Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the 2019 World Junior Championship
This poll is closed.
:canada: 19 46.34%
:911: 7 17.07%
:sweden: 1 2.44%
:finland: 5 12.20%
:ussr: 0 0%
:denmark: 2 4.88%
Slovakia 0 0%
Switzerland 0 0%
Czech Republic 1 2.44%
Kazakhstan 6 14.63%
Total: 41 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity
Finland has rarely won against Canada on any level as comprehensively and convinxingly as just in the pretournament game. Whether that moves on at all to the real tournament will be seen and this might help Canada a lot more in the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity

Wippersnapper posted:

Can they just institute a 6 team World Junior* format already? I mean I get having more games and giving everyone a chance but what's the point?

* Also Olympics and World Championships.

Large disagreement. The tournaments are in some ways too big, but almost every year has seen surprising results in all the levels you mentioned. Like how germany beat sweden 2018 olympics, and switzerland beat finland in wc 2018.

Also six is far too low, assuming the obvious teams it would exclude switzerland and slovakia, and there has to be room for a few teams move up and down the ranks. 10 or 12 minimum. I do agree 16 in whc is too much.