Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
Woolie went hard on the fedora tipping poor plebians believing in cryptids poo poo the instant the topic came up so it's no surprise the woolies in his chat got equally abrasive and defensive, probably why Pat got through spoiler free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
Pat overselling the poo poo out of the first hours of ME3 in that podcast video, I knew things were going down a dark path the instant the Earth tribunal garbage got derailed, and the ancient magic reaper off switch buried on Mars guarded by the fully functional sexbot did not do much towards building back my confidence

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
Zweihander is literally like 20 feet from the bonfire and trivializes almost all the content in the game, no need for catacomb meme runs

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Overlord K posted:

Pat's Nioh 2 stream made it really clear it wasn't just the loot and stat related mind goblins that caused him to bounce off of the first game.

The stat stuff was pretty funny though, like the half hour chat had to spend convincing him that max familiarity means bigger number

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
DS2 has you literally fight ornstein and the bell gargoyles again, there is literally a hurr durr remember capra demon hallway right after the latter, nevermind the quelaag scorpion knockoff and the "hehehe my master was constantly Seething lmao get it" bullshit that permeates the writing or whatever they were thinking with the four lord souls. And worst of all they copy pasted the asylum chamber pot for their generic pot so there are entire rooms in DS2 that are quite literally full of poo poo, much like its fanbase in a way

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
love those aesthetics

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Flubby posted:

I don't like who Woolie becomes when he's backseating Souls.

I like how mad he got when chat said to trigger the depths kirk fight when they were in human form and literally like 2 meters away from his spawn trigger while he was personally precision striking Reggie into every npc summon sign to trivialize all the bosses

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
oh my god woolie fighting humbaba is just comical. Threatening to reset after wasting half of Terra's trance, then the reflect/runic/x-potion juggling when runic wasn't even necessary anymore

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
It's almost perfect that the first great jar servant Woolie summoned instantly moonveil'd him

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

soupy. posted:

I remember the joke being that omikron killed the channel. Was it really that bad? I never watched it and have always meant to, but that stuff makes me feel gross and I can't stomach people being genuinely angry at each other if they were lol.

I wouldn't worry too much, Woolie and Pat were the ones closest to coming to blows

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
lmao Woolie had to spend like 20 min with his chat processing what a family was since his brain confused the cuckoo knights with the carian royal family

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Dabir posted:

Woolie attributes Kefka's line "There's a reason 'oppose' rhymes with 'dispose'" to trying to localise a weird Japanese pun. I'd like to see what the original line was there, cause knowing the history of FF6's localisation I don't think that would be the case at all.

If that's the Narshe bit Kefka just calls the soldier an idiot and says to kill everyone and not give mercy

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
He's lv 130 in Elden Ring and he hasn't even done Volcano Manor or Leyndell yet

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
Going by the podcast Pat also seems to think that FFVII part 2 is going to end at fake Nibelheim for some insane reason instead of the one or two incredibly obvious points that everyone's already predicted

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
I forgot how hilarious Garrus getting the "gently caress the council think of humanity" speech in ME1 is. They go so drat hard

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
Everyone can rest easy, Woolie threw Reggie to the ground, wrestled the controller away from him, and made his black short hair tomboy punchgirl femshep in ME2. The galaxy is at peace

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

quote:

- Decreased the travel distance and invincibility frames of Ash of War "Bloodhound Step" while adding the changes below:

・Reduced performance when used continuously

Looks like Woolie got out just at the buzzer

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Pennsylvanian posted:

I saw a moment in today's ME2 LP where Woolie was facing down a half-health basic enemy and he spent like 30 seconds in the radial wheel trying to figure out what power he wanted to use, only to use concussive blast followed by a few shots. I'll appreciate a channel devoted to abbreviated content.

Now imagine how long it would have taken if he had stuck it out and listened to whatever idiot friend or simp mod suggested that custom class to him instead of listening to feedback, it'd be the early DMCV menus/training room videos all over again

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
Woolie talking about how hard these endgame Dead Space waves are while missing half his shots, quadruple tapping already dead enemies, and getting mauled by the horde while his ripper blade hits air

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

theCalamity posted:

lmao Woolie made a Decision in yesterday's ME2 stream and I can't wait to see how he reacts to events in ME3

Maelon is dead and the genophage data was erased. As far as I know, if the data is erased, Eve dies

Don't worry I'm sure someone will give him a save file that undoes all his fuckoffs for safe maximum content like they did with ME2 and Balak of all things

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
Kelly slurry is basically a rite of passage for anyone playing the game for the first time and not meta gaming like crazy

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

JRPG conditioning

If they don't put a timer on screen, things are as time sensitive as a conversation in Jojo

Also most people go straight to the iff mission since it unlocks instantly and they're eyeing that empty party member space so they'll still have a half dozen side quests and loyalty missions sitting around by the time the event triggers

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
Man who thinks everything is chemicals easily slides into genocide apologism and jetpack humanity betrayal, who could have known

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
I like how immediately it becomes apparent in the krogan podcast video that Woolie completely forgot what Mordin's role and dilemma actually was and just superimposed the original genophage choice on top of everything happening in the present

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
Pretty much everyone who gets to the Krogan poo poo goes "hmm genocide bad," "hmm it's been literally thousands of years and circumstances are radically different now," or "hmm I really want a happy motivated dinoturtle army for when the robot squids come" and Woolie managed to Mind Palace himself into thinking some medical information voluntarily obtained through dubious means was a literal doomsday device

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
Woolie didn't kick the guy out the window because he thought it might have been Thane in disguise ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
Woolie: Is Thane Psychic???? Why did the Hanar take his wife away???? Bad Beef between Drell and Hanar?????

Reggie: It was a funeral Woolie

The psychic mental damage that Woolie is radiating out these days is getting a bit too much to handle. He couldn't even watch that Capcom presentation without immediately skipping around and confusing/disorienting himself and everyone else

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
So now Pat is literally oinking on command from his paypigs. okay then

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Oxyclean posted:

It's driving me crazy that Woolie is sassing Reggie for a ME1 choice that Woolie retconned.

At least as far as I can tell, the Batarian terrorist from Bring Down the Sky is at large because the hostages lived, not because Reggie chose to put him in prison.

He also has multiple Shepard origins running on the same save for some ungodly reason so Blue is a momma's girl street gang orphan

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Judge Tesla posted:

He's one of the biggest Monster Hunter fans, he played Sunbreak once and never touched it again, spent weeks and weeks hyping it up and everything.

Remember the year long love affair with World and then Iceborne came out and you couldn't stunlock monsters to death for 5 min and he suddenly got very busy with other stuff

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
I was a Renagon in the original and the only red/blue choices I gave a poo poo about that I got locked out of was Zaeed's loyalty mission because I put it off for too long *shrug*

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

theCalamity posted:

He got done with shadowbroker today. Just needs to go through the lore and logs. He doesn’t have anything left except the reaper IFF and the arrival DLC

It's a good thing chat was there to max min his Legion playtime to the utmost degree so that Woolie gets a couple throwaway scenes and emails in 3 from barely relevant characters

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

DrakePegasus posted:

You can go play ME2 right now to correct this injustice! Go, Potato! Go blend those terrorists!

Going to assume that sounded way better in your head

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
I like when the dumb twitch chat superstars soft gently caress up a playthrough, like that one guy who was telling Woolie what to do when it came to Blaidd

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
oh god woolie spending 20 minutes reading one single Mordin shadow broker note and inventing new incorrect lore about him and the genophage

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
Paige subbed on the podcast one week and said a poo poo fartgas joke and set the doom in motion

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
Hell of Resh

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
Nelo Angelo is the original DMC's idea of the character action game badass rival character/boss who constantly impedes your progress and those tend to be the hard filter fights in most games close to the genre

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
In a couple years Woolie's going to have the quietest of mental breaks and I'm not sure anyone's going to be capable of noticing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Monathin posted:

I am completely shocked and astounded that noted bastion of extremely normal people r/TwoBestFriendsPlay would react in such a demanding and downright entitled fashion.

I feel like that subreddit is the worst it's ever been lately. 90% of the crap there is either comic poo poo no one sane could possibly care about or upvote fishing in the laziest way imaginable where the op tosses an "Examples of X in Y" topic title with zero effort and expects everyone else to do the work for them

Perfect Potato fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Apr 10, 2023