Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Hey kids! Do you want to be as AKOOL as me?
Kind of odd that they were way into One Punch Man back when that was happening, but it seems like they slept on Mob Psycho. You'd think Mother's Basement or Eyepatch Wolf would have pushed it on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

All I heard was the first hour or so when they talked about fighting game culture and the meta of dangerous playground activities, and at least that was fun.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Boy am I glad I stopped following Pat on twitter ages ago. As somebody who is severely disabled and, depending on the availability of proper treatment, may never be able to play video games without horrible pain ever again, seeing him basically say "if you can only play an easier version of a game, you shouldn't get to experience it at all" doesn't exactly thrill me.

Also Pat literally cheated to beat Balder's Gate 2 (or 1, can't remember) and defended himself saying that it was a singleplayer game and how he plays it is nobody's business.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Woolie's excitement during his Doom streams is infectious. Somehow I didn't expect him to end up liking it this much.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Very excited for him to reach the cyberdemon tomorrow.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

I'm super glad Woolie finally switched to his gamepad/mouse hybrid setup for Black Mesa. It was an instant improvement.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

There seems to be a lot of people that take any opportunity to attack Liam, really not sure why.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

I hope Woolie goes through with his idea to play HL2 on 360 just to spite everyone telling him to play vanilla or MMod.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Oxyclean posted:

The Woolie Way™

I'll be happy as long as those MMod people aren't. It's so weird how many people are suddenly claiming that HL2 isn't fun without it, or that it's just a straight upgrade and there's no reason not to use it. From what I've seen, it does cool stuff to try to make combat feel more fluid and impactful, but some of its effects seem a bit over the top, and it oversaturates the game's color scheme in a way that looks godawful.

Frankly, I don't see why anybody would be opposed to Woolie playing vanilla so he can see the game as it was originally intended (or at least as close as it gets post orange box).

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Yeah you can pull the tau off the buggy and also carry combine turrets with you.

Also, the 360 version is actually a pretty decent port. I beat HL2 and the episodes on it with no real problems.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Haven't reached that part yet, but I'm excited to see Reggie's reaction to such a crime.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

To be fair, Woolie would main Vergil no matter what tier he was.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

I honestly found the sonic 06 playthrough pretty rough to watch. It's so over-edited that it gives me constant whiplash and it makes it harder to tell what they're doing at any given moment. What's the point of cutting out 2-3 seconds of dead air at a time?

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Dabir posted:

If Woolie played Smash he'd main Little Mac because he's a BOXER so he's JUST LIKE WOOLIE, and any time you try to explain that he's losing all the time because Mac's gimmick just makes him objectively the worst character in the game he'd act hurt and confused and stop the game to take ten minutes to explain that he picked Mac because he likes the boxer aesthetic and not take anything anyone says on board.

Picking a character based on aesthetics is totally valid though. I'd rather do that and endure the uphill battle than pick a character I have no interest in just because it's easier to win with them.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Woolie needs to stop trying to spread his "never use consumables" brain worms.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

I'm still having a great time watching his Mass Effect streams.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Liam's Kingdom Hearts streams were great and I still go back to them every now and then.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Nope, he imported a custom save with almost all the same choices Reggie made.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Yeah I'm not sure how I feel about that. On one hand, I mostly just care about what he and Reggie think about the story, so whatever. On the other hand, it's super weird to play through the game so heavily modded and OP on your first run. I think just playing vanguard would have been plenty for Woolie.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

I think the option to use any weapon type is more OP than his weird set of class abilities.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Rody One Half posted:

Yes he's just a vanguard

Well, a vanguard who can use any weapon type, so basically still a custom class.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Indecisive posted:

i would like to watch pats 'react' streams but it seems like they arent getting archived so welp

Thankfully, somebody has been archiving them on youtube.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Weirdest attempt at a Woolie dunk I've seen in a while. Lmao he likes a cool thing what an idiot.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Nuns with Guns posted:

He also originally had a fully custom class whose powers were all the unique powers for each Shepard class, but he had it changed to be a normal vanguard after a couple sessions.

Ah yes, a "normal vanguard" with the black widow sniper rifle.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Perfect Potato posted:

I feel like that subreddit is the worst it's ever been lately. 90% of the crap there is either comic poo poo no one sane could possibly care about or upvote fishing in the laziest way imaginable where the op tosses an "Examples of X in Y" topic title with zero effort and expects everyone else to do the work for them

Don't forget the endless repetition of tired jokes like shoving evillak into everything. Or more "joke racism", a gag that gets increasingly uncomfortable the more it's done.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Watching Woolie play HL2 is just as painful as I had hoped/feared. Never in my life had I seen anyone get dropped to less than half health before even starting Route Kanal, or take a full 30 seconds to very carefully take out one barnacle.

I am genuinely excited for next time. He is going to get so lost in Ravenholm.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Brightman posted:

Woolie being mad at the pie story is why it's persisted. If he had laughed it off initially they would've dropped it, hell we may never have heard about it. Continuing to be mad about it just fuels the flames all the more.

IMO people who still make Woolie pie stealing jokes need to grow up, get off reddit, and develop a real sense of humor. Even beyond the fact that Woolie himself is sick of it, the joke is over a decade old and it was already pretty dead before the best friends even broke up, which itself was over 5 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Honestly, I get not liking it, that playthrough got kind of frustrating to watch sometimes. Personally, if it seems like Woolie is still engaged and having a good time, that's good enough for me. I appreciate that he's willing to branch out a bit and play games that he's not necessarily familiar with or good at if they interest him enough, and it's been fun watching him get into Half-Life without knowing much about it beforehand.

I still don't quite get how easily he gets motion sick though. It sucks because it definitely hurt his enjoyment of the game and made it take even longer to get through than it normally would have.