Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Brut posted:

You missed some cool prelims and early prelims too, there wasn't a single bad fight.

yeah it has been cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me
for my terrible post history...

Eat This Glob posted:

nunes was a bolsonaro backer despite being gay and bolsonaro wanting to eradicate LGBTQ folks

cool now I can't just enjoy the fight.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

rest his guts posted:

cool now I can't just enjoy the fight.

sorry :(

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Jon Jones Fuckup Thread Never Die

cams
Mar 28, 2003

cancel culture is weak to eye pokes

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Shumagorath posted:

Jon Jones Fuckup Thread Never Die

Did they find someone who’s name sounds similar to the departing champ?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Whoa how did this thread not get to the archives :lol:

I am waiting to see JBJ locked in the cage before I believe this will happen.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

kensei posted:

Whoa how did this thread not get to the archives :lol:

Looking at the archives dropdown the latest year there is 2015, I don't think things are getting archived at the pace they used to anymore (or at all?).

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

jon jones is an infinite content creation machine - he will provide at least ten more pages at some point leading up to, during or after this fight

death, taxes and jon jones fuckin' up are all three of life's certainties

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Jan 15, 2023

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Brut posted:

Looking at the archives dropdown the latest year there is 2015, I don't think things are getting archived at the pace they used to anymore (or at all?).

Interesting. Wonder if new leader knows.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

kensei posted:

Interesting. Wonder if new leader knows.

If I'm understanding it right the original purpose of the archives existence was because if the main forum database got too big it became unstable, forums seem pretty stable these days so I just don't think it's an issue anymore, astral over at the TECH forum would be able to tell you more if you're curious (including telling you if I'm wrong about any of the details)

Speaking of developers, I wonder what @jonjones is up to.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dana White deflecting criticism in the most Dana white way possible.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Jon Jones is ducking Ngannou

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Shumagorath posted:

drat autocorrect

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

jesus WEP posted:

drat autocorrect

lol

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

jesus WEP posted:

drat autocorrect

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

drat autocorrect

lol

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Shumagorath posted:

Agreed, but

jesus WEP posted:

drat autocorrect

loving lol

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
Speaking of Ngannou, is he still insisting on getting paid by crypto or whatever it was that he wanted?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

That was probably more of a “ufc is pushing this poo poo” thing than driven by individual choices. There were a number of people in that time getting the same.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

jesus WEP posted:

drat autocorrect

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

drat autocorrect

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i can't believe this fuckin guy, hours from the fight

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

loving jon jones

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

JOHN CENA posted:

i can't believe this fuckin guy, hours from the fight

Link?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Well I can't find anything at all about this anywhere so at this point I'm gonna assume we're being trolled, so instead here's this:

https://twitter.com/jonjones/status/1631367157127979009

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
He leant his phone to Sam Bankman-Fried and is now an accessory to dozens of counts of white-collar fraud.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

got my refund. Jon Jones has hosed me again.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Francis Ngannou posted:

hey maybe you could get fighters some health care and insurance coverage? Heck, I'll even take less money as a sign of my loyalty to the company and the sport.

(FIGHTER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Jon Jones posted:

So I did some steroids, told a fighter I was going to kill him on a hot mic, got an event cancelled, have multiple DUIs, ran from a car crash but came back to get my drugs and haven't fought for three years.

(FIGHTER WAS GIVEN A TITLE SHOT FOR THIS POST)

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Jon Jones

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

jon fuckin jones dude

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Please only bump this topic when misfortune strikes him.

We don't need to be reminded he doesn't get his due comeuppance often.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://i.imgur.com/zPbtP3D.mp4

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

https://abqraw.com/post/ufc-star-jon-jones-threatens-to-kill-drug-tester-apd-responds/

quote:

Albuquerque –

The Albuquerque Police Department responded to a call, after a person working for a drug testing agency was trying to obtain a drug test from UFC fighter Jon Jones. The UFC has a drug testing program called Drug Free Sport International and it is in charge of the collection process. For several years the UFC partnered with USADA however last year the UFC cut ties with them and started contracting with Drug Free Sport International instead.

Sources who are not authorized to speak to the media said the drug tester noticed Jones appeared extremely intoxicated and threatened to kill the tester. Jones at one point even snagged the drug testers cell phone. The incident happened at the end of the March however the tester went to a location nearby Jones home today to report the incident. A court record search did not produce any criminal summons or charges related to this incident as of today.

The tester met with officers at another location in far northeast Albuquerque. APD is currently investigating the alleged criminal act.

Jones is no stranger to the long arm of the law. He has faced a few criminal cases in New Mexico, New York where he is from and also Nevada where the UFC star most often fights.

Jones is a long time UFC champion who currently fights in the heavyweight division and is the current champion. He was expected to defend his heavyweight title later this year. Jones was supposed to fight Stipe Miocic last year but got injured during training.

We will be following this story as it develops.

jon jones

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:wow:

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

The Snowball King Has Returned..

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

This man simply cannot be surpassed.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

jon jones

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

They literally tossed out USADA to put in fake testing so their fighters could juice up as much as they want and he STILL managed to gently caress it all up :lol:

This was DEFINITELY worth burning all bridges with Francis Ngannou over!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Joey McChrist posted:

The Snowball King Has Returned..