Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the 2019 World Junior Championship
This poll is closed.
:canada: 19 46.34%
:911: 7 17.07%
:sweden: 1 2.44%
:finland: 5 12.20%
:ussr: 0 0%
:denmark: 2 4.88%
Slovakia 0 0%
Switzerland 0 0%
Czech Republic 1 2.44%
Kazakhstan 6 14.63%
Total: 41 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kale
May 14, 2010

Even I have to admit Canada going all 14-0 on a Denmark is some super villain tier stuff. Like bad guy team in Mighty Ducks even. Canada doesn't seem to face a realistic challenge in this pool outside of Russia on the 31st I've noticed as well. Also Mikey DiPietro sounds like the name of a Sopranos character.

Kale fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Dec 27, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

The 3 Keys for US success against Kazakhstan NHL.com article just seems condescending somehow. Like gee I wonder who is going to possibly win that game and by what margin of no less than 5 goals exactly.

Kale
May 14, 2010

68 to 13 shots holy loving poo poo :stare:

Jamwad Hilder posted:

lol samuelsson killed that kazakh kid

At first I read this as Ulf Samuelsson killed that Kazakh kid and was like "yeah probably...."

Kale fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Dec 29, 2018

Kale
May 14, 2010

Kilza posted:

2 goals with less than a minute to go to tie it. dang

Swedes did their best Jacques Martin era Habs on that one.

Kale
May 14, 2010

I love how Canada either still just chokes in the quarters or wins the whole tournament without losing a single game. No intermediary result. Losing to Finland in OT in a low scoring game isn't too bad, but I can't say I had expected it to be them either. If they were going to get bounced by anyone I would have figured it to be Sweden, USA or Russia in that order of likeliest to least likely. They also haven't been by far and away the best team in the Juniors in years (lately I'd say Sweden seems to bring the strongest looking teams on paper), it's so much more even between the top 4 these days.

Anyway considering Sweden also got bounced early says a lot about the state of this tournament and how any team has a realistic chance of beating any team now unless they're Kazakhstan or Denmark. United States had some close games against Slovakia and Czech Republic too.

Kale fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jan 4, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

This guy needs to coach Switzerland and give interviews forever now sorry. The Canadian hockey establishment must loving hate him for not just speaking in cliches