Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How are you feeling today?
Pretty dang good!
I'm okay.
could be better..
I need a hand!
View Results

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I think Lincoln In The Bardo just clicked for me. I’ve made several attempts since my last post in this thread and I think this time it stuck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Finished Lincoln in the Bardo not once but twice. Not as intelligent as many goons here so I had to give it another go to be sure I experienced everything. It was a pretty fantastic listen once I stopped trying to consume it like a traditional book. Pretty great mix of hilarity and seriousness. I really loved the various physical deformities/endowments all the ghosts had.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Who Ordered This Truckload of Dung by Ajahn Brahm.

Not the sort of thing I usually go for but I happened to borrow a friend's copy and it was a really pleasant read. Should reread it one of these days.