Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I wonder what the original audiences thought 20 odd years ago when after a time skip Goku shows up for the martial arts tournament as a grown rear end man and still sounds exactly like an old lady trying to sound like a little kid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

kefkafloyd posted:

Frank Welker as Fred in Scooby Doo.

Frank Welker as every dog or dinosaur ever in cartoons

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Mamkute posted:

Has anyone else here seen Rio (2011)? It is very good. The dancing and the landscape shots are beautiful.

Its sequel, Blame it on Rio, took a really bizarre turn though

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Queen Combat posted:

But... Vic Mignogna.

They nominate the Latin American Spanish dub, problem solved

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Yeah, it's not even as dumb as it might look, and brings Broly more in line with the theme of the series; that people have to choose to be truly evil.

And that they can be redeemed by being punched really really hard

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Xibanya posted:

I also think what helped Batman Beyond was having Bruce as a main character. If he’d shown up in the first episode to pass the torch and get written off the show would have had more bad will, imo. instead, Batman Beyond not only gave us cool new Batman stories, it let us continue seeing the Batman we loved from TAS grow as a character. So any series that really chucks everything out is going to have a harder battle for acceptance, particularly if it’s a very different take.

Batman Beyond started with old Bruce Wayne getting a heart attack while fighting crime and getting the poo poo beaten out of him so badly he had to resort to threatening his assailants with a gun
If they had written him out, the show would never have survived

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
What's your favorite joke, the baby presenting another baby with a pacifier and telling her to suck it, or the milk bukkake scene

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Pigbuster posted:

At least the Lego movie was something Lego fans could enjoy. The emoji movie's main character is an emoji that doesn't exist ("😒" ≠ "meh"), the romantic interest is an emoji that doesn't exist, and they gave the poo emoji the wrong personality.

Also what the gently caress that the eggplant emoji is one of the least used emojis by teenagers, get it the gently caress together writers

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I'm curious if they'll have Smith mimic Robin Williams or if they'll let him do his own thing

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

I really don't know how, but I've still managed to avoid actually hearing the original let it go song. A billion people referencing it, of course, but not the song from the movie itself

Literally impossible. It’s like saying you’ve never been hit by daylight

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Kilmonger was dressed like Vegeta, there was no way he wouldn't be likeable

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I mean Pokemon red blue had a bit in that one town where you have to fight the ghost of a marowak that was explicitly killed by team rocket

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Dragon ball has the best hell because it's a nice place with friendly and muscular demons where bad souls go to get purified so they can reincarnate into better people
Instead of the whole lovely eternal fire and brimstone thing

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Why are you putting in spoilers something the studio didn’t care to spoiler

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Alhazred posted:

To me that's not really what made the Addams Family great, stuff like this was though:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJE3KDxTbWI

As mentioned, what makes the concept/show/movies so great is the fact that despite being dangerous weirdos, they’re still a highly functional family that sincerely love and support each other

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Where the gently caress do they get off to make such a perfect movie as spider verse, holy gently caress I just watched it and jeeeeez it was fucken good

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Holy loving poo poo the post credits scene oh my God holy gently caress

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Miles’s Peter is pretty much the Spider-Man from Sony’s PlayStation’s Marvel’s Spider-Man sans the obvious endgame spoilers

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Not sure if they have Eggman transforming when he reaches Sonic's world, or he gets fatter and crazier as the movie goes on and by the time he gets there he's obese. Knowing this clusterfuck even the people making the movie can't decide.

Based on leaks, it's the former when it really should've been the latter

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pqX1WgswVU

I just saw this on Youtube and it really utterly bewilders me just how much more boring the live action version is. Every line in the animated version has emphasis and Genie using his powers and in the live action one it just... doesn't.

It’s filmed like a music video. Like I wouldn’t be surprised if it played after the movie ala Wild West and men in black

Also Will Smith sounds auto tuned to all hell
Is Gilbert Gottfried voicing Iago at least?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Can I just reiterate how utterly loving fantastic the modern Mickey Mouse shorts are? They're hilarious and genuinely sweet at times and just so much fun

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

dirksteadfast posted:

They also seem to be largely unsupervised regarding “branding”. Mickey isn’t always a good person, and I will never stop applauding them giving Goofy a redesign so offputting it’s taken until just recently for Disney to even include it on any merchandising.

It's just so energetic. Like the characters never stop moving and morphing and skipping to the beat of the wonderful soundtrack. It's hard to believe that it was made in flash, since flash cartoons tend to be lovely badly posed and tweened models

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Saw Aladdin, it was pretty good. Didn’t see it in English so I didn’t get the full Will Smith experience but he was still funny and charismatic, doing his own Will Smith strut instead of trying to imitate Robin Williams' coke fueled mania and one particular joke landed beautifully and was I think the only time he did the Williams' fourth wall break.
Jafar had zero charisma though. OG Jafar was funny as all hell while still being sinister and menacing but this one is just dour and dull
The new material and characters were fine. The framing device was cute even if predictable or maybe because it was predictable. Overall fairly decent

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

It's an eternal thing that all kids shows are set vaguely a generation ago.

There is a reason that bart simpson is a tv show from 1990 but his favorite shows are a tom and jerry parody and a television clown (and why garfield's least favorite show is a television clown). Tv shows for kids are made by adults, and so virtually every tv show has a weird agonistic touch of being set in the years the author grew up in.

Like every kid's show now has everyone watching sailor moon and using number 2 pencils to take scantron tests in school, because that is what a cartoon writer thinks of as what you do as a kid. Just like every show from the 80s was set in the bizzaro 1950s/60s and you just kinda accepted that as a setting because every show was consistent about it.

Twenty years from now kids on tv will be watching some shrill racist idiot play a video game badly while doing a stupid dance

Also Pixar nobody cares about your specific lived experiences

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
So wreck it wralph 2 is a non ironic emoji movie huh

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Aren't brands great and isn't it totally normal to prepare kids to have a permanent search history that will follow them their entire life and That's Good

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I hate every single one of these gorgeously designed and animated characters with jaw dropping facial animations and expressions

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I actually couldn't finish watching it. Turned it off at the princesses part. It was just unbearable on a visceral level

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Also the entire design and culture of the internet is done by someone with a fairly shaky grasp of the internet, of 2015

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Hey yeah I hadn’t thought that the movie is training kids to think that pop up ads are ok

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Sleeveless posted:

Not since Wall-E disposable plastic cutlery have I seen a movie whose merchandising is at odds with itself as much as Toy Story 4 and the $70 Forky dolls.

The Lorax

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
It really is startling how much better wreck it Ralph 1 is better than Ralph 2. Like it's clever and funny and has a ton of heart compared to the unending atonal ad that is 2 (which I still haven't gotten around to finish watching)
Also guaranteed you'll be able to watch wreck it Ralph 1 twenty years from now barring environmental or nuclear apocalypse and still get it entirely while 2 will have people scratching their heads at 90% of the references

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Is it just me or does Sugar Rush read like it would've gotten a pretty sweet dream cast port

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Pixar already made Inside Out

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Pixar already made Monsters, Incorporated

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Pixar already made the incredibles (because what if superheroes were a bureaucracy)

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
How come How to train your dragon 3 wasn’t very good

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I'm trying to watch Rango but the character design is legit disgusting

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

SomeJazzyRat posted:

I know, it's phenomenal.

Legit though, I will cut you if you diss my hog

The designs ended up growing on me. Rattlesnake Jake is fantastic, the mayor is fantastic, every little critter is so gross but so full of character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Man remember how the incredibles came out and it completely ate the lunch of any fantastic four movie that will ever be made
I say this because I'm currently watching it and it's just such a perfect movie