Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
The actual problem is that the weird children on Twitch love that non game poo poo. There’s nothing I hate more than when the people streaming interrupt their streams to read something stupid a donator says then pretend that they care at all what one of the audience says. It’s so glaring that this is like part of the twitch handbook for how to grow an audience. And I’m sure it works but holy Christ is it the most boring trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Wiseblood posted:

If they start doing LPs again, there's only one choice for their new channel's debut LP:

you dont know what you ask,

you must not knoww

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

In case anyone thinks that the stuff pat was sayin was real: as someone who does cardiac anesthesia for a living, it’s completely made up and impossible

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

The actual numbers of people waking up during surgery is insanely small (in the US). Like so small you’ll never have to worry about it in several lifetimes. What people often mistake for waking up during surgery is being woken up prior to extubation. Which is a safe and common practice. Please don’t spread this bullshit about people waking up during surgery because it’s bad for society.

This is even LESS possible during cardiac surgery. The idea that someone grunting or moving at all during cardiac surgery is preposterous because the amount of paralytic we give to people during surgery is enough to paralyze a horse for seven hours.

Also the thing about the defibrillator is also nonsense. He mentioned that the “little thing on the finger fell off” and they thought he was still flatlined. That’s stupid. A) that thing is a pulse oximeter that is NOT what is used to determine heart rhythm, B) if he was “flatlined” he wouldn’t be shocked because Asystole is not a shockable rhythm. You are supposed to continue CPR and give Epinephrine if someone is flatlined.

Rexicon1 fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Mar 3, 2019

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Tae posted:

Maybe canadian doctors are bad because it's free /s

Lmao

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Love the game. Good game. but Nicos accent is all over the fuckin place. Plus she rushes all her dialogue in that weird way old dubs used to be.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Lol you people are out of your loving mind itt “MY SUB BOX IS FLOODED WITH CONTENT. how could I ever deal with it!”

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Matt’s solo poo poo is rough. But the sonic playthroughs with Liam are gold.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I mean Mass Effect 1's plot involves you the brave military desperately trying to convince the ineffective and useless civilian government that the Geth have a new WMD but they refuse to believe you.
It would be a bit uncomfortable in general, but considering how fresh the Forever War in Iraq still was back in 07 or whatever it was when the game came out, yeah, yikes. I loved it then and I still adit to having a soft spot for the first two games, and especially the first, but goddamn if looking back on it as an adult does it not have some seriously grotesque politics.

The solution to problems is for the government to authorize a supersoldier beholden to no one with absolute license to kill and do whatever they want whenever they want.

Goddamn. When you put it like this, I’ve never actually considered the context of it. Lol

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

lol gief just sunnin

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Oxyclean posted:

Eh, Pat looking for an excuse to dunk on some thing he has a grudge against is pretty tiresome. That excuse being someone who passed away is pretty lame.

I mean, jokes are usually funny, "game bad" is pretty meh. If you're gonna make a too soon joke, at least be funny.

I simply can’t believe Pat would do this. I thought I could trust him. But now? I don’t know. This is a bridge too far and someone must answer for this.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

Most everyone here has been cool but it's pretty annoying how disingenuous the small handful of posts here and especially on the subreddit have been in presenting Pat's comment by leaving out that he and Woolie spent 15 minutes eulogizing him and discussing about how much they both enjoyed his work before and after the spicy comment, and even getting into examination of their on mortality on the subject that felt mature and thoughtful. but is that going to be mentioned? nope. to willfully present the Destiny 2 comment in a vacuum as though that was Pat's sole commentary on Reddick's death is pretty idiotic.

"I don't remember him being this edgy about any other such topic before" bro literally this is the group that started a bring back benoit chant at wwe, wtf are these guys talking about lmao

I’m triggered, not sure how, but I know it when I see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

Could someone summarize that post?

Gamers MUST be bullied.