Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon
Free Solo taught me that some people are loving crazy.

Good stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon
Dr. Sleep was pretty good. A weird combo of superhero movie meets horror. It was way too blatant with the whole "THIS IS THE SHINING 2" bit but other than that I enjoyed it.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon
Speaking of Swedish movies I rewatched Smala Sussie today and god drat it's a good weird as hell movie and you should see it.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon
Just saw Ava.

I liked it. Some good action and rooted for the antagonist which is always fun although I'm not sure if it's just because I like the actor.

The final fight between Simon and Ava was great just in the way that they both got obviously exhausted

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon
Minari

Good movie overall but what the gently caress it didn't end. It just stopped.

Also weird seeing the young guy from walking dead being the grown up dad

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon
I saw Red Dot and for not being a fan of horror it was pretty good. Had a pretty neat idea for the story

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon
Fighting with Family was great. I'm the kind of person who loves wrestling in theory but never really watch it and this was perfect for me.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon
Riders of Justice was really good.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon
Pig
I was expecting this to be a John Wick killing spree but with Nicholas Cage loving a pig. Turned out to be pretty heartwarming story about a former chef who realized what's important in life. Surprisingly really good imo.

Wrath of Man
Surprisingly the worst thing in this Guy Richie movie was the banter. After the first part with all the lol women lol gay jokes it turned into a good heist/revenge movie. More like what I expected Pig to be than Pig was actually. Also good though!

Gunpowder Milkshake
It had beautiful colors and the story was good for what it was, which felt like a reason to have nice neon lights and badass fights. Liked this one too a lot! Had a good day watching movies today

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon

Jenny Agutter posted:

Watched The Matrix: Resurrections (2021) on HBO max. Kinda feel like it's quality was summed up perfectly with the ratm cover band over he credits, an effortful attempt to recreate the original but lacking the style and edge that made the former successful. And boy did the dialogue stink

I paid money to see this in a theatre and it's the most wasted money I've ever spent. The action was poo poo, the story was poo poo, the making fun of remakes was weird as hell because it still seemed like a massive cash grab in the second half and it all fell flat.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon
The Batman (spoiled because it's really new) was super weird to me because most of it I was annoyed at how bad they did a lot of things and then at the end they made all the bad stuff make sense. I think I'm gonna rewatch it in a new light when it's out of theatres. Like their portrayal of the Riddler was terrible imo for most of the movie but at the end it felt as if that was a portrayal by the riddler so create his following and not who he really was and in that light it was cool.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon
Dr. Strangelove: First of all holy poo poo it's so good.

Apparently Megadeth named their band after a sign in it and that's super cool. It was also funny as hell.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon
Studio 666 was an amazing comedy set in a horror movie

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon
I saw Seven Samurai yesterday and it was okay I guess. Way too long, the action was terrible and there was a lot of just watching 20 people poking sticks in the mud around someone until they died.

The ending shots with the three survivors standing in front of the 4 mounds on the hill was beautiful though and it did manage to make me care when some good characters died so it got some characterization in there that was decent. The recruitment part of the movie was pretty good overall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon
Your name. (2016) was fantastic. A different take on body swap, beautifully animated and they managed to pull off what they wanted to do brilliantly. I don't wanna spoil it so that's all I'll say, 9/10.