Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Das Boo posted:

It's also the same melody as Be Our Guest. Tripped me out.

They're really similar, never noticed that before. Les Poisson is the better song IMHO, but part of the reason is I'll always hate Be Our Guest because I was forced to sing a lovely version of it for 6th Grade graduation and I'll never forget or forgive!!! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Pick posted:

There is no tension between Scar and Nalain the original, it was added to the play to reduce "Scar's gay" comments so instead he wants to gently caress his niece, cool

well it did have its roots in a bit cut from the film
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl8gDjaHWWA

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

DC Murderverse posted:

too late

22 Great Songs Missing From That Dumb List: (listed chronologically)

Someday My Prince Will Come (Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs)
I've Got No Strings (Pinocchio)
Baby Mine (Dumbo)
When I See an Elephant Fly (Dumbo)
A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes (Cinderella)
The Second Star to the Right (Peter Pan)
You Can Fly! You Can Fly! You Can Fly! (Peter Pan)
He's a Tramp (Lady and the Tramp)
Once Upon a Dream (Sleeping Beauty)
Cruella DeVil (One Hundred and One Dalmations)
Everybody Wants to Be a Cat (The Aristocats)
Someone's Waiting for You (The Rescuers)
Why Should I Worry? (Oliver and Company)
My Funny Friend and Me (Emperor's New Groove)
Hawaiian Roller Coaster (Lilo and Stitch)
On My Way (Brother Bear)
Will The Sun Ever Shine Again (Home on the Range)
Friends on the Other Side (Princess and the Frog)
Almost There (Princess and the Frog)
Mother Knows Best (Tangled)
Try Everything (Zootopia)
How Far I'll Go (Moana)

And this is ignoring the films that are cut together shorts (like Winnie the Pooh, which would definitely have a song in the top 40) and also Mary Poppins, Enchanted and the other live action Disney movies that have songs that would probably be worth a slot.

A Cowboy Needs a Horse
Three Caballeros
The Siamese Cats Song

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Best Disney song?

https://youtu.be/OMQerXNmUfk

Smdh if you haven’t been to Bahia

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Settle down, it's just some random person's opinion put into list form, who cares about--

somnambulist posted:

And then a bunch of Hunchback songs and NOT Hellfire?

yo I'mma have some trouble with the fireplace in a minute

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Isnt the list measured on their Karaoke-ability? Because if so Hellfire loses both on subject matter and on requiring a voice that is sexually alluring to snakes

Min_sora
Oct 21, 2008

Schwarzwald posted:

A good example, consider that scene with the flower: a lonely flower finds happiness in the illusion of a companion, only to wilt after it is removed. This relates to the appliance's joy in the memory of the master, and their fear that he's abandoned them (or was the master even real to begin with?). The appliances react to this fear by undertaking an impossible journey away from the familiar in the hopes of discovering the master out in the unknown.

The flower cannot go on a similar journey, cause the flower is stuck in the ground (the flower is designed to stick in the ground). The flower can't help it if the kid's too short to reach it's petals, that's its function.

So not only does the scene reemphasize the fears that drive the characters, it also reframes the rear end in a top hat air-conditioner as merely a frightened and lonely person.

IIRC, the flower is supposed to represent Blanky, they even coloured them the exact same yellow. In a previous scene, Toaster pushed Blanky away and went to sleep, and in the flower scene she runs away from it but actually turns back and sees what rejection can do - but she can't make it better for the flower. After that, she softens in how she treats Blanky, and actually starts protecting him.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Min_sora posted:

IIRC, the flower is supposed to represent Blanky, they even coloured them the exact same yellow. In a previous scene, Toaster pushed Blanky away and went to sleep, and in the flower scene she runs away from it but actually turns back and sees what rejection can do - but she can't make it better for the flower. After that, she softens in how she treats Blanky, and actually starts protecting him.

Toaster is a boy btw (an appliance boy)

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Officially they're all genderless - I know there was an AMA with the BLT creators recently, I've been trying to find it.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
That might be WOG but in the film the toaster does have male pronouns, however it is a toaster so who cares

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Toasters do not have testicles

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Pick posted:

Anything does as long as you have a pair of truck nutz

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Pick posted:

Sentient toasters don't have a biological sex, but they can have a gender identity.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Toaster always struck me even as a kid as androgynous, while the rest were pretty clearly male. And the obvious parallels to Blanky are all coming back to me. Not sure what the whole singing frog and worm ballet sequence is supposed to be.

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana
NB Toaster Icon

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Pick posted:

toastercles

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
The toaster has three holes

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
I always called Toaster “she” because when I was a kid I was so starved for animated female characters that actually did things that I’d do that for any ambiguously-gendered, woman-voiced character. Then I’d get mad when people used the “wrong” pronouns. Stop calling Calumon a “he”, dang it!!!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Star scream is a lady, fact

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Megatrooooooooon! :j:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Pigbuster posted:

I always called Toaster “she” because when I was a kid I was so starved for animated female characters that actually did things that I’d do that for any ambiguously-gendered, woman-voiced character. Then I’d get mad when people used the “wrong” pronouns. Stop calling Calumon a “he”, dang it!!!

Oh wow same.

In my Heart Piglet and Rabbit will always be ladies.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Pick posted:

Star scream is a lady, fact
in a way, yes :v:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhhXV5mfG6I&hd=1

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

I don't think I've ever seen The Brave Little Toaster properly. I gather there isn't a Blu-Ray release for it, is there? I'm only turning up the DVD.

RBA Starblade posted:

Anything does as long as you have a pair of truck nutz
Finally, the involuntary-muscle-flex-causing central conceit of "Two Trucks" makes sense

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Shadow Hog posted:

I don't think I've ever seen The Brave Little Toaster properly. I gather there isn't a Blu-Ray release for it, is there? I'm only turning up the DVD.
Finally, the involuntary-muscle-flex-causing central conceit of "Two Trucks" makes sense

I’m waiting for Criterion or Scream Factory to put out a definitive edition. Been waiting a long time for that.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
https://youtu.be/FtSd844cI7U

Possibly nsfw trailer for the upcoming Cats motion capture movie

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
This may sound ironic but I’m really creeped out by how they’re all naked

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

I mean, cats aren't exactly well-known for wearing clothing.

It does look really creepy, though, I'll admit, but then I always thought the costumes for Cats looked pretty creepy, so I guess the film is just being true to the musical.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
LMAO JESUS CHRIST

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

I’m losing my loving mind about this. I am slack-jawed and I can’t tell if it’s in horror or delight

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Soup du Jour posted:

I’m losing my loving mind about this. I am slack-jawed and I can’t tell if it’s in horror or delight

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010
This would have looked 10000000 times better if they just did the costumes like the stage version. Just pour that entire CG budget into costume and make-up! It’s like someone knew the original Cats gave me nightmares as a kid and wanted to replicate it for my adult-self too.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Uh sure, I guess we need a new Cats movie in the era of "let's shamelessly remake x property"

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
The new It Chapter 2 trailer came out today and it’s being upstaged in the horror department

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

dirksteadfast posted:

This would have looked 10000000 times better if they just did the costumes like the stage version. Just pour that entire CG budget into costume and make-up! It’s like someone knew the original Cats gave me nightmares as a kid and wanted to replicate it for my adult-self too.

They should all be dressed like James Corden as the cat when he recreated the Opposites Attract video with Paula Abdul imo:

https://youtu.be/bmZTVXJxb9Q

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Soup du Jour posted:

this and also is it just the playback for me being stuttery or do the characters ever so slightly judder occasionally when doing focused, slow movements? it's not just me seeing that, right?

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Hedrigall posted:

https://youtu.be/FtSd844cI7U

Possibly nsfw trailer for the upcoming Cats motion capture movie

I am all for James Corden but oh my god.

This is terrifying.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
finally some loving ART

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
"Adults who watch cartoons are WEIRDOES!" *Flips my scarf over my shoulder and preorders one ticket for Cats*

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Robindaybird posted:

Officially they're all genderless - I know there was an AMA with the BLT creators recently, I've been trying to find it.

In the original short story like 10% of the story length is an encounter with a squirrel husband and wife getting frustrated by their total lack of understanding of gender and their insistence they aren't men or women.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Lmao your cat is a little naked weirdo who sleeps with their butthole in your face