Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
Has anyone else here seen Rio (2011)? It is very good. The dancing and the landscape shots are beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018

Shadow Hog posted:

It was a bold decision to release the sequel to a 2011 film in 1984, I must say.

I know there is a Rio 2, but I probably won't seek it out because introducing kids rarely works out for sequels.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018

Samuel Clemens posted:

Bilby isn't nominated for Best Animated Short, it was only part of the shortlist. The nominees are:

Animal Behaviour
Bao
Late Afternoon
One Small Step
Weekends

Incidentally, if someone knows whether Animal Behaviour is available to watch online, please let me know.

https://www.nfb.ca/film/animal_behaviour/?animation-hp_en=feature_1
:canada:

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I heard there's literally no Final Fantasy characters in it, confirm/deny

There are cameos and references, but no speaking roles.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
Wow, I was not expecting Pirates! Band of Misfits! to end with [spoiler] 19th century pizza gate being real. [spoiler]

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
A couple of days ago I saw Mary and the Witch's Flower and it just isn't very good.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018

Andorra posted:

A friend of mine is asking about an animated character he remembers seeing possibly on a pog, so I figure this might be a good place to ask. The character had long thick blonde hair and half his face was a metal skull. Sound familiar to anybody?

Hallow Ichigo from Bleach?

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
We're back! A Dinosaur's Story is a dinosaur movie where none of the dinosaurs eat anyone. The Ravens do (eat people) because they do not need to be friends with humans.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018

Robindaybird posted:

Honestly, if anything the Hans twist was a little too subtle - I'm not sure if I would've picked up the signs at all on a first watch if I hadn't already known the twist.

My issue with the movie is more the pacing - it's front-loaded with songs, with only the really forgettable and ill-timed troll song past the half-way mark, and makes the trolls look like selfish pricks for being more concern about Kristoff getting hitched than the fact the "Bride" might end up dropping dead any time if she doesn't see the elder Right Now.

Hans needed a chance to sing about his conflicted feelings.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
Doctor Facilier is really cool and stylish, and is the best part of Princess and the Frog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
Friends of animation, please watch The Iron Giant (1999). It is emotionally moving and my new favourite movie right now.