Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

I followed Matt for a while but now I feel like his content is kind of... aimless? He clearly wants to be Big Youtube and I respect that but I feel like he's driving in circles

I hit the others when they stream a game I'm interested in, mostly Pat because tbh Minh is comedy poison half the time. He's so stressful when he starts really backseating, early Spec Ops was miserable with him trying to playtest through Woolie's hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i've been watching the streams and things are only looking up for the DOOM playthrough

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Whitenoise Poster posted:

I love how into it he gets. Woolie has a way of getting excited for the things he likes that's honestly pretty rare to see. Most online people have a very like, i dunno, Radio Excitement when they are on camera/mic.

this is why the best friends and chip/ironicus are the only youtubers/streamers i give a single poo poo about

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

literally the posts immediately above, grouchio

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Yardbomb posted:

it feels good to control :colbert:

you played an extremely different RE6 i see

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

the guy who did the somehow-extremely-dry compilations of sbf injokes decided to do an extremely-dry list of lps the best friends did, is what i took away from a skim

the only videos he did that got views were sbf compilations in general so he needs that algorithm love

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

it's only a mobile fighting game but that still owns

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

a fighting game made for mobile is a mobile fighting game no matter what else you put it on

but i'll still give it a shot if it turns out cool

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Is anyone watching world of horror? I tried to watch and woolie was like backseat pushing punchmom around on menus so hard i couldn't stand it

Does that stop

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

to be fair anyone who took anything matt and pat said about woolie seriously had failed to read the room

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

none of them have ever been anything you could call conservative. i feel like comparing them to 4chan posters is pretty unfair

the fanbase, that's a different matter, but all crowds of people in youtube comments are garbage

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Woolie at least is a literal 4chan poster.

you understand there is a difference between 'posts on the website 4chan' and '4chan Poster, the Archetype' right

like of all the people, you mention woolie, the most radical

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

A person who posts on 4chan is a 4chan poster.

go wash your hands

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i definitely still eagerly watch liam's stream (archives) when he's doing a game i'm interested in but yeah

tbh my personal enjoyment of the podcast has been upwardly buoyed as a result of liam and then matt leaving, mostly since those last months before they actually left you could really feel them sandbagging the conversations harder and harder. matt way moreso than liam.

now if woolie would just stop arguing with the chat. his brain goblins about having to be absolutely sure he's understood might be worse than any of pat's

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

he was the equivalent of having the wiki open while you played except it yelled at you forever

i think it's for the best they rarely had guests for LPs even if most of the podcast guests worked out really well

i was about to say that guy cihi on the cast was legendary but when i did a search to try to find a clip to listen to it again apparently guy cihi's a piece of poo poo 'now' because of course

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Pretty much the only point that actually exists in that argument is that mouse control is better for shooters - if you're used to using a mouse

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

it's a good thing woolie is really funny and has great chemistry with reggie because i think he's really bad at anything in a video game that doesn't involve beating an enemy

if i was watching the black mesa lp for anything other than them being funny i would've had a stroke when woolie had the sample rise up in the dead center of his screen in ep 1 and then didn't notice it until he died because he walked right into the obvious death beam

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i feel bad but i have enjoyed like 5% of minh

the time woolie loads up 20XX and the video stops DEAD as woolie tries and fails to explain 'X-ty X' for what feels like ten minutes said it all

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

so the number go down

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

man anyone who complains about pat being blind doesn't watch NEARLY enough woolie

like pat's blindness is generally 'pans past something too fast, misses a pickup, gets yelled at, wheels back around'

i don't think i can ever forgive woolie for the start of the black mesa lp

EDIT: i started episode 2 right after posting this and it starts with woolie talking about not knowing the map and following lighting prompts as best he can while ignoring the bright white thing you have to plug into the wall that's attached to it by a cable with a spotlight glaring directly down on it

Patware fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Apr 24, 2020

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

arguing about the minutae of various rocket launcher things really buries the lede of the musket nonsense

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

that's musket singular

Check mate

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

there's no real proof one of them didn't take the musket off the other one

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

is... is that anything? or is it just a joke that both names have minh in them???

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

to be fair, who watched episode 2 of three houses

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Shinji2015 posted:

Hah, I just watched the last few episodes of MHA S4, and I spent most of them muttering "stop trying to redeem this lovely rear end in a top hat." I mean, I'm glad Endeavour is trying to turn his life around, but gently caress him forever.

It's not a redemption story, it's an atonement story. This is a very important distinction.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

I think he was trying to convey that tacking an epilogue into the anime on after the point at which the manga ended was disrespectful to authors in general, rather than a wedding itself being tasteless. He was grouchy about the epilogue at all, not slice of life stuff

The Last, being a movie, operates under different general attitudes about that kind of thing

I don't entirely agree with him because we've got no way of knowing what was worked out with Kishimoto by the anime people, but Woolie's pretty consistent about his attitudes toward respecting a creator's original work as regards adaptations

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

persona needs another game starring listless 20-30somethings, fictional high schoolers have a limit on how bad their lives can be

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

liam is a crit build

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

drat everyone's really sticking their necks out for reheated the walking dead vegetarian-style

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

all i'm saying is that the much-vaunted masterpiece story of this game has already been done to death in every self-serious piece of zombie fiction that has been getting lobbed at our faces for years, so if they're going to package it into a game they could've at least not made playing it as much of a slog as its narrative

so pat isn't exactly being a weird rear end in a top hat by immediately feeling that this game is kind of an underwhelming gruel with a thin layer of extremely impressive technical achievement laid on top

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Blockhouse posted:

He is, however, being a weird rear end in a top hat for streaming it and just being generally unfunny in making fun of it.

can't argue against that

Roth posted:

Doom and Doom: Eternal are tested to work fine with a gamepad. Black Mesa wasn't, and that playthrough was such a mess because of it.

i tried real hard to watch black mesa but woolie's inability to actually pay attention (and then shout 'LP Tax') was REAL bad in that one

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

that poo poo came out 16 years ago

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Andrast posted:

The most tiresome Star Wars opinion is a star wars opinion

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

MorningMoon posted:

He's allegedly back in NXT having a dark match every other month. Obviously not anymore since Covid.

The Performance Center can't teach you how to be 6'6, nor can it teach you how to wrestle.

Poor loving guy. Like, there's dirt for sure on poo poo he's done even just a year ago, but to go from handpicked by Booker T and debuting in the indies after less than a year of training, and getting signed to WWE half a year after that... to spending now 4 years in that company and the only thing on his resume being a month on commentary... at least they're paying him to never realize his dreams.

he got very over for a while on his own and this needs to be punished until he's 35 to learn the pecking order

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

he probably existed in a way brock didn't like

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Woolie's not wrong - I feel like a lot of the rising stars in the FGC start getting their visibility these days in their late teens, and Woolie just had his usual problems really making himself clear that he staggers into when he's very emotionally connected to the current events. Pat's also not wrong in that the EVO environment compounded with Las loving Vegas to create a distinctly dangerous atmosphere. It's a complex matter to untangle and I think the only thing that was really unfair in that conversation was Woolie thinking Pat was just mining for punchlines.

I don't think people under 18 should be strictly barred from majors, but whatever takes the place of EVO should absolutely not be in Las Vegas.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Rody One Half posted:

Punishing children by taking away their video games because perverts exist doesn't follow. Relocating would help significantly because Pat's right, Vegas is a shithole, but there is also clearly just a reporting problem on every level that I don't know is actually solvable with the organization as it exists.

to be fair: do you mean the organization that no longer exists? evo's dead, we're just seeing it twitch

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i hope woolie never stops shitposting

god i hope they considered briefly making those hands not deeply jank and decided 'absolutely leave them'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

listening to the latest podcast and i think woolie giving pat poo poo about the mind goblins and seemingly intentionally leading him to saying dumb goblin poo poo is getting waaaay more tiresome than the goblins ever were

if they're doing it as a bit, it's wearing out