Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i didnt watch much in general this year so here's my most avoided

1. Backstreet Girls because holy poo poo this is genuinely one of the most reprehensible and poorly made pieces of poo poo in the last decade
2. Uzamaid because. uh.
3. Goblin Slayer just cause it seems kinda boring and stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
dagashi kashi is fail because of the fake out gag at the end of season 1 where the blonde girl thought big boob girl was going to kiss her and just accepted it and then they didn't kiss because it is a coward's candy anime

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
guts very explicitly had his aversion to physical contact in the stuff immediately leading up to golden age

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Thanks to a stream I watch, I've seen some of the really bad stuff this year.
Citrus- Ignoring the incest stuff, it also was a bit rapey.

i feel like this is slightly disingenuous of how those scenes in the early going are portrayed

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
she's a teenage lesbian coming to grips with her sexuality in an extremely awkward environment and social situation with zero guidance to help her out, the point of those scenes is how weird and uncomfortable they are for literally everyone

the loving ending of citrus is gay marriage becoming legal

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Dec 28, 2018

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
lol at acting like citrus, did not get also shat on running up to and throughout its airing

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

doomrider7 posted:

I legit forgot that was even running at all, same for Dakaichi and Backstreet Girls which I STILL don't understand why it even got made at all compared to some of the other crap listed on here. Citrus is weird creepy lesbian vampire sister anime right? I remember reading a chapter or two on Mangadex some time before the anime got announced.

Edit: Yeah it's the one. No loving clue why I thought they were vampires.

please don't compare the manga written by a lesbian loosely based off of her teenage experiences to backstreet girls

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Dec 28, 2018

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the good news is that i don't think that's what it was trying to say. the bad news is the director didn't have any idea what he was trying to say either

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the bullying read of takagi feels weird to me because there are a bunch of chapters where they just kind of casually hang out without getting in each other's hair too much, outside of the kid maybe getting some insanely long and obtuse idea for a way to out-mind game her that he just kind of forgets by the end

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

doomrider7 posted:

Not it. Might pick it up though since it kind of looks like the kind of trash I actually DO enjoy(soft spot for ecchi comedy).

you probably don't want to look at hajimete no gal unless you want something that vehemently despises women

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
should probably read the magus bride manga, the anime's problem isn't being glacial so much as the direction being uninspired

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i remember hearing the rpg maker game angels of death is an adaptation of is vaguely more self-aware and goofy but idk how true that is

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Butt Ghost posted:

Imagine if they actually allowed the directors and producers they hire any creative freedom

hey they let masashi ishihama make an opening

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

ConanThe3rd posted:

Given what they did with P4 and contrasting that with P4 Golden I have to wonder if the Sega acquisition didn’t cause all this.

i don't think sega is the cause of any of atlus' problems lol

also persona 4 didn't really get a lot more freedom or better scheduling or anything, it just had, a good comedy director at the helm

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Motto posted:

piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssssss

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm sorry do you want me to say for the third time that people are incapable of interacting with anything deeper than the surface text of a piece of writing and that's been apparent in how every discussion of goblin slayer results in people comparing it to berserk despite massive differences in their approaches to writing characters stemming from the fact, that goblin slayer is a 2chan cyoa forum thread and berserk is a manga with a narrative that evolves heavily over its run

and also that it's really tedious that we have to have multi-page discussions of whether goblin slayer is super bad or just bad, that ultimately bring no actual meaningful discussion of anything or come to any kind of agreement other than that, it's kind of bad

also how goblin slayer gets put on a pedestal as the worst thing ever created despite not even being the worst thing that aired in 2018 on a pure moral standpoint, to the point that people briefly made effort posts about how the anime about how lesbians are pedophiles was morally superior

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Sometimes people like to watch terrible things because they're terrible. Let me tell you all about this wonderful movie called The Room.

the room is entertaining because it's a man who has zero acting talent or expertise about making a film, trying to make a film

hatewatching a 12-24 episode long season of anime is a really tedious commitment and the "trainwreck" bullshit is something people often apply to shows that legitimately aren't that bad just so they can watch it with a veil of ironic detachment

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

are you saying shield hero isn't that bad

no it's pretty bad

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Grapplejack posted:

At least goblin Slayer isn't a devious plot by Shinzo Abe to get you to gently caress and have kids like Darling in the Franxx is. :v:

can we stop using the shinzo abe anime meme when the two shows people have recently applied it to are a sci-fi anime with six different plotlines that it randomly abandons across its runtime directed by a man who's deep statement about the intent of the show was that he didn't really have any intent and just kind of wrote what he wrote without thinking about it too much, and a gag anime based off of a mediocre dungeon crawler that has a part where a guy gets comically jerked off by a fairy

it's really hosed up to use legit, hosed up irl poo poo as a punchline for a bad sci-fi anime written with a 40 year old cis man's concept of gender, or a gag anime made to advertise a rerelease of a game with a weird premise that even in the original games pokes fun at itself for how odd that premise is

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jan 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's like a mix of nobunaga's ambition and dinosaur resurrection