Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
At the very, very least he's the one who kept fisticuffs and the podcast running. Both would've died in ten weeks tops.

https://twitter.com/memeticoutlaw/status/1076599427287183361?s=19

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Dec 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Now that he points it out, the level where Kirby has to ditch its youtube career to reach the next level and he turned to the camera to say "life changing is always scary, but you made so much progress and learned a lot in this stage, Woolie Darlington Madden. Poyo." felt like it was trying to say something.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I do find it kinda funny how he's doing a podcast about how it's okay to fail, and now he has to understand that exact same thing in a different context.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

They may be apart, but they all will never stop trying to not let it sit in.

And at least two of them will keep the fans going when the heat death of the universe approaches.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Pat's streaming tonight (DS3 DLC) and started Yakuza Kiwami yesterday. He doesn't have a solid schedule yet, but is planning on streaming 3 to 4 times a week, and is now more open to longer games. So there's that if you like his streams.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Last night was an hour straight of troubleshooting minor issues in Dragon age inquisition.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Viridiant posted:

I genuinely want you to explain this to me. It was almost two hours of Pat continuously going "Hold on" and Paige complaining about it. It's not like they were having interesting conversation while he was screwing with the settings.

Hold on,

Just one more Hold On, Arthur

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I followed the thing fairly closely because I love drama like that, so I had heard pretty much everything in the video. :/

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Neo_Crimson posted:

Matt released this video way too early. He said himself that the Nuka Dark Rum controversy was happening as he was making it. And there's 100% going to be more scandals about it down the line.

It's the conflict of any journalist; you can try to get the whole story out ASAP while it's red hot, or do a full investigation and risk striking when the iron's frosty.

I expected the latter like all his other whu happuns. As said upthread, his best parts are the behind the scene dramas. I came in with that skewed perception that he had behind-the-scene stuff, like a tester or developer's testimony that shed light as to why exactly this product was rushed. Instead, it was a recap of the story so far. The big chungus were a redeeming factor, however.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Yes! Whu Happunin' with all the flops and hilarious mishaps that are currently occurring. Maybe he could get a guest every now and then, and talk about whu happunin' to himself. Should be a fairly regular video, maybe every Tuesday.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

CSB 1: We Dug Up Our Baby's Grave

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Live from woolie's home; and one time he had to run away and hide under his bed because his fiance was a fascist.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Oxyclean posted:

I kinda wanted more of that Star Trek LP because jank game + Star Trek chat seemed like a great formula.

It's too bad the blue barrel of discord came down on the fragile klingon spine of their friendship after only a session.

Anyway, Pat/Woolie LPs seem likely given the end of this week's podcast, they'll just have to... Figure It Out.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

So, its been like a month and we are all pass the part of remembrances and all, but I decided to look back at the mailbag and christ they were so young and full of energy back then, and thinner but fatter then they are now and pat wears normal people shirts and liam got a framed picture of peter moloneu signed by peter moloneu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGvYiXlWPBc

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

My favorite genre of Woolie is "unexpectedly about religion or bad parent, or both" like with Binding of Isaac or that one church bit in Devil May Cry. So Katamari Damacy Reroll is an excellent game for him to LP.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Tae posted:

jesus christ, the podcast is almost 4 hours long. Was matt the only reason why it stayed at "short" as it did

Absolutely. Tons of podcasts end shortly after someone bringing up that Matt had to go to a thing, except the ones he leaves and they keep going for another hour or two.

The Ahegao Academy stream is wonderful, Woolie's fiancee is super fun.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Matt is doing a surprise MK11 stream right now btw

And MK11 has been delayed for thirty minutes, so now Matt is gonna tell us dumb MK lore for those thirty minutes to fill in time.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

So, Liam and Pat aren't streaming it. Matt is streaming it. Woolie is
https://twitter.com/WoolieWoolz/status/1085974040118943745

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Or, in a less aggressive tone jfc, they've already got about 50 episodes of just the two of them doing the podcast over the years anyway.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I like Pat's tangents once per subject. He dives deep into poo poo he cares for and his rambles are coherent, yet crazed, enough. But if it's a subject I don't particularly care for, or it's something he's spoken about recently [like a year] that hasn't drastically changed, then it's impossible to sit through it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

And now machinima is dead so those videos are gone. Guess no worries from that contract at least.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Oh, hey, I think Pat might've gotten an early code for RE2
https://twitter.com/AngriestPat/status/1088552819932696576

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I'm kinda digging the podcast a bit more lately, way more personal canadian tangents are great. Telephonic monopolies are super loving interesting; as a dude that's lived in the mexican-usa border my whole life and hung out on both sides, I always love seeing the more 'practical' cultural differences unfold.

Though that's probably gonna be nothing compared to hearing Woolie react to Titanfall 3 dying live on stream.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1093936720595308544

(check the comments)

But yeah, the whole segment was fun, but boy were their predictions on Apex's performance wrong (for now)
And, y'know, EA's management of Respawn is terrible poo poo, even if Respawn is seeing success right now.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Feb 8, 2019

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

"I will buy garbage from the homeless and throw it on the ground!"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I always assumed that any time he says "vitamins" he means meds he's been prescribed for OCD and other things.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Mel Mudkiper posted:

last week: Titanfall 3 cancelled for Battle Royale Game
this week: Platinum is making a character action game with stands

The universe gives, the universe takes

This week also: Apex turns out to be really fun for Woolie and probably actually made Titanfall 3 a possibility. Tetris doesn't want Woolie to forget it and also dresses up in BR. (loving loving Tetris 99)

Been really enjoying this week's podcast, too. It does feel a bit... idk how to put it, I'm not dunking on anyone, but two hours into this podcast and I feel like Matt would've said three sentences so far and not engage at all in the fun chats Woolie and Pat have, beyond some vague complaints about the earth not needing to be bleached or not having time for DMCV or not caring at all about Apex.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Oh yeah and its amazing how we've moved from ads before the news to ads after most 'weeks' to ads after A week to ads before the weeks even start.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Liam's reaction to this Direct was pretty good, but my favorite moment was the very start when he realized he went to the wrong stream and wound up at Nintendo of Portugal.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I've only caught the first few mins; I love Woolie and Minh's anime rivalry.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Yeah, im mostly sticking to the podcasts, Woolie videos every now and then, and Pat streams as background noise. Liam streams of conferences i wanna see reactions to.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Feb 21, 2019

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Phantasium posted:

this breakdown in Woolie's Degrees of Separation video is incredible

Billy's power level is too high. I wish there was some kinda magic portal that could retroactively put him in some videos from the Best Friends arc :allears:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I probably will because it also needs Kira Buckland narrating as friendships crumble

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/AngriestPat/status/1103354916557471746

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Minhatte no Gokui was super powerful and good, bless.

Now, would you like some DMC5 or instead DMC5?
https://twitter.com/AngriestPat/status/1103721258489970690

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Mar 7, 2019

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

First few mins is them yucking it up at how early they got the game. I love these fuckers

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

No Woolie/Pat Sekiro LP
"Nope, I cant i cant, not gonna happen, id rather shoot my dick off. he got lost in dmc5 levels, i cant i cant"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Tae posted:

"Woolie hold L3"

*Woolie holds down R3*

WOOLIE, WHY

The Dark Souls lp of post-break-up LPs

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/WoolieWoolz/status/1104855353169244163

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

And Warframe was The game for the developer, it was their last chance. Square has a history of letting games develop too long.

EA is probably measuring how quick they can realistically dump Anthem and forget it existed without pissing consumers too badly.