Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

DarkstarIV posted:

Dave shot down those reports. And Nakamura has said he has no desire to go back right now since he moved his family over here. And also as long as WWE keeps paying him, he will be happy.

He's pushing 40 and beat up, so I can imagine taking Vince's money to work the midcard is just fine with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
My co-worker's 10 year old son is a wrestling fan and he's absolutely a smark.

-His favorite wrestler is The Boogeyman.
-He recognized and called out to Larry Zbysko outside a convention. (Larry apparently went "How the hell does this kid know who I am?")
-He's happy that Daniel Bryan is a heel now because it means he's getting a main event push.

Kid owns.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

PunkBoy posted:

-He recognized and called out to Larry Zbysko outside a convention. (Larry apparently went "How the hell does this kid know who I am?")
-He's happy that Daniel Bryan is a heel now because it means he's getting a main event push.

Kid owns.

That's remarkably self aware for Larry.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

They don't call him "The Living Legend!" for nothing!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Gonz posted:

NEWZ suggets that Nakamura might be headed back to Japan, and is trying to get Ziggler to join him.

nakamura greatest face of all time

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
New Japan might finally get rid of Cody, they don't need Cody-Who-Whines-About-Millennials.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

PunkBoy posted:

Kid owns.

Larry has been in the last three or so video games but yeah still fantastic.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

I'm liking the new "racist Daniel Bryan" angle

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
There's a WWE show at MSG tonight with a big NXT showcase match

quote:

Intercontinental Champion Dean Ambrose defending against Seth Rollins in a steel cage match

John Cena returns

Raw Women's Champion Ronda Rousey defending against Nia Jax

Finn Balor vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Drew McIntyre

Elias vs. Bobby Lashley

Aleister Black, Ricochet, Pete Dunne, Velveteen Dream & Matt Riddle vs. Tommaso Ciampa & The Undisputed Era

Raw Tag Team Champions Bobby Roode & Chad Gable defending against AOP

Natalya, Sasha Banks, Bayley & Ember Moon vs. The Riott Squad & Mickie James

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

rovert posted:

Good god the end of that match is gonna be even more ridiculous than those 2013 era shield tag match clusterfucks where everybody's hitting their finisher every 10 seconds.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Your Parents posted:

I'm liking the new "racist Daniel Bryan" angle

Same

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Notably they pulled Gargano from that match (I'm surprised they didn't switch him to the heel team and have Fish sit out) and replaced him with Riddle on the babyface side.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

Notably they pulled Gargano from that match (I'm surprised they didn't switch him to the heel team and have Fish sit out) and replaced him with Riddle on the babyface side.

They should have just put him on the heel team and added Keith Lee to the faces.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

rovert posted:

Aside from Velveteen I feel like I'm looking at a PWG BOLA losers clusterfuck. Doubt they'd do the usual slo-mo sequence though.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm morbidly curious what a Ziggler G1 would look like.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Probably pretty good, his issue has never been that's he sucks. It's that he constantly, inexplicably, gets put in months-long back and forth feuds with anyone who has any sort of heat.

What I really want to see is Ziggler in Suzuki-gun.

Draxion fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Dec 26, 2018

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Oh my god, Ziggler being a prick with ZSJ and Taichi would be incredible. :lol:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Draxion posted:

Probably pretty good, his issue has never been that's he sucks. It's that he constantly, inexplicably, gets put in months-long back and forth feuds with anyone who has any sort of heat..

He's actually bad though, it's not just the booking

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ziggler would be a decent fit for the bullet club since they all sabotage their own and eachothers' matches

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Ziggler is an ok wrestler but his gimmick is his personality turned to 11, he is a legitimately unlikable person and no promotion is going to fix that.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Ziggler is an ok wrestler who thinks he's a great wrestler.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Gumball Gumption posted:

Ziggler is an ok wrestler but his gimmick is his personality turned to 11, he is a legitimately unlikable person and no promotion is going to fix that.

"guy who wants to be a stand-up comedian" always gets go away heat from me, in wrestling and in life.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
for everyone wondering where's english, he's here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCY2d6NDofM

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I've never understood why they use different names than their WWE names in those up up down down videos

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I've never understood why they use different names than their WWE names in those up up down down videos

It's because video games

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Tong Po is the best.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Mr. Carlisle posted:

The same reason your GamerTag isn’t your name

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I would love a Ziggler NJPW run. He can have really great matches and if he's cutting promos like ZSJ or Juice, I think he instantly becomes more enjoyable than when giving the "NIGHT AFTER NIGHT I BUST MY rear end" promo for the last ten years.

He is dumb and not funny but if we're talking about Americans that NJPW could use, I'd much rather see Ziggler than Elgin.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
The best description I've ever heard of Ziggler is "Billy Gunn before the Radicalz arrived." He was a solid hand with a generic "good look" who was considered to have all the tools because he was OK at everything, at a time when the WWE was hiring based on looks rather than talent. He might have developed into an elite talent in a better environment, or if his head wasn't so far up his own rear end. Even if he left WWE, I'd expect him to be a better fit for Impact or MLW than New Japan.

Edit: I was gonna say that he could have the most forgettable matches on a BOLA, but apparently the latest BOLA wasn't all that great.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I want a cocky Dolph Ziggler to get in the ring with Minoru Suzuki

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

It's my social security number and bank card pin

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

But seriously outside of like John Cena they're already using fake names

It's just funny to have multiple levels of nicknames

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

kayfabe names are a job title/position. tom cruise plays a lot of fortnite and has never once gone by ethanhunt. he uses thetanhunt instead

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Cavauro posted:

kayfabe names are a job title/position. tom cruise plays a lot of fortnite and has never once gone by ethanhunt. he uses thetanhunt instead

lol

Thank you for clearing that up for me

E-Diddy
Mar 30, 2004
I'm both hot and bothered

Cavauro posted:

This pun is operating at a high level :bernpop:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

My gamertag is Baron Corbin.

So in the future please make it clear whether you're discussing wrestler Baron Corbin, poster Baron Corbin, or Xbox Baron Corbin.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Mr. Carlisle posted:

In Woods' case, I think it's so he can keep the channel going more easily if he leaves WWE. If he was Xavier Woods, it would be awkward to rebrand, but because Austin Creed is a gimmick he owns, he can keep it even if he leaves.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cavauro posted:

Late contender for post of the year here.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Cavauro posted:

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Dangerous Person posted:

I want a cocky Dolph Ziggler to get in the ring with Minoru Suzuki

JackRubyMeetsLeeHarveyOswald.mp4