foil for Woolie, but that's about it.

It doesn't help Minh that besides Reggie getting better with every series, Eyepatch Wolf and Little V have been on the channel and work much better with Woolie than he does.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

a cartoon duck posted:

woolie should instead play with a combination ddr pad and donkey kong bongos to spite them

:hmmyes:

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Minh got super lucky that he learned Escape when he did in today's episode of Dokupon.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Tae posted:

There's like 2k posts between the max and pat thread because they dared to like it. It's kinda embarrassing.

Wow, really? Yikes.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Has Jirard said anything about FF7R since it dropped? I know he mentioned in his last channel update video that he was working on completing it, but that's all I remember hearing from him on it.

Max, Pat, and Jirard are three of the biggest FF7 fanboys I know of in the YT/Twitch world, so I'm curious if all three are going to agree on it being great.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
I liked Plague's videos on Gohan and Naruto, but that's about it. Not really a guy I'm interested in keeping up with.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Yardbomb posted:

Reggie is with him, but Woolie is getting blinder and his disgusting peripheral setup is still destroying his aim further.

Also plague is the most intensely tiresome person in every situation, just go away.

I generally am very forgiving of LP blindness, but the number of times Woolie has walked past item pickups multiple times while exploring a room is upsetting.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Yardbomb posted:

I'll always be pretty pleasantly surprised by how good The Surge was when I went into it expecting very little as a PS+ game.

Eh, The Surge felt janky to me. I liked it, but at some point, I was just rushing to beat it at the end.

Nioh is the best non-FromSoft Souls-like.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Grouchio posted:

Nioh 1 and 2 are leagues more fun better than Sekiro. :colbert:

I think the combat in Nioh is better, but I really like the story and level design in Sekiro. Depends on what you're looking for, I guess.

Roobanguy posted:

I wish nioh didn’t have a loot system.

Yeah, this is the biggest knock I have against Nioh. Maybe I missed some things, but combining gear never did much for me, and after a while, I'm just constantly having to clear out my gear at shrines just to make room for potential new drops.

I'd like the loot system just a little better if there wasn't a cap on storage.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
I haven't played Nioh 2 proper, but both first bosses in the betas gave me so much trouble. Onryoki in Nioh 1 gave me some trouble my first playthrough, but that's an easily solved boss.

Nue, on the other hand... THAT'S the gatekeeper boss.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

Can someone explain to me what the endgame of Dokapon Kingdon is?! They've been at the same game for over 30 hours and they havent managed to remove Minh from the top spot and they keep resetting towns WHEN DOES IT END?!?!

I'm honestly loving the series so far, but at the rate things are going, it's going to take Woolie keeping a hold on a Contract and nuking the playing field to keep Minh from running away with things.

I'm pretty sure Reggie is colluding with Minh, though.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Archenteron posted:

Spoken like someone without The Blood Pool.

Yeah, the Blood Pool is going to keep the game going way longer than it would have otherwise, even though I think that the game will eventually have broken them all by the end.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Tae posted:

Someone on the reddit explained that them bumbling around and not knowing how to actually level up is loving up the scaling difficulty of the game. Compared to other playthroughs, they are severely underleveled but because some like Minh are min-maxing speed, it's somehow pushing them forward in progress.

How should the ideal leveling up work? I think they're bad about upgrading their equipment ASAP, but should they be doing more grinding? Job changing?

Also, speed seems really good in this game. I don't know if Minh knew that going in, but he's almost always able to hit his field magic rolls while avoiding almost everything else the others do, and that's been huge.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

The Bee posted:

Honestly, saving up for the Darkling clear all towns globally ability is probably the best/only way to reset the board at this point.

And Woolie's already done that once!

There are still like a dozen towns on the board, and the fact that neither Reggie or Woolie are bothering to take them is driving me crazy.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Minh becoming a Magician is probably the worst thing to happen in the LP so far, holy poo poo.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Man, watching Minh eat poo poo for an hour in Dokapon was fantastic.

shame it didn't last

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Archenteron posted:

Just to restate it: Do not give up on the Dokapon playthrough, the past two sessions have gotten batshit nutso. Episode 42 (came out an hour ago) is the start of last Saturday's session, meaning the anime is almost to the simulcast of the manga.

I'm an anime watcher, but the past few episodes have been pretty good.

Regarding Naruto, today's episode made me wonder... is there a character in shonen that pulled a Sasuke-esqe turn, except that they were eventually rejected by the hero/es? I've been struggling to think of one, and nothing comes to mind. In all the shonen I can think of, if people like the character enough, they eventually get forgiven.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

RevolverDivider posted:

Endeavour in My Hero Academia is genuinely trying to turn his life around and become s better person after being an abusive piece of poo poo for decades. His family still told him to go gently caress himself.

Hah, I just watched the last few episodes of MHA S4, and I spent most of them muttering "stop trying to redeem this lovely rear end in a top hat." I mean, I'm glad Endeavour is trying to turn his life around, but gently caress him forever.

What I've seen of Sasuke in Boruto, he seems a lot better and recognizes how much of a poo poo he was as a kid, but it's still amazing that everyone is okay with him after all he did.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

If MHA could just throw horrible garbage child Mineta into the ocean it would be perfect.

I subscribe to the fan theory that he's only being kept around in case one of the kids needs to be killed off, mostly because I want him to die horribly.

I mean, jfc, the first thing he says to a little girl upon meeting her is "I can't wait to see you in ten years!"

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Grouchio posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_RhaPAP1KM

You can see the exact moment Woolie becomes 999% done with Naruto. :allears:

It was beautiful.

quote:

Then why did you stab through Karin and laugh like a maniac??? :psyduck:

:shrug:

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

MorningMoon posted:

It's a bit too stale for me to follow week to week, but a lot of arcs are super enjoyable. Boruto is a very good boy. That said, I want Woolie to watch the Movie even though the anime version is better; the way he started going on about Kishimoto having some relationship he's desperately trying to mend through the manga would go into overdrive when the movie's conclusion takes a 180 and has Boruto read to the camera "I, the son, was wrong to not love my absentee father. He is the coolest, and I want to ask him about his youth."

Yeah, in hindsight, the movie is a bit worse when compared to the show, but I pissed off my Harry Potter fangirl friend when I told her that Cursed Child basically ripped the Boruto movie off.

The reaction I got from her makes the Boruto movie one of my favorite movies ever.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

MorningMoon posted:

I'm not watchingthe podcast live, but uh, if this week they go into a rant about Orochimaru again, that's my bad, I sent them a screencap of Konohamaru recording Orochimaru hanging in the village, wishing Naruto and Hinata a happy wedding, and they responded to it in the middle of their livestream.

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Minh not just losing, but losing badly has been the biggest surprise for me.

I don't even think Minh has a bad build for battle, he's just chosen poorly every time.