Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Sure is! Not much has been released other than a promo image, though:

E: Also the voice cast:

Oscar Isaac would have been a fun live action Gomez.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Moon Atari posted:

In order to save the main girl's life they make a decision that leaves Tokyo permanently and completely flooded, with an implication that they could undo it if she gave up her life again. They choose not and decide it's completely worth it and it doesn't matter anyway (with one character telling them it is egocentric to think they caused the weather and another reiterating that Tokyo used to be a bay anyway). I really can't help but see this as a metaphor for climate change with the moral being that you should live selfishly. There are some real suss lines in there, things along the lines of "It doesn't matter so long as we can keep living like this".

This is just the ending to the game Life is Strange, lol.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Casper was pretty good and I bet it holds up well.

Who the hell had the awful idea to give Saban the follow ups though?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Larryb posted:

I seem to remember the cartoon they made based on the movie story being ok though.

I had forgotten about the cartoon. I remember enjoying it pretty well.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

fatherboxx posted:

god drat I hate Kuvshinov's style so much

I think Kuvshinov's style is fine, but holy poo poo it's the absolute wrong choice for Ghost in the Shell.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

It's a series?

I figured this was going to be like, a short movie or special or something. What a weird thing to try and turn into a series.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

First pictures from Scoob! Trailer coming on Monday.

https://twitter.com/Fandango/status/1192532351999283200

It doesn't look too bad. The shot of young Shaggy and Scooby is kind of adorable. :3:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

This one is from THIS YEAR.

https://youtu.be/aZAC39maTR8

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

Monster Hunter isn't in a modern setting. They confirmed that modern soldiers get trapped in Monster Hunter world and find out that their modern equipment doesn't do poo poo to the monsters. The first few screenshots gave a bad impression.

To be fair, that's still loving stupid.

Just like...if you're going to make a Monster Hunter movie, make a fuckin' Monster Hunter movie. Don't add this real world crap that no one wants.

Vandar fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Nov 12, 2019

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Macaluso posted:

Also trailer number 2 for Trolls 2. I think this movie looks like just a good ol' time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyTg7RIn-X8

Are the McElroy Brothers in this one?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Macaluso posted:

Man I know it's Disney but that sounds like reaching to me

I could kind of hear Let It Go but at the same time it sounded similar to Erasure's Always to me so :shrug:.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Arthur is the longest running children's animated show in the US and the second longest running animated show in the US behind the Simpsons. It's been on TV for 23 seasons and is currently renewed for up to 25.

It kind of hits me as weird that it's been around that long but I guess it's offensive and keeps a constant stream of viewers for PBS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I used to like Pixar a whole bunch it feels like they've been resting on their laurels for a long time now.

It doesn't look like that's going to change anytime soon either. Onward looks pretty soulless to me and I was interested in Soul right up until the twist of the trailer. Ugh.

Vandar fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Dec 1, 2019