Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dionysian
Dec 30, 2012

I like Scrabble. What's your favorite board game, PYF Goons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Mousetrap. :colbert:

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

They should spell them B-O-R-E-D games. Haha. But I like settlers of catan

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
Cards against humanity or poker

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Monopoly. Haha just kidding, only complete and utter imbeciles would like that pile of feces. I like chutes and ladders.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
monopoly

e: fuuuuuu

godogg
Dec 29, 2008

In Training posted:

chutes and ladders.

Snakes and ladders you absolute peasant

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Clue

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003
JUNTA is probably the most underrated board game of all time and they make a beautiful new edition.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Brittania

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx8sl2uC46A

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I'm not sure what my favorite one is, but my wife loves Keyflower.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I like games where you travel around a continent, OP.

e: actually I forgot about this one, which is my all-time favourite, but because I'm a fuckwad I've lost a lot of the pieces and probably can't afford to replace them:

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 12:47 on Dec 31, 2018

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I really like monopoly, but I can never find anyone who plays it correctly/won't have a tantrum and give all their stuff to their friend and quit. I'm all for giving favorable trades to other people to screw the leader over, but don't just give them away and quit.

The same with risk. They always try and modify the rules to make it go faster. If the game takes a week to finish, so be it.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

yeah I eat rear end posted:

The same with risk. They always try and modify the rules to make it go faster. If the game takes a week to finish, so be it.

Risk is like those gross but good foods that you regret eating afterward. You know what will happen, but every couple years you get a craving for it. And then for the next few hours you can't do much more than sit around.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Jerry Cotton posted:

e: actually I forgot about this one, which is my all-time favourite, but because I'm a fuckwad I've lost a lot of the pieces and probably can't afford to replace them:

There's a VIC 20 space game (a Finnish one of course) named that, is it the same?

Edit oh poo poo necro, teach me to dig too deep into pyf

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Slippery posted:

There's a VIC 20 space game (a Finnish one of course) named that, is it the same?

Edit oh poo poo necro, teach me to dig too deep into pyf

No idea. I doubt many people in the Vic 20 era would've been familiar with the board game.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Talisman is great because literally nothing you do matters, everything is pure luck and it'll take hours of nothing happen for someone to win on accident.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Axis & Allies

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
Any Ticket to Ride game except Switzerland or France.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies

RBA Starblade posted:

Talisman is great because literally nothing you do matters, everything is pure luck and it'll take hours of nothing happen for someone to win on accident.

Yes. The only appropriate time to play it is New Years Day, when you're too hung over to really do anything. Someone will probably pull ahead in the first hour or two, but who cares? If you stop playing you have to stand up, and who feels like doing that?