Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Here's my :effort: list.

1. Yuru△Camp
2. Hakumei & Mikochi
3. Violet Evergarden
4. March Lion S2
5. Today's Menu For The Emiya Family

I liked 'em pretty and peaceful this year, apparently.

Honorable mentions:

Hanebado
Planet With
Zombieland Saga
FMP IV
GGO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
I'm surprised that Hakumei & Mikochi didn't get more support, I know the manga was well-received and the show is very well put together.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Nate RFB posted:

H&M is lower on my list than some of the others because I'm not certain it really elevates itself above its source material in the way that either Lion (Shaft predictably injected a lot of great style and art direction into it, as showcased by some .gifs in this thread) and Yuru Camp (which I'd call a straight up improvement over the crosshatching in the manga). I love how the manga for H&M looks and the anime feels a little sanitized in some ways. It's still very good though, and Mayumi Shintani as Jada is a particularly great casting that of course you would not have in the manga.

I've only read some of the manga, but the timing, voice acting, and music in the show were all great. The ED is an amazing journey through planning a picnic that sounds like a feast from Redwall.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

chiasaur11 posted:

See, after reading the manga to date, seeing things like this make me sad, because manga Hina is amazing. Especially post timeskip, but even before then, she has a ton of great bits where her complete lack of fucks given can come into play.

Unfortunately, most of the best Hina stories were cut from the anime (as were the best Hitomi scenes, but Hitomi pretty much just has best scenes, so you notice less.) Which basically means I get why you don't like Hina, but Hina is great, and it's a shame the reasons Hina is great mostly aren't in the anime.

Hina is the best worst person.