Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

There are definitely guilds starting to appear, which can do double-business doing Live2D models for games as well. Iron Vertex is probably at the top of the heap for NA guilds right now, though I couldn't find anything around their actual prices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

there's a really weird effect where being behind so many layers of abstraction seems to help the streamers be a lot more genuine than the average, too

probably because you know if you embarrass yourself too badly you can just drop the mask and disappear

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Overlord K posted:

I didn't expect this many new replies to be about vtubers, yet I'm also not too surprised.

woolie opened the box. we came. now you must come with us. taste our pleasures. we have such animes to show you.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

If Pat wanted to exercise he'd do all the wrong cheats and end up making some kind of nightmarish serum that changes his physiology like Jekyll and Hyde.

which one's which

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Unit24 posted:

What's the point of cutting out 2-3 seconds of dead air at a time?

i didn't really have a finger on it but stuff like this is why i can't watch most of matt's stuff. i despise that whiplash youtube editing and i don't know why he thinks it's a good idea, unless he's doing it because 'everyone else does it'

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

matt's soul is extremely american in both the good and bad ways

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

just stir the oil back in

and if the oil comes back out just stir the oil back in

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

you just stir it back in

imagine a peanut butter that just sort of spread like you thought it should

imagine

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

my favorite part of the best friends thread is when people start complaining about what someone might say

i'm assuming the news is the announcement of the diamond/pearl remake and the new open world-looking game

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Kay Kessler posted:

Pat doesn't care and just trolls, but Woolie gets genuinely angry at Gamefreak and accuses them of being lazy. And then talks about how Cyber Sleuth is so great then admits he's never played it.

game freak is legitimately one of the laziest unambitious studios out there right now, also, cyber sleuth kicks rear end

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

game freak should absolutely have lined up an actually good developer to make Arceus, i have zero confidence in their ability to do a good job

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Blockhouse posted:

I think it's fine not to like how Pokemon is these days but "lazy devs" have never been a thing and saying that poo poo in 2021 when we know the conditions games are made under makes you look like an rear end in a top hat

i said the studio was lazy. i expected that it wouldn't be too difficult to connect the dots that that probably refers to the upper level people that actually make the decisions as opposed to the devs just trying to do their jobs, especially in the thread of a podcast done by people who are very intelligent on how the inner workings of the video game industry operates

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Oxyclean posted:

Like idk what all this nonsense fighting game fans are complaining about, there's like a billion fighting games these days, the genre has almost never been more mainstream, I'm sure fans of a dozen different dead genres would happily take bad netcode if it meant getting games at all!

except fighting games are a genre that lives or dies on getting as close to frame-perfect as possible. most other online games can soak some stuttering and some lag, but not fighting games. bad netcode means that large swaths of people can functionally only play fighting games in single player if they don't have people around them that also want to play the fighting game right next to them. you're right that fighting games are a super alive genre right now but huge piles of them are nearly unplayable online if you don't have... i will charitably say unusually good internet in your area in the United States. i have no idea how internet infrastructure holds up elsewhere in general in comparision, just that i'm very certain ours is very bad on average

re: snap, i didn't see anyone mad about pokemon snap except people that are literally too young to know what pokemon snap was - which is a lot of people, that is a 22 year old game - grumpy that it wasn't a remake

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

controlled 100% via gyro and voice commands performed via a new peripheral that is packed in with a different game

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Pretty sure the same thing the handheld games did: you just enter a character string

This is probably why they weren't localized

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Vandar posted:

I'm a day zero Pokemon fan and I've been mostly satisfied with the franchise. People just like to blow most of the franchise's issues up to seem bigger than they are. :colbert:

i'm a day zero pokemon fan and i think the game suffers from a grievous failure to iterate on its core, instead just stacking more and more barely-developed side things around it that then get thrown out for the next entry

our opinions have now pair-annihilated and neither of us matters. we may retire to the smoking chamber

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Tae posted:

2 months sounds like they found a fixable bug but need more time to hit cert, probably online based since there was a major bug regarding being able to challenge people.

they directly call out the lobbies needing some more work. they also mentioned the stability, but from what i've heard from people the stability was extremely good

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Neo_Crimson posted:

Pat has taught him well.

this week's podcast in particular illustrates this is an extremely specifically woolie thing, where he is wrong about something and drags everything to a halt for what felt like 20 minutes explaining why he ended up wrong and how hard it is that everyone is watching you be wrong

meanwhile pat talks about how he likes to be wrong on purpose as a bit

(The stuff about rats)

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

does arkham look like it's going to be good? i've basically resolved myself that i can only watch woolie-played LPs with reggie giving him poo poo next to him

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

please enough of that specific joke permutation, whoof

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

when woolie's on he's absolutely on. the paper mario lp is godlike

when woolie is not on he is EXTREMELY not on

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

woolie needs someone funny with him very badly. he's not unfunny but he has to be pulled out of his zone to get there. minh is too much of a human sandbag and littlev ends up powering up a lot of woolie's worse qualities

basically, god bless reggie

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

the proration on this own combo is getting really steep

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Do they plan to keep making games while pissing off people who promote their game at not cost to them?

yeah

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Neo_Crimson posted:

No, he's made fun of them multiple times.

I make fun of fat guys a lot, and yet...

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Andrast posted:

Unless I missed the double jump upgrade somewhere souls games don't have you find new abilities which unlock new areas for progression which is like the main defining hallmark of metroidvanias

I do need to play control though

the abilities are inside your heart

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Yardbomb posted:

It sucks hugely that they're doing LAD because of some sponsored thing and not just because it's an amazingly fun game, they better pick it back up I guess like, post-0 or something.

Woolie's plan was to go through All Yakuza and get to LAD when he got to it

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

Unless the character is literally incapable of doing damage to his opponents, they're just fine to play as.

scary ghost dog posted:

little mac absolutely destroys noobs who dont have good fundamentals

i think it's pretty clear contextually that people are talking competitively and little mac is nonfunctional competitively

little mac is For Fun

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

remember, if you like anything about a piece of media, you wholeheartedly cosign every single thing it does and every idea it espouses

did that dude autoban and then rereg

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

that guy looks like he smells terrible and swears by something he calls a 'spice shower'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Tae posted:

Also we've been dulled by it, but Pat is an infuriating person to be around 24/7 if you don't tip toe around his mind goblins or built up decades of immunity like Woolie

yeah paige was so infuriated by all that long-term unavoidable close contact she got engaged to him

we've all said some wild poo poo about the stuff these guys do that irritates us but unless you know the man personally this one's extra wild