Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Berates parent for giving kid socks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Starts a fight with one of the guests.

My mother actually did this last Friday. Had to get her out of there.

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high
*drives home in a station wagon filled with children*

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Is the happiest person in the house and will tell the family dog how much he loves it for 15 minutes while the dog blankly states at the dinner leftovers on the kitchen tile

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Oh god I’m the drunk relative

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
We dont drink at christmas OP

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

serious norman posted:

We dont drink at christmas OP

Are you one of those families that can actually express their emotions in a healthy way, do nice things for each other without being asked and genuinely get along with each other?

If so get the gently caress out of my thread, this is for normal families who just shoot out passive aggressive comments and hold grudges over dumb poo poo

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Another gin and tonic? I couldn’t

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
*is the default character in the setting*

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Sits on the couch, staring at the fireplace, the entire morning.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
*Asserts loudly that Grandma must have sucked a mean cock with what she looked like*

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Another gin and tonic? I couldn’t

i could

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I am driving drunk and threaten to drive this car back home and not go to grandmas house for Christmas Eve while my wife cries in the passenger seat

True story, I had a great family thanks dad

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
*screams unintelligently about war on Christmas*

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
Not just in this thread!

And, uh, not just at Christmas, either.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
*stumbles into the living room where the kids are watching the original Grinch cartoon and works Netflix just enough to put on Bad Santa at a high enough volume to rattle the windows*

*threatens to pull out a Swiss army knife and gut anybody that so much as thinks about confronting me*

*halfway through strips down to ambiguous yellow stained wifebeater and wide fly trunks and trips over the gifts under the tree and cracks my scalp open on the table's corner, ushering a trip to the emergency room*

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Let me tell you, in excruciating detail, why unions are the only thing capable of restoring America and why the current crop of business leaders are morons who deserve the guillotine after you tidy me up another straight vodka in a glass.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Barudak posted:

another straight vodka in a glass.
Most bottles are glass, HTH.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Obsidianheart posted:

Most bottles are glass, HTH.

The bottle doesnt fit in the cupholder in the arm of the recliner Im sitting in from which I alternate calling for violent revolution in both Latin America and the Cavaliers front office

Kak
Sep 27, 2002

Testikles posted:

*Asserts loudly that Grandma must have sucked a mean cock with what she looked like*

"She still does, grandson" ;)

Beatboxing Bard
Sep 6, 2010

Barudak posted:

Let me tell you, in excruciating detail, why unions are the only thing capable of restoring America and why the current crop of business leaders are morons who deserve the guillotine after you tidy me up another straight vodka in a glass.

*overhears and yells something about how right to work laws are the only thing that can save American manufacturing and uses that as a springboard to repeat every single Sean Hannity talking point of the last week*

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
"Let me tell you a *UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURP!!!* war story"

*limp wristed hoists 6th bud light to mouth while right eyelid twitches, spilling rancid booze down my chin and creating a permanent stain on the carpeting*

*relative tries shaking me conscious, violent rattles and sucker punches said relative in the jaw*

Shamino
Mar 14, 2008

I am weary of loitering about Britain. There is much we could be accomplishing! Where hast thou been, anyway?
*pisses in the house plant/bonsai tree nurtured by the hosts late wife for the last 20 years, killing it*

onedayholiday
Dec 6, 2013

Grimey Drawer
*gets caught loving the turkey, but whole family applauds because if I've got a boner it means in not on heroin today*

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Beatboxing Bard posted:

*overhears and yells something about how right to work laws are the only thing that can save American manufacturing and uses that as a springboard to repeat every single Sean Hannity talking point of the last week*

Sorry that relative in my family died. Now the person who supports Bernie Sanders is the most right wing member.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

Barudak posted:

Kindred spirit

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-XPvK0NHDQ

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Barudak posted:

Sorry that relative in my family died. Now the person who supports Bernie Sanders is the most right wing member.

What's the left wing equivalent of drunk rambling at a family gathering?

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

it's the communist

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
No, it’s Christmas tradition we watch a Charlie Brown Christmas and not this crap (shrek the halls), I say to my nieces and nephews who are 4–0 years old and I’m 39

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

If you really think about it NASA never released a real photo of earth, it's all CGI!

They even recorded over the tapes of telemetry data!

Have you ever seen the curve from a plane?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

*cant remember which nog you spiked with THC*

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
*goes on a ten minute rant on how you can't openly call everyone a human being anymore on some dead internet message board*

*goes on to exclaim that the only reason he's even talking to you "queertards" is that he's currently "eating a sixer" which everyone assumes is some kind of drugs*

Laslow fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Dec 25, 2018

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
https://youtu.be/3apcfRwFLLo

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Barudak posted:

Read that as “onions” and got genuinely curious.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

We need to increase the social safety net so those goddamn immigrants can come here and get the medical care they deserve as we give them citizenship so they can work in America's nationalized industries.

My first bedtime book as a child was Das Kapital.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Genuinely curious how the family member who gets falling down drunk every year (and it really is a random member of the 9 people there) is also always the one who is gifted a gun.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

My mother legit got so tipsy that she yelled at her sister/sister in law for helping to do the dishes l

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I’m the drunk uncle but I say and legitimately mean it, happy Christmas

Happy holidays my fellow goons the prestige is I was the drunk relative, hope you are all doing well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

*bourbon, Coke, and Pokémon reruns on Twitch*

...what's this ITT nonsense?

bradzilla posted:

*convinces family I am definitely cutting back this time*

*is drunk 15 minutes after arriving*

*is still technically cutting back since pre-loading was skipped this year*