Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Vandar posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzA5YC-HlAY

They actually did make a video of him getting into bed once but I can't find it. Maybe it was a podcast video?

There WAS a video of Pat actually demonstrating his bed related insanity, but it was on a tumblr page that apparently either doesn't exist anymore or they got rid of the post.

Oxyclean posted:

Pat is at his best when he has silly energy / enthusiasm over stuff.

Eg
https://twitter.com/bandainamcono/status/1086218181340024832?s=21

That's loving amazing, holy poo poo. I would've had the same reaction as Pat if I had been playing that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

ConanThe3rd posted:

Is It me or is Plauge really crap at listening?
He keeps picking up details wrong on Figure it out.

Part way through listening to that I thought "man, they're trying to make a comic not a book, it's not the same beast, Plague" then I remembered he does comics and got annoyed. There was a part they discussed that could be solved by remembering that thought bubbles are a thing in comics. Also they could shoot more for "show don't tell" and still be good. The biggest problems I heard were that it was a bit long for the amount of content they described and they've pinned over the project for so long they'd only accept nigh perfection, so they're basically hosed. I think every artist friend I have has a thing like this to some extent and they'll never, ever actually finish it cause they go all perfectionist mode on the drat thing and revise it forever, Plague has a good point about just setting a small goal and getting something made early on, more people need to do that.

Here's that imgur album they mentioned in case anyone didn't go looking for it and was curious: https://imgur.com/a/DhvWfRR

Name down the leg aside I think these are some pretty good designs actually. If they ever did get a comic published with this I'd probably buy a copy just for the mech designs.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I don't follow the podcasts, never really been much my jam. Woolie did that art, or was that art done for him by someone else based on his descriptions?

Woolie did all but the last two that were done recently. He mentioned that in college when it started he made a 3D render of the cities and the mech which he was going to pose and trace over, then add more details for the comic. I believe they said Gantz was doing this at the time and u think the third image of the mech is either the render or made using it, I'm unsure.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Oh, hey, I think Pat might've gotten an early code for RE2

This is a weird spot to be in, like I want to watch that, but spoilers for new poo poo? I've played the original like...over a dozen times, I dunno, so it's not like that's a big thing probably, but also the angry half-man got me to buy AC7 and I was gonna play more of that tonight (side-note: I really hate how similar the nations' names are in that, I'm not even 100% on who I'm fighting for yet).

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Vandar posted:

I'm brain farting. If AC7 isn't Assassin's Creed, what is it?

I think if we went by Assassin's Creed then 7 would be Origins but it's hard to say what counts as a full release, like I wanna say Rogue doesn't but maybe, so it could be Syndicate, unless that also doesn't count and then sure, Odyssey would be 7. I didn't play any of them between 4 and Origins so I dunno, they could make the next one AssCreed5 and act like the last 6 years were side stories.

Big Scary Owl posted:

Watching the beginning of Pat's RE2 stream made me realize that Capcom only gave early access to him because they knew that by the time he stops reading donations the game will already be unlocked for everyone

He did good and pretty much started playing at 8 like he scheduled, I don't often catch his streams live, at least not at the start, so no idea if that's common for him or not, doesn't seem like it is based on the archives. I ended up watching up to the point the demo ends and decided to nope out and play Ace Combat 7 until it unlocked, but I hit a mission where I kept getting shot down so I watched Pat's stream of that mission, and a few others to see his reaction to some things, and learned from him that all you really have to do is re-position yourself so the missile is approaching your side and it'll miss. I had been doing a bunch of loops and barrel roll combinations before which worked like 80% of the time and it wasn't enough. Like maybe if I had 15 flares that approach would work, but after watching Pat and learning that I didn't have to use any flares.

Also I checked back in on his RE2 stream when I was done playing and holy poo poo is he going save crazy, he's going to get like a D ranking or whatever on saves alone. Like he's at 50+ around the bit with the chess plugs, I can't imagine saving that much for the whole game. I think I was at 8 at the point he was at like 20 something.

Brightman fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jan 25, 2019

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

0 rows returned posted:

I don't think saving has any bearing on the ranking. I saved like 52 times because I obsessively save and ended up using a bunch of first aid sprays in the final battle and ended up with a B ranking. I think time is the only factor.

It used to be a factor, first aid sprays to, so I guess that's one of the many, many changes. Good to know. I think saves might be on Hardcore now or you're limited anyway.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Phantasium posted:

The best thing Matt's done since the breakup was that cereal video, tbh.

And the best part of that was Liam showing up. They did that Bloodborne stream too, they should do more stuff together but probably won't with much frequency.

I watch a decent amount of Pat's streams, well, I watch it for certain games that aren't super long, like I pass on the rpgs, but like I watched is RE2 stuff off and on (was busy playing it myself). Recently watched through some of Liam's stuff, like the whole Nier Automata LP, dunno if I'd say he's better than Pat, it's more that he's just different. Woolie's streams vary, I really haven't watched many of those, mostly just highlight clips, but he's turning out enough regular LP material that I think it's okay, the ZoE2 LP got better the last few episodes actually, in between sessions Billy picked up the game and blasted through it twice so now he knows stuff that "Fake-Fan" Woolie completely forgot about.

Haven't been able to get into any of Matt's stuff, been going through TBFP archives and watching stuff from that I never saw.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Dias posted:

I guess Rural was a better qualifier than Midwestern there.

If you had just said rural that would've been even more off since there's a bunch of metro areas (yeah, mostly in the midwest) where having a car is the norm.

Tae posted:

Paige added nothing last time (Also she doesn't really play games or keep up with news), Plague is basically the worst of Matt and Pat at full power

I'll admit I only watched a few of her streams a long while ago but what does Paige do if she's not playing games for a living?

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.
That podcast was long enough to almost be equivalent to their old LP output for a week lengthwise.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I wish they live streamed back when Nier Automata was announced for the first time because seeing him respond in real time would be so cool

Like, I think one of my favorite livestream moments was when they livestreamed last year's E3 and when the DMC trailer started and they saw "Capcom" appear on screen they all visibly sat up in their chairs with raised eyebrows

I really love reaction videos to poo poo like that, Pat reacting to MHW and RE2 is pretty good too, they all got hyped for the SotC remake. I forget if there's one for the FF7 remake followed shortly by Shenmue 3 for them, the Game Trailers video of that was a bit over the top in an amusing way.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

hubris.height posted:

can you explain the path this tall tale took to go from reality to exageration and fables?

I wonder if it maybe did happen and was the result of someone not doing their job, or perhaps it happened a long time ago and the difference in tech would make it possible. Not sure why it'd be impossible, like people waking up mid surgery is a thing, but I'm not a doctor so best guess is that sorta thing is limited to certain surgeries or maybe it's always human error related.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

hoobajoo posted:

My understanding is people waking up during long surgeries isn't uncommon, but if the anaesthesiologist is doing their job the patient won't be awake long enough to remember. I'm sure there are people who get PTSD from waking up mid-surgery and remembering it, but you don't just like, die of fright, that sounds like an urban legend crossed with Patbrain.

Yeah that's what I had heard, like most of the time no one remembers it, I had also heard some people will remember it in dreams sometimes. I think Pat might've been making the jump that if you're in for heart surgery, something extra scary like that might cause a heart attack, but yeah, that sounds more like an urban legend.

I've been going through the Mario Odyssey LP that Matt and Woolie did, had been putting it off because I generally don't like watching LPs of things I intend to play but I got a Switch and poo poo with my tax return so I've been going through that as I go through the game. The beach level's boss is a big octopus with an orange mustache and hair who's bald and they realized it looked like Pat and riffed on him for a decent bit. Good times.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Grouchio posted:

If Pat refuses to stream Sekiro I will once again unsubscribe from SuperBunnyHop.

And from him.

He'll probably stream it himself, he's just refusing to do an LP of it with Woolie to continue the soulsborn series of LPs they've done or whatever.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.
At least it was on a Sunday when there's barely any other updates going on. "Worst" part was I binged it, highlights included them making fun of Mihn's "humor" and Crazy Talk causing Pat to lose a bet.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Grouchio posted:

Pat and Woolie both played Sekiro for nearly 8 hours straight. :eyepop:

It's really fun despite being a punch in the dick a lot of the time, if I didn't need to be at work in the morning I probably would've done the same.

I wonder if Woolie will ever finish the re2 remake. They finished the recording for dmc5 but now there's this and schedule conflicts to work around.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Phantasium posted:

I figure he's just waiting until he's done uploading parts from the two giant streams he did on Youtube.

From what they've said on the podcast it seems like it's just conflicts of one nature or another, but that makes sense too.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.
The podcast was super amusing to watch since they started talking about Stadia and how latency and lag would obviously be an issue, all while twitch was having some issue that made their stream lag horribly due to latency and the entire chat was bitching about it the whole time. Cause the VOD to be off as well, the video on youtube about Sekiro has the audio delayed by over 4 and a half minutes.

Supersonic Shine posted:

In the latest episode of Woolie VS Devil May Cry 5, Woolie stares into Dante’s movelist, and Dante’s movelist stares back into him.

It's episodes like that that really make the 20 minute thing suck rear end, wasn't bad when they did the binge release (unless you hated that it was a binge release), but I really wish they'd just edit the episode length based on content for whatever makes sense. Like have them be anywhere from 15 to 45 minutes so long as it makes sense content wise and it's not an anemic episode that's mostly menus and training. Granted I haven't seen this specific episode yet, and it is amusing to hear woolie get excited about all the new poo poo in the game, so it might be fine in this case. I still think it'd be better in general if he adjusted the episode lengths in line with what happens while still shooting for 20 minutes on average.

edit: vv good to hear.

Brightman fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Mar 27, 2019

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.
Also the podcast seems fine in that regard as well.

Meanwhile Matt put out a video on Ape Out which I also like. He seemed to have fun making the video too.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.
Listening to the podcast, got to the part where Pat had to stall for time...guys, I'm worried about Pat.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Nalesh posted:

He gets confused by basic directions, his life is hardmode.

Was watching his second Sekiro stream last night and he said something like "okay, I should've gone left there" when he had and he should've gone right. Guessing everyone else is going off the youtube videos, like he figures combat out and it starts clicking but at the rate those videos come out it's gonna be a decent while.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Your Parents posted:

Directional dyslexia is a specific issue with Woolie. He can navigate normally for the most part but has issues with left and right.

Hence the usage of Port and Starboard but he was acting like he had overcome it for a bit there I think. I feel like it would be easier to do while playing games since you're holding an example in your hand unless you get left/right trigger/stick mixed up all the time, idk.

I have no problem with directions and generally map out whole areas in my brain, if the map is super large it can take a while though and I usually rely on waypoints and poo poo (like in GTA5 for example), but I have some friends that have Aphantasia (can't think in pictures at all) and they simple cannot do that at all.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Viridiant posted:

Huh, I didn't realize this was a thing. Maybe it's regional? I live in Seattle and whenever I go out it's with friends, and restaurants never seem to have a problem splitting the bill.

Same, I've live in the Midwest and every place I go to asks first if we want a split check or not, on the rare occasion a server doesn't it's not a problem. I think I've had like maybe 3 servers act like it was a hassle and they weren't very good at their jobs in general.

Barent posted:

What was Pat talking about with not sending food back if it has hair in it or some poo poo? Does he just think you should just eat it? What the hell

Yeah, he said you should just eat it. I can understand this to an extent, but if there's a loving hair in your food, gently caress that noise. It sounded like Paige had also tried sending stuff back because she merely didn't like it which, yeah, seems outlandish to me.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

god Fallout 76 ad-reads in hindsight are hilarious

Those were great because you could tell they knew but couldn't talk poo poo until the game was out and bombed horribly. Like I could almost feel Pat getting giddy with anticipation as its release approached.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.
The update in the article confirms that, Martin made a blog post disputing the claim saying book 6 isn't done and he won't start 7 until the next one's done.

If he doesn't die maybe I can get the last book as a retirement gift.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.
I had been disagreeing with Woolie about GoT being the gigabotch thinking that title still belongs to Dexter, granted he hasn't seen that, but I have recently come around since Dexter was on a fairly steady decline for more seasons than GoT's decline and then just tanked on the last episode, hard. GoT's botch started much later relatively speaking and seems to be in a downward spiral still, could the last episode save it? It's possible, super duper implausible, but possible.

Also the "numbers go up" joke wasn't funny anymore, but the reactions to it have made it funny again.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

scary ghost dog posted:

dexter was an amazing piece of trash......a pretty good first season, two seasons of garbage, a pretty good fourth season, and then three seasons where every episode was worse than any previous episode. there was no reason to expect a good finale but there was still hope for some kind of conclusion, but instead of “dexter gets arrested” or “dexter gets killed” or even “dexter keeps killing/stops killing/kills more/kills less” we got “dexter goes somewhere else and might be killing or maybe stopped, who can say? not us”

It did this thing where the first episode of each later season seemed good and hopeful then the season would quickly decline to mediocrity. The last episode also had that bullshit with the hurricane that had the same name as his mommy amongst other things.

One of the worst bits was it was on at the same time as the last season of Breaking Bad so the contrast intensified all of that.

Edit: Checking some poo poo and I super forgot that Dexter was also 8 seasons and also the declines, at least user ratings wise, are about the same so now I'm not sure...GoT has higher highs later on and Dexter is fairly meh, both are pretty stuck around an 8.5~9 average...hell Dexter has 12 episodes each season so it's actually longer, but clearly more forgettable.

Brightman fucked around with this message at 22:01 on May 14, 2019

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Captain Baal posted:

I keep forgetting Dexter was airing alongside Breaking Bad, why does it always feel like dexter ended before it

IIRC its series finale was an episode before Breaking Bad's so that's technically true. Yeah, checked and Dexter ended a week early, but it really ended years prior to that, in our hearts :v:

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Captain Baal posted:

All of Dexter is on netflix god bless

My, and I think everyone's recommendation, is watch the first 4 seasons, maybe skip the third if you don't like it, I didn't think it was that bad yet, then just idk, purposely hate watch it or read/watch summaries of the rest.

Also I found the site, well I think this is a different one as it looks worse than I remember, that has graphs of the imdb ratings for shows. Here's Dexter's and here's Game of Thrones. They're quite similar but yeah, this last season of GoT is indeed tanking harder overall, if the finale isn't great this is indeed going to be a turbo-botch or whatever. Admittedly imdb user ratings aren't the best metric but it's what's readily available.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Captain Baal posted:

I'll watch all of Dexter, if I watch a show I watch all of it idc how awful it is I think there's something to be said for watching or reading something from start to finish no matter how bad something gets.
:same:

Sham bam bamina! posted:

It's called mental illness.

This was touched on in the Dexter thread at the time, it's lost cost fallacy.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.
I think the safe bet is they'll all just do reaction videos on their streams except Matt since he barely does that kinda thing. I'll hope for a team-up of some sort but I'm not holding my breath.

I usually just watch e3 stuff on my own and if there's any standouts I'll go find the reactions to it. The first FF7 remake announcement followed shortly by Shenmue 3 is a pretty good one, so is MHW, DMC5, and REmake2. Pretty much any game that wasn't expected at all and has crazy fans will have great reaction videos where people flip out. It's also pretty fun to watch people find out wtf Devolver Digital's show is like.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Pat was 100% correct about GRRM/creators

Somewhat, the notion of giving back the money for something that wasn't pre-paid made no sense though. GRRM should give back his money? What? You and everyone else got those books, to my knowledge there aren't Winds of Winter pre-orders at stake here or some poo poo. Like yeah, we can call him a lying jerk I guess, especially if you dig into it more and he kept saying he was close to finishing it going back to I think 2013~2015. Also the show was supposedly greenlit on the premise that of course he'd finish the books before the show caught up, it'd be "insane" to think he wouldn't. Another thing GRRM has said in the past, I think wrt the possibility of him dying before finishing the books, is that a possible ending for the story is that the comet crashes into the world and kills everyone, like if he dies that's the canon ending.

Also from the podcast, I don't think it's as necessary to write off Westworld season 3 as Woolie seems to think. Unlike GoT, season 2 wasn't their last season, they get to try and improve based on the criticism and potentially make a good season this time. It's probably unlikely, but I sorta feel like the disappointment he felt over GoT has made him super cynical, even though he was hardcore sandbagging WW season 2 at the time, it seems like any potential for a benefit of the doubt on this is now dead. Shows can have a bad season and be good again.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

He admitted that it would be impractical and impossible to refund everyone but also did you even listen to the podcast cause he addressed these things

I did, and he didn't, asides from the first thing you said, but I'm saying the mere notion that someone is owed an impractical/impossible refund is nonsensical. He didn't mention those things specifically and I was just agreeing with him that viewing grrm as a liar is applicable and provided additional points to back that up.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

am i taking crazy pills or are you loving nuts, Pat was 100% right and AGAIN he wasn't actually demanding a refund, he was saying that would be the right thing to do

It's not the right thing to do, a refund for what? The books you already have and read? The fallacy is Pat thinks those books have no value if there's no ending and that's not true. His examples of like if he asked viewers for money for a european ps2 and game and then he didn't finish it made sense, yeah, give them their money back, but that's not what's going on with ASoIaF, maybe on the publisher side if there were advances but that'll work itself out if it comes to it.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Dias posted:

Oh man, the Baba is You Woolie is Streaming is Painful

gently caress yeah, I was hoping one of them would play this.

Archenteron posted:

"What if everything becomes a key, and then I make the keys both open and close and the contradiction makes them cease to exist"

I love Baba is You for letting people go full Galaxy Brain and still succeed

Some of the crazy bullshit the game either forces you to do or allows you to do is amazing. Big recommend to anyone who's not on Paige's level.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.
Watched Woolie play Baba is You on the twitch vod before noticing he had it up on YouTube and edited. Having watched several other streamers play the game he actually does exceptionally well in the initial area and on some puzzles that trip others up but when he hits a wall it's like the prime example of when he gets some incorrect assumption about a game in his head and can't let go of it and honestly I wonder if Paige would've done those puzzles faster, possibly on accident. Puzzles have several solutions, especially near the beginning, so that helps prevent someone getting completely stuck, unfortunately this helped reinforce some of Woolie's bad assumptions cause he could pass a level by going the super long way.

Tips for Baba is You: the only intrinsic rule is pushing words (doors aren't always shut, flag doesn't have to be win, baba doesn't have to be the one who wins, etc); the game doesn't contradict itself between levels, Woolie misunderstood a few things and seems to think this is the case; the game does a pretty good job of teaching you how things work if you pay attention, I suspect LP-tax often causes streamers to miss things.

Later on it gets much harder and I frequently put the game down for a few days and come back to it (sometimes drunk) and then solve the puzzle in a few minutes. It's also a big help to have someone else in the room to talk poo poo out with, it's been a decent couples game reportedly.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Tae posted:

Paige is doing Baba is You

You know how she easily crushed portal? Oh you don't? uh oh

It's 4+ hours and exactly what you'd think (at least from the bit I've watched) but with the added amusement that she will often say a level's solution out loud and then not do it and get distracted trying to do something else.

Edit: the tutorial levels took her about 50 minutes.

Brightman fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jun 18, 2019

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Bonaventure posted:

venting some frustrations about being the butt of so many jokes when SBF was still active / complaining about people still using those jokes

You can only roll with the punches for so long, but maybe woolie the pie stealing liar never did.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Kay Kessler posted:

Here's Woolie getting basic facts about one of his favorite series wrong again.

https://clips.twitch.tv/RockyAgreeableBulgogiFreakinStinkin

At least he has an appropriate suit on I guess.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Tae posted:

Pat: Dan Rykert is the dumbest mother fucker alive

https://twitter.com/AngriestPat/status/1163166235439390720

Dan Ryckert thought egg shells were egg whites and if he cooked them long enough they'd just melt or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

MonsterEnvy posted:

He also did not know that Pirates stole things.

Or that Metal Gear Solid is both political and anime as gently caress. Dan doesn't/didn't know a lot of things and they're all pretty hilarious. I'm not saying Pat isn't also dumb btw, I just thought people should know that Dan tried to cook egg shells in a pan, and then called his mother when it wasn't working iirc.

This bumblebee thing sounds like one of those misconceptions Pat either thought up as a kid or was told as a kid and just never questioned nor had any reason to bring it up until now. Also yeah, he has OCD issues for real but that's not this, it might explain the dishes and the toilet paper but yeah.