Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

QuarkJets posted:

I had never heard of Goblin Slayer and someone asked me to watch the first episode and give an impression, it started off fine, oh it's basically D&D they even have a leveling system that's kind of cool, maybe this will be silly and someone will attack The Darkness with magic missiles. Haha a group of unprepared adventurers getting owned by goblins oh wait this turned into a rape scene real fast what the gently caress is wrong with you, Japan? Oh I guess goblin children squeal like pigs when they get their heads bashed in that's uh some interesting world building I guess

That said I've sure as hell seen worse anime than this, but since the first episode is Berserk-tier edgelord nonsense I can only assume that things get worse from there. Reading this thread a bit apparently there's a racism controversy? Does that happen later, or did the author like say "Chinese people are goblins" or something?

it's mostly just the usual "inherently evil races posing a threat that can only be dealt with by genocide are kind of a questionable thing to write into your setting" thing, in combination with various corners of the internet being gross about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

Cuntellectual posted:

The thing that always confused me about Citrus the most is that they're not actually sisters. They have no relation and weren't raised together or anything. Does that still make it appealing for people who are into that sorta thing? :iiam:

Yuzu spends about half of one volume of the manga making a serious effort to treat Mei as her sister instead of her weird boundary-impaired girlfriend, but it's mostly just a plot contrivance to make them spend lots of time together and give them a further reason to keep their relationship secret.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

Endorph posted:

holy poo poo

do people really have a low enough opinion of me to think that i actually think getting to third base nonconsensually with someone isnt sexual assault

the scene that guy's talking about doesnt exist and he specifically describes a separate scene as 'forcible,' and the only scene i can think of involving third base that doesnt involve mei is consensual, so i was left to assume that he was complaining about a consensual scene as if it was sexual assault

of course i think groping someone nonconsensually is sexual assault. of course i think kissing someone against their will is sexual assault.

what the gently caress.

All I can think of is that they were talking about the scene right at the very start where Yuzu sees the teacher kissing Mei, except that yeah that's pretty far off from what they described in a number of ways