Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Vandar posted:

Doesn't Zubaz still technically belong to Capcom?

There's also a clothing line called Zubaz too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

oof

https://twitter.com/WoolieWoolz/status/1076224188204154882

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

I like the edgelords videos for the most part but the stuff like the "ACTUALLY *pushes up glasses*" interrupting nerd parody stuff is not good, most of the rest is though, and making GBS threads on SAO is always welcome

the interrupting nerd part was actually funny and good

also I like Ashen's new redesign.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

Pat's gonna make 80,000$ by streaming for 30 hours accidentally.

Only 16 minutes will actually be gameplay.

Just tag it as social eating.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Guess who won Scrub Quote of the Year:

https://twitter.com/ScrubQuotesX/status/1080142796038656005

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Monaghan posted:

This is one of matt's weaker video's because the interesting part of his "what happun" series is the behind the scenes drama, not the crappiness of the game itself. This fallout 76 part just focuses on the latter, not the former.

Matt released this video way too early. He said himself that the Nuka Dark Rum controversy was happening as he was making it. And there's 100% going to be more scandals about it down the line.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Wiseblood posted:

If they start doing LPs again, there's only one choice for their new channel's debut LP:

Found Billy's account.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

HOLY poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoqyU5rb7FY

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Grouchio posted:

Why can't I see the chat feed on Twitch?

Why would you ever want to?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Tae posted:

jesus christ, the podcast is almost 4 hours long. Was matt the only reason why it stayed at "short" as it did

Matt hated how long the podcasts took. I recall when he was another podcast (I think it was Clemps'), he said "thank god this isn't like 3 hours long".

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

A man denied his Red-Bull sponsorship.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

did they talk about broly on castle superbeast yet

No, and I hope they don't because Pat will find some dumbass reason to hate it.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Yeeeah, I think I'm gonna be skipping the podcast this week.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Have any of them really picked up the "Let's Play Bad Games" torch? I haven't noticed it yet.

Matt does occasionally, he just put out a video of some awful Nina Williams Beat 'Em Up.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

beep by grandpa posted:

Does anyone in sbf have a car lol

Matt has bought a Honda CR-V a couple years ago.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Warbird posted:

Is it still a clip if it's over an hour long?

Yeah, why not just upload the entire podcast at that point?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Pat also has no qualms with using someone else's toothbrush. :gonk:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Tae posted:

Pat actively litters to the point that he stopped Paige from cleaning up his messes

Jesus gently caress, he litters because he's born on Earth day so he does it out of spite

He is the epitome of "I don't care if I win, as long as you lose"

Pat is a literal Captain Planet villain.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

I'm no psychologist but even Pat's weirdest impulses don't feel severe enough to be OCD.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Andrast posted:

How does the loving sbf thread manage to get so vitriolic

goons are poised to turn on each other at a moments notice

its the way of things

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

New Woolie Will Figure It Out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeA5jj7zd2I

Gonna be honest, I thought this was going to be abandoned since CSB has been going well. I'm glad I was wrong though!

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Matt has a Patreon now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBdVQm1PQZA

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

We need more Woolie Vs God animations.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

In the latest DMC 5 episode: Woolie desperately trying to contain his orgasm while fixing controller foibles.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

MagusDraco posted:

I will say BL3 has a punch siren which Woolie will probably get hype for

Hell :same:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Didn't all this start because of some article that said "Souls games should have an easy mode because I don't like the difficulty" without mentioning disability concerns at all?

I mean, it's not like every Souls game doesn't have secret easy mode anyway with some cheese strat or overpowered weapon.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Viridiant posted:

It's notable that there isn't nearly this much pushback when people suggest that a game should be harder, either.

No, there's definitely pushback when a game is perceived as too easy. KH3 is a recent example.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Grouchio posted:

Do Woolie and Pat still have good chemistry together?

Judging by the DMC5 LP, I'd say yes. Though Pat and Woolie was always my favorite pair.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

Why should we use less than ghost peppers in our food? Make it mildier?! The weak should fear the strong!

Speaking of, Pat still has to made due on his promise and eat a ghost pepper on stream.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Everyone, today we have hit peak Woolie noises.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Supersonic Shine posted:

He sounded like he actually died for a second there. It was mildly troubling.

I'm convinced that clapping sound was Woolie's trousers popping open.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

smuh posted:

It was really annoying that woolie tried to defend his previous "I don't need more Devil May Cry" statement by saying that he only meant he doesn't want more dante but would be fine with trish/lady spinoff or a nero game OR just 'more DMC gameplay' and acting like everyone was an idiot for misunderstanding him!!

Because if he phrased it like that in the first place pretty much everyone would have agreed with him on the spot

Glad Woolie is still practicing Backdown-Fu.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Thank you Pat, for calling out Justin Wong's awful tier lists on the podcast.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

I feel personally attacked.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Grouchio posted:

Is Rooster Teeth still allowed to badmouth WB films? I know Funhaus is but

They'll just do an awkward ad-spot on the podcast, then make fun of it later when the movie bombs.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Man, Pat and Woolie's aggressive rejection of Death of the Author is always fascinating to me

They're right. Death of the Author is dumb 90% of the time

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

Sometimes what an author says about their work and what the work actually says are two completely different things

See, for example, the Rising of the Shield Hero's author many attempts to act like he's not writing a story where the protagonist is directly complicity in slavery

The 10% of the time Death of the Author is valid is specifically for throwing bigoted poo poo back at the author, yes.

Like reading Ender as gay in Ender's Game to spite Orson Scott Card's homophobic rear end.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Improbable Lobster posted:

Yeah seriously he gets so close to realizing that these companies suck and capitalism is bad and then swerves right into gushing about how jeff amazon and tim apple are so smart

No he doesn't? He basically said "I don't know I'm an irrelevant Youtuber maybe these 'captains of industry :jerkbag:' know better".

I don't know how you get that he's gushing about Tim Apple and Zuc the Robot, while calling them Tim Apple and Zuc the Robot.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I always wonder what peoples problem is with Woolie and Pat talking Persona and Jojo.

Honestly same, and it's even worse with Souls games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Captain Baal posted:

Pat literally last week upon talking about the new character tried to work in a new narrative that Atlus was hiding the fact they were putting a female main character in the game and this is to say nothing about the conversation about wanting to play a pregnant teenage mc that Pat screamed to the heavens. The latter I found kind of funny personally, but I definitely saw some people here get annoyed about it. JoJo is Pat just saying incorrect poo poo having only read a wiki and Woolie having to correct him and I'm never gonna forget Woolie trying to apply some stupid personal narrative that every JoJo part is a cold-hot-cold change like that isn't proven completely wrong within the first protagonist being Jonathan loving Joestar and he was so drat sure of what he was saying too.

Even if you aren't talking about these two things, Woolie last week tried to talk about how HE KNEW all of Marvel's business decisions were back around the time of the Spider-Man deal. That EVERYONE would love The Ultimates on the big screen ignoring the ultimates is probably one of the most loathed versions of the avengers and Mark Millar is a lovely writer (The Avengers ultimately pulled from the Ultimates a decent bit, but it is absolutely changed a decent bit to actually work for general audiences). Tbh the stupid poo poo they say to some extent is a charm point, but they absolutely do say annoying poo poo without thinking about it and idk why it's so hard to understand that this upsets people especially if you're very into those things.

All of that poo poo is minutiae of a manga and superhero comics, getting this stuff wrong is ultimately harmless. Like, you're on SA, a place that constantly mocks people who care way too much about details like this.

Woolie's ignorance of radiation and nuclear power is way more worth getting upset about.