Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!
Please sign me up for the strange-and-hilarious-post-restrictions game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Full disclosure, I'm going to limit myself to eleven posts every-other round, to maximize the amount of mandatory PR I am subjected to.

It's so much work coming up with your own ridiculous PR. I'm thrilled to play a game where the GM will do it for me.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Man this haiku stuff
From whence does it come, and why?
I cannot abide.

1/11

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Dick Bastardly posted:

guns, or bare knuckle brawl. doesn't make a difference to me.... but one of "us" (us as in anyone who's feeling froggy) isn't getting back up again.

I'm your Huckleberry.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Who or what is a thunderdome and how do I play?

All you drat veteran mafia people with your veteran mafia lingo.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Flerp's breakdown of this game is wildly off-point.

He calls Asiina and AA likely town. Goes on to say he has a scum-ish read on Toal. This scenario doesn't work. Why on earth does scum Toal step in to try and end a town slap fight?

Your read at the moment is that you don't think AA is scum, but someone from scum team jumped in to take the unpopular position of defending him? That's wild man.

But also! The vote on asf is so poorly justified. Asf hasn't really participated the whole drat game. The first time they speak up to express the (very reasonable) notion that scum can be found somewhere in the asiina/aa/toal slapfight, flerp throws a vote down because the notion wasn't deeply explored enough.

Flerp at no point disagrees with asf's summation. Flerp doesn't attempt to decide who in the slapfight is scum himself. And yet, posting that summation without a deep analysis is enough of a scum-tell to make asf flerp's first lynch. A better candidate than any of the people in the slapfight, despite him saying he thinks toal is scummy.

There's like three things about this post that don't get posted by a man operating in strict honesty. And now, I am suspicious.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

In my opinion, the best thing we've gotten today is the slapfight. I think there is a very decent chance that AA and Toal are on a scum team together.

There is still time to successfully vote out AA. If he doesn't flip scum, it venerates Toal and throws shade on Asiina. If he does flip scum, we go for Toal tomorrow. We learn something meaningful from AA's flip no matter what it end up being, we'll have direction and momentum for the next game day

vote## AA

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Toalpaz posted:

Nice vote.

You're so unapologetically kind and good and probably handsome and rich. I bet you have really nice teeth and interesting hobbies

Hey though man, wheres that AA vote you said you were fine with?

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Dick Bastardly posted:

not sure how I feel about KR here. Seems like that post was chain lunchy.

I'm not sure how I feel about db here. You promised me a thunderdome. I waited for you. I waited hours. In the rain. It was cold and lonely and I cried.

A bunch.

...Is it a chain lunch if I'm the one campaigning for it? ...

...Is it a chain lunch if it's a reaction to the only proper evidence in the round?...

...Is it wrong to feel so right?...

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Toalpaz posted:

You literally fake voted

Oh! That's what that "nice vote" thing was about. I figured it was an ironic jab at my meta, I kinda wish it was. I enjoy sparring.

##vote AA

Still down or was the whole thing irony?

Asiina posted:

Yikes! This is real bad.

Vote for someone you think is scum, not because it'll make other people look better/worse.

I checked and it's Rex's 4th game which may still be new enough to not realize how bad this is. Not even necessarily scummy bad, just terrible play bad.

When don't you think my play is terrible Asiina? I don't mind. Upsetting convention brings me more joy than winning with someone else's strategy guide.

Hey really though, you're voting AA at the moment. And characterizing my vote as political when I say specifically "I think there's a good chance AA and Toal are on a scum team" is perhaps a touch disingenuous. Knowing what to do after joke phase is a good thing. Planning for after joke phase is a good thing.

...You're a good thing...

I wish we got along better!

I'm a Capricorn!

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

I think the first thing that deserves to be said is that I broadcasted my own visit to Dick Bastardly last night.

No one in this game played any part in exposing me, because I was not hiding. I'm proud of what I did. No one deserves to die alone.

My action will be broadcast every single night. And every night I will visit the person who needs me most. The most unfortunate person.

*How Can I Test This Claim?*

1) If anyone comes forward to say they played a part in broadcasting me, kill me this round.

2) When I broadcast tomorrow that I visited the night kill, ask yourself if it is likely that a man who mandatory broadcasts every night would be scum team.

3) Go home and spend some time with friends and family. Ask your auntie if a man with as beautiful a soul as mine has it in him to murder.

I didn't kill Dick Bastardly. I eased his passing. I buried his body and prayed for his soul. For this I am unapologetic.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

PMush Perfect posted:

Being cute isn't going to help. If you're gonna make a hail mary fakeclaim, at least go all in on it.

You have to look past the cuteness PMush. That's just who I am. It colors everything I do.

I am loving adorable.

Like, I would take you home to visit my friends and family, and they could explain to you that I have always been just kinda *Stupid Cute*. But that would take too long. We just don't have time for candlelight dinners right now.

Examine my claim on it's own merits. I broadcasted myself. That's not a scum power. Look for someone who can contradict me. You'll find they don't exist.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Icepheonix wasted a move, I auto broadcast. Or Icepheonix is scum jumping on the opportunity to fake claim a move. Either way, I think he should go home and seek consolation from his friends and family. They miss him. It could be a really heartwarming moment.

I had complete certainty no one would be able to claim broadcasting me. If I was faking my claim, that certainty would be ridiculous. Consider that in your decisions to vote or not vote me.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Ridiculous is my game, and I'm glad you're amused. But, ridiculous is also my life. And ridiculous has layers.

The most ridiculous thing that is going to happen is you finding out I was telling the complete and total truth.

Give me one more round. Roleblock me. Track me. Imma visit that dead person anyway. I can't be stopped. And when I do, I'll tell the world! The Whole World!

Honestly, I don't think my death hurts town that much anyway, my power is a little jokey. But I think the purpose of it is to build suspicion and distract town. In that regard, if nothing can be done to save myself today, at least take the day to discuss who goes after me. Don't waste a day on the trap the GM laid for you. Use it to hunt scum.

Or, alternatively, give your grandma and her friends a visit. Back home. Next to the warm hearth and bathed in the sweet scent of hot tea. You'll find they are all excellent at cribbage. And that it's a game you'd like if you only gave it a chance.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

PMush Perfect posted:

I have a question. If you were a miller, and you knew it was going to be revealed on Night 1/Day 2, why wouldn't you just breadcrumb or fullclaim it?

To be brutally honest with you, in addition to being absurdly cute I'm also an arrogant bastard.

I have been thrilled for the challenge of getting myself not-lynched today from the minute I read my role PM. As we speak, I'm still pretty confident in my ability to do so.

Could I have given everyone spoilers about what was going to happen? Sure. I considered it. And I decided it was unbecoming to take the easy way out of this predicament. It amuses me more to attempt the impossible than to accomplish the mundane.

... Wanna ... Wanna tell me all about your life philosophies now? 'Cause I'd listen. It's kinda your turn ... You know?

quote:

And here's the kicker: Rex had less than twelve posts yesterday, and has some kind of PR today. A major, very weird penalty of some kind. So, what really gets me thinking is that Rex had the opportunity to breadcrumb yesterday, but didn't, and has some kind of PR today, but seems to be completely straightforward in his posting. I don't like either of those, but I especially don't like them combined.

I want to talk to you about your home. Your friend and family. And how you (yes, you personally) should go and visit them. I don't think of that as a "major, weird penalty". I'm sure you're home is really nice and that your friends and family are great people. It's just that, sometimes, people need to be reminded that their loved ones need attention just like everyone else. And that a personal domicile is an incredible luxury that not everyone in the world gets to enjoy. Go make the most of both of these things. Enjoy them while they last. This is a beautiful time in your life.

I'm gonna write an effort post now. Enjoy it with your friends and family.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

**Eleven People In The Game.**

Asf - Alignment Unconfirmed
AA - Confirmed Town (deceased)
Asiina - 3p (unconfirmed but I believe them)
DB - Confirmed Town (deceased)
Flerp - Alignment Unconfirmed
IP - Alignment Unconfirmed
Imgay - Alignment Unconfirmed
Rex - Confirmed Town (I can read my own role PM)
Pmush - Alignment Unconfirmed
Snail - Alignment Unconfirmed
Toal - Town (unconfirmed but I believe them)

**Best Candidates For Scum**

Asf, Flerp, IP, Imgay, Pmush, Snail.

**Please Read The Following Quotes By Flerp**

flerp posted:

i mean i dont think defending some1 is bad d1 but also i dont c why scum would be defending me anyways but thats based off knowing im town which no one else knows.

flerp posted:

i guess ill say that a lot of my opinions r overall lukewarm and i can be (and probably am) wildly wrong. but nah i fundamentally disagree w/ the assessment that scum toal wouldnt try to stop a town slapfight. why not try to look reasonable by stopping a slapfight, esp one that doesnt look like its gonna be effective at getting either of them lunched? also to show my hand a lil, i voted asf as a way to probe so theyd justify their reasoning but didnt want to actually overtly say this. i knew the vote wouldnt actually mean much since i didnt think anybody which switch onto asf and was p much prepared to concede the vote by the end of the day. it seemed to have failed tho since asf hasnt said anything :(

**Some Context**

In the first post Flerp is saying he doesn't believe that AA is scum because he doesn't see why scum would be defending a town player.

In his Lumpen List he goes on to characterize Toal as very likely scum, defending AA (very likely Town) from Asiina (very likely Town).

I post an objection, saying I don't see why Scum Toal would defend Town AA (a notion that is identical to saying that Scum AA wouldn't defend Town Flerp).

In the second quote, Flerp says he fundamentally disagrees with the idea that a scum player wouldn't defend a town player.

Flerp fundamentally disagrees with a point he established higher on the same page.

Flerp fundamentally disagrees with a point he uses in his own Lumpen List to argue that AA is Town.

Comcerning the assertion "scum sometimes defends town", within a single post, Flerp agrees regarding Toal and disagrees regarding AA. That's. Really. Weird.

**Is Anything Else Weird About Flerp's LumpenList?**

flerp posted:

Read his Lumpenlist if you're in the mood to, I guess.

Flerp's number one scum was asf, whom he laid down a vote for. That struck me as super odd and poorly justified. His number two scum was Toal, which was more acceptable at the time but inconsistent with his other reads. I wondered at the time, why these two? They seemed selected for ulterior reasons.

Asf and Toal were the only people who had expressed any suspicion of Snail.

**How Have Snail and Flerp Interacted?**

In short, regularly. With odd fake/not-fake hostility.

An empty vote for Flerp during joke phase. Whatever.

Discourages people from hopping onto his vote for Flerp. Only one person had done so, also as an empty jokephase vote. This is an odd reaction to your vote gaining fake, jokephase momentum

sentimental snail posted:

wow yikes way to hop on my senseless vote right after I make it. this is the worst thing that has ever happened to me.

Some question of a thunderdome arises. Snail singles out Flerp as the one he'd like to fight.

sentimental snail posted:

I'll fight flerp, db. I'll do it. I'll punch flerp right in the flerp.

Imgay goes on to vote Flerp in a more serious way. Snail says nothing about it and has no objections, unlike when IP followed his flerp vote.

IP unvotes Flerp and Snail follows quickly. He changes his vote to AA. Who was the man arguing that Flerp votes were bad. Snail unvotes Flerp and votes the man who says people should unvote Flerp.

Round 2 comes and Flerp throws suspicion on Imgay, the man arguing that voting for Flerp was perfectly fine.

**In Summary (Well Done For Getting This Far)**

I think there is a high likelyhood that Flerp is scum. He has changed his opinions about key points of meta based on what its convenient to say he believes at the time.

Snail and Flerp have an unusual level of interaction. This interaction is inconsistent, and it's very unclear what snails actual opinions about flerp are, despite the higher than normal level of interaction. While not damning, this is very suspicious.

##vote Flerp

**Things I'd Like To Know**

Flerp, what did you do last night?

Flerp, do you think snail is behaving unusually?

Snail, what did you do last night?

Snail, what is your actual opinion of Flerp?

Flerp, when was the last time you went home and visited your friends and family? I think you ought to consider it. A little reprieve from this dark and hostile world might be just what you need to settle on a consistent narrative.

Thanks for attending my TED Talk.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Riveting discussion today.

Since no one is here right now, I'm gonna suggest you all go do the next most important thing. Spend time with your friends and family. At home. Maybe catch a live theatrical performance. Or put on an impromptu theatrical performance.

Go make some memories. At home. With your friends and families.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Toalpaz posted:

O K

So we have a claim. And a counter claim.

If Scum have nice actions the reason why it's so quiet is because we're mislunching and they're going to night action into another mislunch.

Makes me feel bad but I think I've seen a lot of games go this route and it kinda scares me.

If you stick with a Rex lynch, you are mislynching. I can confirm this for you.

Be the change you want to see in the world. Visit you're family and friends at home. Look deeper than surface level. Catch scum. Get paid.

All of this can be yours! *gestures broadly in many directions*

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Asiina posted:

I can vote for my good friend Rex. I don't really have anything to say.

If your good friend Rex is lying it will be abundantly apparent in 24 hours.

Keep me around one more turn. You will be able to prove or disprove my role conclusively without wasting a day lynching me.

I'm also the highest content poster this round. That's good for town and bad for scum no matter which team you believe I'm on. Losing me hurts the thread much more than lynching a relative lurker (such as Flerp).

Voting for Rex is an unnecessary knee jerk reaction that will make the thread a much less interesting place. True facts. Play the game you wish you were in.

If you tell me your cats name I will rate the name on a scale of one to ten. I can also perform voodoo on it from an incredible distance, if you're a weird person. Either way, please encourage your cat to go home and spend time visiting friends and family on my behalf. Time with loved ones is the best cat-medicine. After voodoo. And vetrinarians.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Toalpaz posted:

Okay who's scum then

Flerp and Snail are at the top of my attention list. For the reasons stated above.

Also, flerp is lurking hard. Hasn't put down a real vote the whole game, unless you count asf. Incositent opinions mixed with half-hearted involvement is not a good combo.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

**Mafia Edit**

And neither Flerp nor Snail have gone home to visit their family and friends in years. For shame. They really ought to. How can you trust someone who spends no time at home or with the people they love?

Please don't hurt me Kashuno, I did the thing. I followed it immediately. I'm a good boy and will feel super bad. Hearts.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Toalpaz posted:

Why isn't ice phoenix up there? He's the one saying he put loud on you. Thus, implying that you don't have innate loudness. Do you think that he's town and it's just a horrible accident that he put loud on you and you're loud?

I have trouble imagining a scum player accruing hated votes. We've confirmed that Ice Phoenix accrues hated votes. That leans him toward town for me.

Also, I think it would be a very bold move for scum to fake claim something like that. I also don't see why they would. The thread doesn't need additional momentum to settle on a vote against me.

Yeah, I think the most reasonable thing to assume is that it was a horrible accident that just happens to make my surviving today twice as complicated. This is also congruous with my general luck as a person and the kinds of ludacris scenarios I stumble into. So, I'm just kind of shrugging at it and trying to soldier on.

Toal. Go home and visit your friends and family. Take me with you. Rescue me from my own madness. Feed me. I like olives a lot.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Flerp would like some credit for his legitimate vote on asf. For the record, he also had this to say about his vote for asf.

flerp posted:

i voted asf as a way to probe so theyd justify their reasoning but didnt want to actually overtly say this. i knew the vote wouldnt actually mean much since i didnt think anybody which switch onto asf and was p much prepared to concede the vote by the end of the day. it seemed to have failed tho since asf hasnt said anything :(

By the way, this is the post that peaked flerp's suspicion about asf.

A Sometimes Food posted:

My immediate thought is that we have scum somewhere in the Asiina > AA > Snail > Toal chain.

Flerp, do you have a case you'd like to present against asf? If you're gonna call this a legitimate vote and not just stirring the pot, you should have a case.

If you don't have a case, consider visiting asf at home. A lot of cooking happens there, so you can stir the pot to your hearts content. And you'd get to meet their family and friends!

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Guys, gals, friends, family, homebodies, people who should visit their houses - you are settling on a bad choice only because it is the easiest choice to make.

I want you to play the game a little harder than this.

Before you vote Rex today, do me and your fellow town mates a favor. Give all my posts a read through. Look carefully for where I've seemed dishonest, where I've contradicted myself. Ask yourself if you would think I was scummy under different circumstances. Ask yourself if I'm a person you want the thread to lose.

I'm town. I've been upfront with my reads. And I've regularly offered the good advice that all of you should visit your friends and family at home.

We have hours left until deadline. It's not too late to make a better decision.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

This is a bad turn. I'm town. Toal is town. Next turn we will have lost four town without hitting scum.

Go visit your friends and family at home. They will mourn for the loss of common sense. We must seek consolation wherever we can find it. This thread will not provide that peace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Would play again. I would make all the same mistakes I made in this game twice as hard. Good times were had, abundantly.