Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

1. Devilman Crybaby - I didn't really care for the original manga, but I feel like Yuasa elevated it into something special and striking.
2. Dragon Pilot: Hisone & Masotan - These dorks were just great to watch. That ED is still stuck in my head.
3. Lupin III: Part V - I hadn't watched much Lupin for years before this started, but it was stylish as hell and reminded why I ever enjoyed these stories to begin with.
4. Violet Evergarden - The post office is extremely powerful.
5. FLCL Progressive - I keep coming back to thinking about this one every now and then, so it gets to sneak in at my number 5 spot in light of nothing else really standing out enough to me to put here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Alder posted:

Violet Evergarden: Lovely animation and interesting FeMC. I prefer the adaptation to the LN and wondering if they ever plan on adding an OVA.
Well they did one OVA a few months ago. I think its even on Netflix now?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Expect My Mom posted:

even The Straight Story would put em in a tailspin
We definitely need more anime about grabbers, its true.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The Franxx hate still seems super overblown to me tbh, and hard to take particularly seriously in a year we had significantly worse stuff like Gundam Build Divers.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Ranzear posted:

Anyone could notice pretty quick if a glass of milk has gone really sour, but it's way worse when it's not super apparently off at the start and you drink all or most of it before you notice.
I don't think milk spoils mid-sip like that. This analogy seems bad.

Like its fine if you just didn't like the show and/or thought it ended badly, but the hyperbolic posts about it I saw from people just seemed really silly to me.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jan 10, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Endorph posted:

here's an analogy: what if there was an anime that had a kind of rocky star but eventually got pretty cool and had one of the best executed drama episodes of the year before immediately backpedaling on literally everything interesting it setup like it was terrified of internet reactions that didnt even exist when it was being made, giving all the most interesting characters no actual resolution to their arcs, having all the characters that do get arcs lose all their interesting personality traits, before having a two episodes of a giant infodump from a chaacter that never had dialogue before or after this, followed by a complete nonstarter of an ending
Then its just like a thousand other anime out there, not particularly remarkable either way (Some good parts, some stupid parts) and certainly not equivalent to some elaborate scheme using omelettes to give people sulfuric poisoning.