Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
There’s an Addams Family film coming?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Macaluso posted:

Is Elsa gonna kiss a girl this year

Don't be daft.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Senior Scarybagels posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-C1ys02wlU
Screw Lego Movie 2 I got the playmobil movie coming.

Oh hey, I remember having that blue and orange robot. And surely that's not Chris Pratt in there?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Robindaybird posted:

It's amazing just how loving awful the costumes are in the live action remakes, you would think experienced costumers and a huge budget would give good clothes.

In the live action Addams Family movies? What makes you say that?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

asecondduck posted:

I'm 99% certain his name has always been James Hook, and that's certainly been his name since the early 90's because I distinctly remember giggling about that when I watched the film Hook.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Hedrigall posted:

How to Train Your Dragon 3 has been open in Australia since 3 January (I’m seeing it this Saturday), how come America doesn’t get it until 22 February?

In fact America is nearly the last country to get it, wtf: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2386490/releaseinfo

Sometimes that just happens. Wreck It Ralph 2 doesn’t open in Germany until Jan 24th. The MCU films seem to open in the UK a week before the US. Just weird foibles.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

General Dog posted:

"A girlfriend for Toothless" [Trailer spoiler if anyone is that sensitive] seems like the most boring, cliche sequel subplot they could go with. Bad guy also seems like kind of a rehash of the second movie, but maybe I'll be wrong.

Toothcup is the best crack ship, and clearly the direction the 3rd film should have gone in.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Spider-verse deserves it the most. Incredibles 2 would just be lazy.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

asecondduck posted:

I'm just glad we're probably gonna hear the Spider-Verse soundtrack at some point during the night.

It’s a shame neither the score nor any of the songs from Spider-Verse got a nom.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

asecondduck posted:

I would have liked Spider-Verse to have gotten noms for those but upon reflection, the score was too "different" for the Academy to care for and if it had been nominated for best song it would have been Sunflower and I don't want to live in a world where "Oscar Nominee Post Malone" is a phrase I see everywhere.

Plus All The Stars is absolutely SOTY, even if Kendrick doesn't want my congratulations.

I would also have been happy with Vince Staples’ Home. That’s a good track.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

A lot of the filler episodes where the Dragonball characters are just goofing around and living their regular lives are amazing.

Like that time Goku and Piccolo tried to get their driver's licences, or that time Goku's tractor broke and he went out to find some way to fix it and this ended up happening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8Rh3nfesHo

Isn’t that the deal with Dragonball Super? Someone told me it’s basically all that.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I’m not a fan at all of whatever the weird recent CGI Batman series did to Anarky. Props for having him at all, but at his worst the character’s an antihero, not an outright villain.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Oh man, Beware the Batman was 2014?! I thought it was a couple of years ago at most.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ccs posted:

Hey that part of the show had an awesome Scarecrow design and that great crossover with Superman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owaMoWmD2vE

Oh man, I knew they did a redesign, but I had no idea they'd cast Jeffrey Combs as him too!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Das Boo posted:

sexy face Membrane

Go on...

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Macaluso posted:

I think the worst thing about the new Aladdin is that Jafar is this like handsome gentleman. And not a gross loving creepy older man he's supposed to be.

NuJafar (a) looks about the same age as Aladdin, and (2) is much more attractive.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The sea looked fantastic at the beginning. I’m intrigued.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Shuri is a Disney Princess. :colbert:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Did you know there's a second Angry Birds movie coming? I certainly didn't.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Just imagine how marginally watchable Solo would have been if Lucasfilm had some goddamn faith in their directors.

I was literally thinking about that this morning. I’d love to see their cut of it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

FronzelNeekburm posted:

The last I recall seeing them was when they all get thunderstruck.

Buddy :smith:

Still no word on a season 2.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Here’s a question. I watched the Teen Titans Go! ‘The Night Begins to Shine’ four-parter, which does the ‘post-apocalyptic, deserted landscapes, motorbikes, synthrock, magic has come back’ thing (which firmly cements the thing of this show not really being aimed at the kid demographic at all).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR131fc2pZY

I’m also a big fan of the American Dad episode ‘Rapture’s Delight’ which uses a lot of the same imagery. But what’s the basis for this shared imagery? Is it just an amalgamation of things people like with no one reference source?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

ThermoPhysical posted:

Also, the Walmart exclusive figure is super awful and not worth the extra $5. The figures for this movie have been pretty terrible anyway...

Had to go look this up. It’s not too bad. It’s the closest likeness of movie Miles that’s out, which is pretty sad, honestly. I’m going to be picking up the 4K Blu-ray which doesn’t have any of these fancy add-ons. :saddowns:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Mysterious Cities of Gold! :toot:

...oh, wait...

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Darth TNT posted:

Mysterious cities of Gold is one of those cartoons I want to see again and simultaneously don't want to see again. There's no way it can live up to beautiful memories I have of watching it while I was young.

Did you know there’s new seasons of it? They’ve gone to Asia now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vNQfbXDSbY

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

e: usually Manga's calls in this regard were better, though. they also dubbed goon favorite Cyber City Oedo 808, and replaced the entire score with a way more electronic (and frankly cooler-sounding) one.

Holy poo poo, thank you! I’ve been trying to find out what anime I saw late at night on some UK channel decades ago for forever, and with no clue as to a possible title.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

So is this a trailer for the card game or an actual film? It's lazily borrowed a couple of tropes from other trailers, including the recent annoying favourite: 'slow, ponderous piano version of a popular song', along with 'trailer in reverse to show where this all started'.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

ungulateman posted:

Just for the card game.

I'm definitely familiar with the former trope, but not the latter; do you have any examples?

The one that comes immediately to mind is the first Dead Island trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZqrG1bdGtg

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

The movie is based pretty directly on the game. The game is even set in fantasy pokemon chicago-newyork,

But very obviously filmed in London (the trailers have very visible Transport for London logos everywhere, as well as black cabs and red double deckers). They could have tidied that up a little bit better.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Master Twig posted:

I don't remember what podcast it was, but I was listening to one about how scenes in alleyways are a trope for movies and tv that take place in New York, but the actual city has like, 2 alleys in the entire city.

Now, Chicago on the other hand... Tons of alleys all over the place, and every single one looks like the Waynes' crime scene.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

wdarkk posted:

I feel like I haven't seen any cgi features from Japan before that looked remotely good (in fact, I'm struggling to remember any cgi features from Japan). Is this a new thing or have I just not heard of them?

Would Final Fantasy: Spirits Within count? Definitely Vexille though.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Spirits Within dipped in and out of the uncanny valley, but I remember thinking some shots were incredibly impressive and definitely passed for legit human.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Sinners Sandwich posted:

First Teaser for the Adam's Family

https://youtu.be/4Z5VUf5x2RY

I'm really not a fan of the animation but can appreciate Wensday's noose braids

The voice acting isn’t great, like Wednesday and Morticia both sound very flat at points. It’s a shame this is animation, because I’d much rather see Charlize and Oscar do the same parts as live action. She would tower above him, and he’d bring across his great charisma on screen far better.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Obviously there’s been a surplus of people posting art from Disney’s Hunchback. I’m glad so much of Notre Dame has survived, including all 3 of the rose windows.

https://twitter.com/wardomatic/status/1117991858783887361

https://twitter.com/emma_chapple/status/1117864533152993281

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Alex Hirsch is back in the conspiracy cartoons!

https://twitter.com/_alexhirsch/status/1120787686925537280

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Moon Atari posted:

I saw Wonder Park. It is was pretty to look at in places (mainly the brief forest and overgrown park scenes) but the writing absolutely blows. The premise and setting is something that could have been polished up into a good story but it makes all the wrong choices.

What’s the plot? The trailer didn’t really give anything away other than ‘I’d love a theme park, ok now I’ve got one.’

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Video game Miles is very weird because he’s virtually training to be Spider-Man before he even gets bitten. Both he and Peter seem to act like it’s an inevitable thing that’s going to happen or something.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Tom & Jerry in 60fps looks unnerving.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The whole Global Village Coffeehouse aesthetic was so good, and I honestly miss it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Saw Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind for the first time ever tonight (and in a cinema no less). Really very good. You can see a lot of the Ghibli style starting out here, like Kurotowa totally looks like Count Cagliostro.