Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Skullfaced Bookseller Honda-san.

Because it was light and fun stuff.

Fawk that was Fall wasn't it? Sorry, baby time dilation in full effect :3:

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Mar 30, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

FilthyImp posted:

Skullfaced Bookseller Honda-san.

Because it was light and fun stuff.

Already on the list!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Wait where's the Spring thread? Season's starting on monday!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Grouchio posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3885473

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Grouchio posted:

It's stickied.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Let's see what I should catch up on.

Stuff I enjoyed: Kaguya, Mob, Kemurikusa, The Promised Neverland
Stuff I dropped: Slime S2
Stuff that is definitely on the list to watch at some point: Run With the Wind

Dororo seems to have been popular elsewhere, did anybody like it here?

Did Endro and Cat Roommate stay worthwhile? I remember people enjoying the first few episodes.

Was that airplane show by the GuP/Shirobako director any good? I've heard absolutely nothing about it one way or the other.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Agronox posted:

Let's see what I should catch up on.

Stuff I enjoyed: Kaguya, Mob, Kemurikusa, The Promised Neverland
Stuff I dropped: Slime S2
Stuff that is definitely on the list to watch at some point: Run With the Wind

Did Endro and Cat Roommate stay worthwhile? I remember people enjoying the first few episodes.

Was that airplane show by the GuP/Shirobako director any good? I've heard absolutely nothing about it one way or the other.

ANN's Nick Creamer thought it was messy but fun. He's a fan of Mizushima, which means that on one hand he's kind of biased, but on the other hand, he does get the dude's particular appeal.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Assuming you mean the Magnificent Kotobuki, i'm only on episode 4 but i'm enjoying it so far. It's not totally knocking my socks off or anything, but it's fun and i'm sticking with it.

e: i was wondering if i just missed a thread for it too, but looks like no one posted one.

I'm not sure about Endro, i'm on the 4th episode of that as well but have been stalled there for weeks.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i found kotokubi dull and shallow and the cgi fights while mildly impressive at first are lacking in personality and creativity

it misses what makes gup fun

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Agronox posted:

Admittedly while I was hyped for it, I decided to wait until the series finished it's run to hear how it handles things-if you're going into it with little to no expectations, it is pretty good, but having expectations based on the Manga or old anime may cloud your perception as to whether it is a good adaptation or not.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah that was sorta my question, Is Dororo actually good or is the aesthetic what's really doing it for a lot of people?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Dororo is fine, but its a very different take from the original manga. If all you care about is the class war aspect of it then you might be disappointed but I'm liking this version a lot aside from the sometimes very badly animated anime original stuff.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i haven't read the manga or anything and find it kinda whatever

it looks nice but is also an incredibly desaturated show so those things can be kinda in conflict. it takes a while for either lead to become terribly compelling, the monster designs are boring, and it has significant issues with pacing. stories that would be better with breathing room are heavily abbreviated while there's a frequent tendency to add redundant narration or dialogue that takes up time.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Endro and Cat were great. Dororo is okay. I dropped Kotobuki after a few episodes. It doesn't have nearly the charm GuP's goofy setting and characters did.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Cat Roommate stayed great the whole way through (though I think some of its charm might be lost if you arent a pet owner) and Endro! was fun enough that I tuned in almost every week.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Dororo is fine, but its a very different take from the original manga. If all you care about is the class war aspect of it then you might be disappointed but I'm liking this version a lot aside from the sometimes very badly animated anime original stuff.

The latest episode couldn't even do justice to it's own themes so the new one is a failure all around as far as I'm concerned

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Thematics aside the new Dororo is very boringly directed and undermines tension at every turn which is a bizarre choice for a show about demon hunting

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Speaking of shows about demon hunting the first season (kinda) of Gegege no Kitaro has ended and I enjoyed it.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Fangz posted:

Speaking of shows about demon hunting the first season (kinda) of Gegege no Kitaro has ended and I enjoyed it.

I'm annoyed that they gave Nekomusume her chibi design back when her previous one looked way better. :argh:

Show's good tho.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Thanks for the opinions everyone, looks like I should be watching at least two more series and give some others a 3-4 episode test.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Fangz posted:

Nice it's getting more episodes? I have to catch back up

Exia
Feb 12, 2014

Agronox posted:

I really enjoyed Kotobuki, it’s not “GuP, but with planes!” some people expected, but the dogfights were really cool and the characters were solid enough.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Spiritus Nox posted:

I'm annoyed that they gave Nekomusume her chibi design back when her previous one looked way better. :argh:

Show's good tho.

Yeah I get that, but I figured they didn't have much idea where to go with the character and I'm happy for some Now You Are the Nee-san dynamics with Mana. I'm sure they could go with a plot arc where Nekomusume gets an energy boost and grows back up or something in the future.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

Nice it's getting more episodes? I have to catch back up

Its getting another full year I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Furnaceface posted:

Cat Roommate stayed great the whole way through (though I think some of its charm might be lost if you arent a pet owner) and Endro! was fun enough that I tuned in almost every week.

Cat Roomate meant a lot to me even though I'm not a cat owner. It's ultimately a show about the importance of relationships, which I feel is pretty universal.