Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

It's two days before christmas which means I'm smoking on the special christmas weed that i set aside for the holiday season. Several years ago i noticed that it is often difficult to get weed around christmas, and i decided i would get some extra weed that i really liked and lay it up for the christmas season. Since i got a 8th just for christmas on top of my usually 1/2 oz that i keep for every day smoking i decided to bust open the christmas weed a little early.
Weed became legal in my state recently so it hasn't been hard to get... but the tradition lives on. The tradition of the christmas weed.

FAQ

q: Was there really a shortage of weed on christmas pasts?

a: Yes, in fact christmas of 2012 i found it almost impossible to get weed, and dealt with the unfortunate hardship of not having any weed on christmas.

q: What strain of weed is your christmas weed this year?

a: I have multiple types of weed right now including super glue, rug burn, and chemdawg. This years christmas weed is called purple nice guy which i'm not sure if it's a nationwide strain or just something people in the area have, but it's a good seemingly sativa dominant strain.

q: How should i ingest weed on christmas?

a: Well, assuming you've already opened all the gifts and enjoyed dinner, i would recommend eating a small edible (like 50 mg) and laying around in your pajamas playing video games, that's my christmas tradition and i have a small edible for this purpose, but i may also make a firecracker (christmas cracker) out of the weed i bought special for christmas and enjoy that instead.

q: What if weed is illegal in my state?

a: I would say you should definitely smoke that poo poo anyways. It's christmas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

reserved...

Cephalectomy
Jun 8, 2007
hell yeah blaze up for jesus' birthday party

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Every time you smoke up, baby Jesus cries.

The Cockler
Mar 31, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
u guys ever notice how weed looks like little christmas trees??

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
:yikes:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Both are very flammable and likely to ruin your life if they go up in flames, yes.

Shamino
Mar 14, 2008

I am weary of loitering about Britain. There is much we could be accomplishing! Where hast thou been, anyway?
50mg edible is a heroic dose

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

like every single edible you can buy at a dispensary is 100 mg. Eating half one of those isn't heroic.

The Cockler
Mar 31, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Colonel Cancer posted:

Both are very flammable and likely to ruin your life if they go up in flames, yes.

no dude it looks like little trees, like broccoli but more realistic

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Goddamn I wish Ontario had a less dumbfuck approach to selling that government weed.

Shamino
Mar 14, 2008

I am weary of loitering about Britain. There is much we could be accomplishing! Where hast thou been, anyway?

Hell Yeah posted:

like every single edible you can buy at a dispensary is 100 mg. Eating half one of those isn't heroic.

10mg will put a normal human into weed zone Omega. 100mg will send you to the spirit realm unless you smoke every day.

You aren't supposed to eat the entire edible in one shot.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

It depends on the strain too. If it's something CBD heavy with 10% thc or less, 40-50mg is nothing really.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Shamino posted:

10mg will put a normal human into weed zone Omega. 100mg will send you to the spirit realm unless you smoke every day.

You aren't supposed to eat the entire edible in one shot.

if you're a small baby 10 mg will get you high.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
My fave Xmas strains are swamp donkey, Mongolian chemtrail, general tso's kush, vin diesel,,,

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Hell Yeah posted:

q: What if weed is illegal in my state?

a: I’m sorry you live in a lovely state.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

I was gonna pick up some sour diesel but then I got high on life.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

space queen is a good name for a strain of weeds

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

SCROTO TURBOSPERG posted:

space queen is a good name for a strain of weeds

the entire practice of naming strains then acting like the weed a person gets in their bag will have the particular effects of that strain is useless imo because of the nature of the supply side of the market being underground, but i agree space queen is a fine name.

The Cockler
Mar 31, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Hell Yeah posted:

the entire practice of naming strains then acting like the weed a person gets in their bag will have the particular effects of that strain is useless imo because of the nature of the supply side of the market being underground, but i agree space queen is a fine name.

i hung around a succesful pot dealer for like five years and every time he got a new batch in he'd be like "WHAT SHOULD WE CALL THIS ONE" and we'd sit around for awhile shouting and just make up some dumb poo poo, white people go absolutely loving nuts for branding

ArchNemesis
Jun 27, 2007
College Slice
remember when everyone was obsessed with guitar hero and you'd have to play at least 2 or 3 songs just to pick up a quarter

glad I live i a legal state now

Eggenraged
Jun 21, 2011
I've had no luck with consistency in edibles in the past.

I've had ones I had to eat 70-80mg to feel anything. Ones where 10 mg was more than enough. These were all from a dispensary as well (CO, OR, and AZ). The CO ones sucked. Does THC in edibles tend to degrade quicker?

I gave up on them and decided vaping/smoking is just the way to go for me. Unfortunately can't for Christmas as I need to be clean for drug tests as I look for a new job. Cheers to those that can!

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
got a concentrate pen loaded and ready to go this year

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast
This year, not that I have about 3 grams stashed for the days when nobody lives, but also my weed person is DJing at the party tomorrow. I call it the Jamaican Doublebluff.

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast

The Cockler posted:

u guys ever notice how weed looks like little christmas trees??

The purple ones are neat. With little sprinkles of THC. MMmmmmm

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
Hi OP. My state recently legalized weed as well. I hope you enjoy your special Christmas weed. My special Christmas weed this year is buddha tahoe og and silver haze and I hope to enjoy mine starting in ten minutes. Peace and blessings upon you, Hell Yeah

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
Id make edibles but every time I make an ungodly gently caress up out of them and I feel like a failure.
Last time I messed up brownies. How the gently caress is that even possible?

Also. gently caress all the stupid rear end equipment required to make edibles. I don't ever have that stuff in my house.

I'd rather just smoke or put abv in capsules.

Anyway op I have a few grams left over. No special Xmas weed. Just the usual stash that'll last me a few weeks more.

Too bad I'm working xmas day. :nyoron:

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Bloodplay it again posted:

Hi OP. My state recently legalized weed as well. I hope you enjoy your special Christmas weed. My special Christmas weed this year is buddha tahoe og and silver haze and I hope to enjoy mine starting in ten minutes. Peace and blessings upon you, Hell Yeah

Seasons greetings my friend.

Fancy_Breakfast posted:

Id make edibles but every time I make an ungodly gently caress up out of them and I feel like a failure.
Last time I messed up brownies. How the gently caress is that even possible?

Also. gently caress all the stupid rear end equipment required to make edibles. I don't ever have that stuff in my house.

I'd rather just smoke or put abv in capsules.

Anyway op I have a few grams left over. No special Xmas weed. Just the usual stash that'll last me a few weeks more.

Too bad I'm working xmas day. :nyoron:

baking is not the easiest thing, i've seen a lot of ppl mess it up. don't get discouraged, if you like edibles it is very rewarding to make them yourself.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Smoke extra weed for the holidays, hell, you've earned it!

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

ive got this cheap weed that apparently counts as mids in 2018 and it's insanely good, probably better than anything i ever smoked before 2008, just the buds are small

what a time to be alive

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i approve of christmas mids because in 2018 that's truly special.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Boil water, add two sticks of butter, add a bunch of herb, cook for a bit, strain, stick in fridge, poke hole and drain, make cookies with butter. It's foolproof.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

revmoo posted:

Boil water, add two sticks of butter, add a bunch of herb, cook for a bit, strain, stick in fridge, poke hole and drain, make cookies with butter. It's foolproof.

in india where they've got a cultural tradition of edibles they typically boil the weed alone, discard the water, then cook it in fat/milk to make the flavor as neutral as possible. this way you don't have to wait for it to harden

Free Cheese
Sep 16, 2005
Come on, it's free
Buglord
The wise men saw a radiant green light illuminating the manger. Quickly they approached, carrying the gifts they had brought from the far reaches of the universe. The first had delicious foods enriched with the heavenly flower. The second wise man, hempen sacks filled of the dankest of herbes. The final wise man, aged and frail, showered the baby in oils and tinctures. Away they went into the night, in search of white castles

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

It's me, I'm the delicate flower that drives the market for 2mg edibles. I had three little 2mg sweettarts a couple hours ago and I'm barely able to write this post.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

2 mg edible lol what is this weed for ants??

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
what about christmas acid and weed :2bong:

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

:hfive: bruvs be4 luvs
I'm broken, I can barely feel 100 mg. I never eat them, its always disappointing.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i'm high on weed on christmas eve morning, merry christmas to all and to all a happy new year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i have a bag of these in my fridge OP