Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HappyKitty

I did an Icelandic accent in one of the dramatic readings I did in that other thread; I also like various regional accents from around the Anglosphere.

What accents can you do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

é

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Canadian and northeastern Wisconsin, eh

Twenty Four

I only know how to do accents when it comes to music. I would share but I haven't been able to find my Sure SM57 in a while...

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

A public school west end accent, a decent Kerry accent, my mother's Ukrainian accent, my usual hosed up Rez accent, a Midwestern American fully enunciated accent and my drawl that I usually hide unless I'm real drat tired.

HappyKitty

I was compelled to do this

https://vocaroo.com/i/s0i8UyBfkZFe

Macnult

lol that’s really good

Mummy Napkin
ello guvna

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
You can do any accent while posting if you type *in borat voice*

alnilam

Macnult posted:

lol that’s really good

ty manifisto

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Twenty Four

lol

alnilam

https://youtu.be/-x068o6Wtw4

twoday

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Generic 80's villain European

DISCLAIMER: THIS POST DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE
The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained within this post are for informational purposes only. No material in this post is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read in this post or the replies to this post.

alnilam

when I speak german apparently i sound dutcg, and when i speak spanish apparently i sound brasilian or portuguese

ty manifisto

twoday

I prefer the secondary languages of Europe. Not German, French, English, or Spanish, but the other ones

A Portugese accent is nice, to my ears it sounds like they are inserting all kinds of vowels I don't expect into the middle of familiar words

The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained within this post are for informational purposes only. No material in this post is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read in this post or the replies to this post.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Pour in the beans, da

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion
Can anyone do a racist accent

bird.

i don't do accents necessarily but i have a bunch of puppets with voices and personalities that i use to "solve mysteries" with my daughter. there's five of them. i guess one of them has a swedish accent and one of them has a russian accent (even though he's a french puppet but i can't do a french accent so i uhh, defaulted on russian and she doesn't know any better)

Paperboy

:shepface:
I got generic American noir villain, deep south, and a poor Brooklyn impression.

twoday

My standard accent is pretty weird, no matter where I go people ask me where I am from :shrug:

I like it tho

alnilam

I just watched The Final Sacrifice and I'm deeply confused about the boy's mom's accent. Is she an english performer trying to be canadian??

anyway no i don't think i can do her accent it's too complex

Robot Made of Meat

alnilam posted:

I just watched The Final Sacrifice and I'm deeply confused about the boy's mom's accent. Is she an english performer trying to be canadian??

anyway no i don't think i can do her accent it's too complex

She's his aunt.

That doesn't solve the mystery, but it's just true.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Robot Made of Meat

I used to know a guy who was pretty amazing. He traveled a lot, and had a lot of very interesting experiences and met a lot of amazing people.

But when he tried to recount his experiences, no matter where in the world the story took place, the accent he'd do sounded like a bad eastern Indian parody. Kind of like Apu. Didn't matter if the story in question took place in Ireland, Germany, or the middle-east -- the accent always sounded like Apu.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

google THIS

Robot Made of Meat posted:

I used to know a guy who was pretty amazing. He traveled a lot, and had a lot of very interesting experiences and met a lot of amazing people.

But when he tried to recount his experiences, no matter where in the world the story took place, the accent he'd do sounded like a bad eastern Indian parody. Kind of like Apu. Didn't matter if the story in question took place in Ireland, Germany, or the middle-east -- the accent always sounded like Apu.

f-...from the Simpsons?

HappyKitty

lmbo calrissian posted:

Yes, but I am not going to

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

lmbo calrissian posted:

inri

twoday

Crossposting from the gum thread

twoday fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Dec 28, 2018

HappyKitty

twoday posted:

Crossposting from the gum thread

You know I had to do it to em

https://vocaroo.com/i/s0BTcODrSjXw

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Nice public school tells, fancy Ulster-Connacht human

HappyKitty

Speaking of Irish* accents, I thought Leis an Lurgainn (as arranged by the Rankin Family) could use a baritone voice (sorry the quality is crappy - Vocaroo's compression really does a number on mp3s

https://vocaroo.com/i/s0RFm4W0WKTn

*The song is Irish, but the Rankin Family are singing in a more Scottish Gaelic accent

HappyKitty

hamjobs posted:

A public school west end accent, a decent Kerry accent, my mother's Ukrainian accent, my usual hosed up Rez accent, a Midwestern American fully enunciated accent and my drawl that I usually hide unless I'm real drat tired.

Yo hamjobs I know this is an older post but which res? Are you Canadian?

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

HappyKitty posted:

Yo hamjobs I know this is an older post but which res? Are you Canadian?

My dad is Muscogee Band Creek Nation; Oklahoma Rez down by Jay.

twoday

Not to pry too much, but can you speak any Creek? I've been trying to learn Lenape but it's a bit tricky because the last native speaker died a while back and it's not used much it seems, but while I was reading about native American languages I saw that Creek was widely spoken

Or perhaps I should ask the question that is more relevant to the thread, can you do a Creek accent? Is that your usual hosed up res one?

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

twoday posted:

Not to pry too much, but can you speak any Creek? I've been trying to learn Lenape but it's a bit tricky because the last native speaker died a while back and it's not used much it seems, but while I was reading about native American languages I saw that Creek was widely spoken

Or perhaps I should ask the question that is more relevant to the thread, can you do a Creek accent? Is that your usual hosed up res one?

Yeah, I'm fluent (it's one of my first languages) and my Creek accent is basically my hosed up Rez accent with less Creole thrown in. There are about 15,000 fluent Creek speakers and about 700 of those, it is their only language. There's 70,000 or so total speakers, conversationally or better.

Lenape is difficult to learn if you're coming from a western only language family. Do you speak any other languages? If you speak a similar language or something from a close family, you can learn via consonant/vowel shift charts, honestly. That's how I picked up most languages.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Like if you live around a lot of people who speak Ojibwe, it's related enough that you can learn both tbh.

Also ayoooo, what clan are you? We're wolf clan, but my cousins are bear clan and Wolf clan.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

twoday posted:

Also you're not from Bville are you?!?!

twoday

Wow, it’s pretty awesome to bump into one of 15,000 fluent speakers of a language I was reading about the other day.

I have had a weird life and moved around between many countries so I speak many languages, though they are mostly european (though I tried to learn a few Asian languages) and as I currently live in Europe I don’t think I have many speakers around me to learn from. I have been doing some lessons on websites and I just bought some books and audio lessons to do.

Not from Bville, and I’m not Native American so I’m not from any clan, though when I was looking up the origins of my family name I came to the conclusion that it is an old weird word for some kind of bird.

twoday

Maybe I should find a penpal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
someone should do Arthur Morgan