Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Grouchio posted:

Disco Elysium broke Woolie's back again yesterday.

https://twitch.tv/videos/1044608537?t=7472s

Poor guy had to cancel his fighting game stream again because of this. Shame, I was looking forward to them playing Virtua Fighter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Nuns with Guns posted:

She's had some medical complications that she's admitted hurt her ability to process things (strokes and seizures) and she said in one of the DS3 streams she's had a hard time getting her ADHD medication since the pandemic started. She is much better at navigating herself when Pat isn't hassling her and getting her worked up though. When he's around she just lets him pilot and doesn't absorb anything about the enemies or level layouts.

Eh, a completely blind blunder-through isn't usually the best for a Let's Play. So many of the iconic moments in the Souls games are tied to easily missed events, NPCs, or hidden areas, and those are the things viewers want to see blind reactions to from new players. It's also easy in the older games to gently caress up your build or something in the world and make the game pretty hard, and then everyone gets annoyed at you because of that.

Woolie let Reggie figure out the important stuff on his own in Demon's Souls. He'd reserve help for advice on builds or where to go when he was hopelessly lost. That's not really any different than swapping tips online or with friends the way the games were designed around encouraging.

I really enjoy watching Reggie playing through Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, currently. Because he swings wildly between being a very competent player who can one shot or two-shots hard bosses like Quelaag or the Capra Demon, casually dodging multiple traps in Sen's Fortress and blindly panicking, which usually get him killed by the mobs or dyinh about 50 times to the Taurus Demon because he was too stressed out to see that there's a ladder leading to the archers that kept taking pot shots at him. I love Reggie.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Since SH2 is relevant here. What is the deal with Laura again? The town doesn't affect her, right? But why is she there?

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

My "favourite" part of this is that some people in the subreddit and twitch chat tried to say that that's supposed the Manji Symbol. Ok, but this character wore jackboots, military-looking pants, and the swastiskas looks like it's carved into his arms. I think Woolie found a Nazi in his fighting games. Again.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
But then you get to the letter-reading section during the ending and it's just full-on sincerity. What a gut-punch. Along with that Angela's line of "For me, it's always been like this". I get the hype for Silent Hill 2 now.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Rody One Half posted:

Modern Indonesian history is a whole run of genocides, colonialism, and coups. To this day, in West Papau for example.

Well, I wouldn't say there's a constant stream of coups in this country. Soeharto's fall in 1998 wasn't quite a coup. After that, governments changed power peacfully. Relatively, speaking. But I wouldn't doubt there's a lot of extrajudicial killings in West Papua, though.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Woolie actually took 2 full weeks of break from after he threw his back during that Disco Elysium stream. Failed an IRL physical check.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Kazzah posted:

...did it work?

The conversation went on after that clip but apparently not. Reggie's friend thought that it was a cute letter but she didn't think that Reggie meant it romantically.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Personally, I don't mind that. I'm actually looking forward if/when he stumbled on the catacombs that has multiple hidden walls, the catacombs where you have to go through the teleporting chests and the meanest of all, IMO, the catacomb where you have loop through a series of nearly identical staircase and hallways, designed to make you think you're gone crazy.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Lol at Woolie being demoralized as he beat the Godskin apostle with the Moonveil. I mean, he's been pumping points into INT, of course the Moonveil is going to pack a punch.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Yes, but in the most recent stream, he had to relied on it to get past the Knights of Jars and the Godskin Apostle. The Caestus wasn't quite cutting it.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Woolie just dropped a surprise podcast with his mom: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA2FMPXLHKg&t=6s Haven't listened to it yet but from the first 5 minutes, it's gonna be a good one.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Overlord K posted:

No matter how meandering Reggie might be in wandering around, I appreciate his quickness in picking dialogue options most the time instead of sitting there mulling over them at each choice like some older LPs. :shobon:

Reggie keeps picking the Renegade options in convos and proceeded to get surprised everytime his Shepard does Renegade things, like murdering and/or threatening people is pretty great.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

MorningMoon posted:

Reggie is still to pure. I could see him doing it on like a fifth Dokapon run four years from now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOJfuxREygQ

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

beep by grandpa posted:

woolie malenia spoilers just in case he got her today- 87 attempts, solo/no summon ashes :hellyeah:

Took him about 6 hours (spread over two streams) to do it too. And to top it off, some guy I think dropped like 60 gifted subs when it happens. I don't know how much money that is, but judging Woolie's reaction, it's quite a bit.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Oh, ok. So nothing too crazy then. Because there's have been some absolutely insane donation for streams

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Marin Karin posted:

He's like twice the level I was when I platinum'd the game, but he forgets to use magic despite having int as his highest stat, and thinks any int weapon is overpowered because they... are very strong due to his own build?

So he basically will have a rough time no matter what. Bloodhound Step seems to be carrying him through the game like Nelson pushing Bart into the endzone.

Hard time against what? After Malenia, I don't think there's anything that can challenged Woolie anymore. He beats the Godskin Duo as of the latest video. This is spoilers for the latest stream He two-shots, Gurranq, placidusax, and Gideon. There's just two bosses left. And the Elden Beast is more frustrating than hard, IMO

davidHalestorm fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Jul 25, 2022

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Except he does up change up his play style? In the beginning, it was rapier plus Glintblade spam, then St. Trina short sword, then Moonveil (briefly), then shield with one-handed fist with Hoarfrost stomp, which I grant you didn't work out too well. Mohg caused him to switch to two-hand fist with Bloodhound's step, which is a powerful enough to get him past Malenia and the endgame.

I, on the other hand, just stuck to R2 Moonveil till end game. Then R2 Wings of Astel for the Final Boss

Brightman posted:

The final boss isn't weak to his build like most of them . Neither Radagon or the Elden Beast bleed proc (hemorrhage), and frost either does nothing or very little. The last bit is hard to stay close to too which isn't great for fists. Idk maybe Woolie will use the smithing stone bell bearings and upgrade a bunch of stuff and change strategies... nah.

I really don't think Woolie will have too much problem with those guys. If there's one thing I learned from Woolie's playthrough and some others, is that jumping R2 is extremely powerful

davidHalestorm fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Jul 26, 2022

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Shorter games, games that don't constantly provide him with excuses to not do anything for extended periods of time, shorter games, linear games, shorter games, games that don't invite the expectation that he has to play an entire series, shorter games, shorter games

Disagreed massively with this. The games that he chose to play on stream is fine with me. Also, the way you post in this thread is like Woolie/Matt/Pat personally wronged you or something. Just continue to ignore them, dude. You said you stopped caring about their content years ago.

davidHalestorm fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Aug 18, 2022

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
That's fine and I would be lying if I said I never got frustrated watching Woolie play a game. I remember that Fire Emblem Three Houses video from years ago being rough because he didn't pay attention to the extremely basic tutorial, IIRC.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

beep by grandpa posted:

then why does this conversion continuously come up

like i said, a % of his viewership prolly enjoy it just fine the way it is, but others' patience are definitely being tested judging by this thread, comments and twitch chat

Because you brought it up, dude. And like I said, I do get sometimes frustrated, keyword sometimes but most of the time, I would say over 90% of the time, the way Woolie and Reggie play games is completely fine.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Perfect Potato posted:

Don't worry I'm sure someone will give him a save file that undoes all his fuckoffs for safe maximum content like they did with ME2 and Balak of all things

I hope not. It'll be boring to see the same safe choices everytime. I did the "optimal" thing in my own playthroughs. That's why Reggie's Red Shepard was so entertaining because he constantly flip-flops from Paragon to Renegade in ME1. Let's see if Woolie melts the entire crew, I did that in my very first blind play through as well.

davidHalestorm fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Sep 2, 2022

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
That beyblade burst surge song that Woolie showed in his stream has been stuck in my head for days now. RIP RIP RIP RIP

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
The goatse will never go away, will it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z72xA9cltwk

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
I mean, the goatse picture itself came from this very forum, right? . This site is the origin. Ground zero.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Pat's gonna be insufferable next podcast.

Rightfully so. he didn't beat woolie he cooked him.

Then Reggie beat him with good old Ryu fundementals. It was great.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

Is the twitch vod still live, I can't seem to find it.

You're looking for this? https://twitch.tv/videos/1580446823

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Nuns with Guns posted:

He was always picking the nicest options for Cortez including supportive paragon interrupts. I was starting to wonder if he knew that was a romance option at all. Guess that answers that question. :v:

To be fair the romance lock-ins in ME3 are super early compared to 1 and 2. You can be set on a romance path with someone before you even get to Rannoch and see Tali again.

Yes, but I think the lock happened when Shepard meets Cortez in the nightclub and I think it's made very clear there that the options that Reggie chose wre the romance options.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Here's something I didn't expect, Chip, Ironicus and Woolie talks about Jojo for almost 2 hours.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNX8oIKNLHM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Reggie (possibly) poo poo-talking the Hololive fanbase off-camera after being super enthusiastic about them on stream is pretty funny.

https://clips.twitch.tv/SmoothBrightPotatoPraiseIt-vJACY4V1vnoJgUeG