Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

the Crymetina videos eventually started feeling really samey to me

I don't even like the Wuh Happens, the ones i've dipped back in on feel like he's just reading off pretty commonly known stories and he seems to have exhausted his insider connections

was The TakeOver any good? the graphics look bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

a cartoon duck posted:

please spectate and watch the forums

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Brightman posted:

When I watched the stream of that it seemed that he was just getting severely salty and tilted instead of just being terrible at the game, while clearly still being very bad at it.

pretty much the exact same reason i watch hololive fall guys videos

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i feel like they pretty well handled it amongst themselves live on air and there's no benefit to getting exercised over it further

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

do you really want to see Pat try to play Caves of Qud

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

yeah but i feel like, thinking about qud, he hits the character generation asking him very important questions and he looks at all the options and he immediately has a goblin breakdown and switches to something else after sweating for thirty minutes

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i got diluc as a pure f2p so i'm pretty satisfied with the genshin gacha

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Capcom probably has the rights to the very specific unnamed character from the concept art, but The Baz has become so, so much more.

Not to mention most other renditions of the Baz are closer to the extra beefy Shovel Knight incarnation.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

pat and woolie have definitely mentioned the baz, just not anything about trying to get him in something

i could swear he came up on the latest podcast, even

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Omi no Kami posted:

So I tried listening to CSB after taking a break, and is it just me or does Woolie sound miserable these days? It felt like half the podcast was him interrupting Pat to railroad towards the next FGC thing, and the rest was heavy sighs and rambling, incoherent variations on 'Yeah, so, uh, you know what I mean, anyway *sigh*". It bums me out, especially since the pre-breakup podcast had a really wonderful blend of neurotic ticks, bizarre tangents, and genuinely interesting takes that I haven't really found an equivalent for.

i just finished the latest podcast and i have no idea where you got any of this from unless you're just one of those people who goes 'ughhh' whenever they talk about FGC anything, they were both pretty high energy the whole time

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

conspiracy theory, perhaps someone has been holding back some projects from going forward explicitly to wait out ono

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

aside from plague or extremely in-industry guys they just don't know how to work with guests. i get the feeling they don't listen to a lot of podcasts that get guests and stuff on their own time so they're just kind of expecting to do what they do and the guest will fit themselves in

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

it's fine https://twitter.com/WoolieWoolz/status/1318780031926214662

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

end result is still "i threw him in the garbage"

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

woolie also has absolutely zero ability to detect when pat is saying ludicrous things as a bit and this seems to entertain pat immensely every time

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i will...

wait for a supercut that removes all of the parts where woolie is trying to solve a puzzle.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

People think it's Majima, but that's his brother

He's Majima Luigi

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Nalesh posted:

Nah, you're close though, I'm pretty sure his name is Goomba Majima.

Majima Goomba, please, we're discussing Yakuza

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

of course he does

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i doubt any of that information affected nintendo's decision one way or the other tbh

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Kay Kessler posted:

It's very telling that he refused to upload the cyberpunk section of last week's podcast, and I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't this week, either.

Do you mean 'within the podcast itself' or 'on his channel'? because he doesn't put the entire total podcast on his channel and never has

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Woolie would probably have the usual experience: absolutely love doing cool-rear end combos for a while and then run into just how much money they want from you to make yourself look the way you want and manage to burn out before even hitting the worst of the grind.

Which is the best-case scenario

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Woolie will dig and fortify and prepare earthworks and wheel in cannons and MEAN IT, Pat is just doing a bit half the time

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Andrast posted:

Pat will admit he's wrong *and* dig in at the same time

this is what it means to have the true heart and soul of a poster

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Whitenoise Poster posted:

I think one of the most annoying things is everyone calling literally every word out of Pats mouth a bit or crazy or doubling down when like 90% of the time it's a completely reasonable opinion and usually something I agree with. And this Rare thing is like, the absolute Peak of people just being completely insane about the idea that a person can have the audacity to dislike several pieces of mediocre media.

i respect pat tremendously, and i mean this, for not really letting that get to him ever. unless you count his intentionally doubling down on dumb poo poo to mess with those people as 'getting to him'

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Tupperwarez posted:

This is what Southpark does to the human brain.

dude is 52, he was way past formative years when south park showed up and ruined an entire generation

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

The more I learn about V the less I like him.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

he's a special dumb frozen in amber. most people who were like him in their late teens/twenties ended up...

well, we saw a lot of them on the news recently. i don't think he's that bad

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

is some brave soul willing to figure out the timestamps so i can just not listen to them clumsily stumblefuck through the politics this time

usually i don't mind it but whew, this one

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

that's a spicy wrinkle

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Tupperwarez posted:

Did church break Woolie's brain or something?

i don't think it's to blame for this part but yeah that's how childhood trauma usually goes

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Grouchio posted:

What happun?

not the most... well-timed reference, grouchio

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Warbird posted:

Someone post a pic of this whole rear end capcom lady. How heug could she possibly be?

buddy,

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

we'll see if it's just dropping the guest into the whole thing or doing a specific guest segment, which i think works better for their style

but also unlike TierZoo, this guy probably has some stuff to say about stuff

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

I just wish his audio was less bunk

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Al-Saqr posted:

Yeah but was there a spoiler cast or something that padded the time? Or was it all regular episode?

new 'round these parts?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

but: matt absolutely losing his poo poo at skeleton ball...

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

ChaseSP posted:

It's weird to think that Pat had a full on public 14 FC for a while. And it wasn't a complete price of poo poo either despite what you would expect, albeit Pat acted like how you would expect whenever people tried to do poo poo together.

as someone who got in there pretty early and rose to minor prominence by idling in extremely stupid places in the guildhouse for days on end, Pat was never really the problem as I could see - it was mostly the people that were becoming his actual friends/raid group getting big heads

but even then it was EXTREMELY tame and chill bigheading compared to mmo drama I've seen

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

they hated gina carano when she showed up in mandalorian, too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

I hear that vtubering has a big female audience. And I mean, as the ones streaming, not audience watching them. Is that true or am I just making up things from a dozen different half remembered pieces of info again?

there are probably more women doing it than men

a friend of mine is dabbling. she deeply enjoys that men can't criticize her appearance through the avatar and that she doesn't feel pressured to put herself "together" just to play games on the internet