Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

ahahahahaha

Both Minh and Woolie got the OP elixir. Woolie blew the elixir first though and couldn't get on Rico quickly enough, causing him to drop to 1 HP on the second turn of combat, so he gave up. Minh swept in on a lucky roll almost right away and killstole to win the game.

Then Minh took the entire prize pool (blood + peace) and split it between the three of them. Reggie was salty because he'd planned to do the same thing, but Woolie straight said that he would have taken it all for himself if he'd won.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

I'm a little late to the Nioh discussion but this is my two cents. Disclaimer, I didn't watch any of the Pat streams.

Nioh is a good game. Nioh 2 is a great game.

They are TERRIBLE games to play on a stream blind the first time if you don't already have some kind of familiarity with the systems.

As many people have said, the loot doesn't matter all that much in Normal (* of the Samurai) difficulty as long as you keep your gear on-level. However, the first time playing through, you don't necessarily know this. This is complicated by the fact that you don't have your entire moveset available to you at first and that you have to complete weapon-specific challenges as the game progresses to unlock everything, for each weapon type.

Also that some missions are traps (thinking Warrior of the West in 1 and Chinese Bellflower Dagger in 2) that will kick your rear end over and over unless you have some level of systems mastery or you go back to them when you're overleveled.

This only applies to the non-DLC content in each game. In 1, the DLC will beat your rear end over your head unless you go to NG+ and get ilvl 150 Divines across the board to even the odds a bit, and even then Shigezane, Masamune, and Maria are absolute bastards of bosses. In 2, the DLC is much more fair in that you don't have to go farm gear in NG+, but even at the end it slogs a bit since the final main mission in DLC3 is significantly higher level and if you don't know to Daion-jin's Sake before fighting Nightmare Bringer, the tri-elemental attacks will probably flatten you.

I can honestly get why he dropped it, but it's its own thing. The criticism of the game being mission-based though is comical seeing as how Demon's Souls is mission-based, but whatever.

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

I'm most stunned by that they used enough trans fat in the chicken one that they had to admit there was at least 1 gram of it (you can claim there isn't if it's <0.5g).