Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Barudak posted:

Im gonna watch the Addams Family movie and if at any moment I can even ponder that the Addams have anything but deep and unconditional love for each other stuido executives start dying, you hear me coppers?!?

Seriously. The Addams Family has the most wholesome, healthy family dynamic to ever appear on television. They love and support each other. Even when they disagree, they do it with care and respect. The only other family that comes close is the Huxtables from the Cosby show, but, uh, that's a bit tainted nowadays.

I've posted it before, but I have literally asked myself "What would Gomez do?" when trying to sort out a tough familial situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

LeJackal posted:

I'm just quoting you to say that Mask of the Phantasm is probably the best portrayal of Batman in any medium.

I agree with that "probably," but I'll just say it's flat-out the best portrayal of Bruce Wayne.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I have a simple rule, when it comes to Sonic.

Does anyone other than Eggman/Robotnik have even one single line of dialogue? If yes, it's gonna be terrible. If no, it might be OK.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Sinners Sandwich posted:

First Teaser for the Adam's Family

https://youtu.be/4Z5VUf5x2RY

I'm really not a fan of the animation but can appreciate Wensday's noose braids

I'm tentatively OK with this. The key to the Addams Family is, well, the Addams family. The focus should be on their love for one another despite whatever adversity comes their way. There's a lot of that in the trailer. It gives me hope.

I'm a huge, huge, huge fan of the original TV show. The first Raul Julia movie is pretty good, too, but the TV show is my fave.

The original TV series always portrayed the Addamses as the best people. Gomez was forever giving money to some cause. The parents loved each other with a passion and were fiercely supportive of their children. The kids were kids--and got up to antics--but they were never discouraged from being who they wanted to be. Even the weird uncle and mother-in-law were treated with love and respect, something you almost never see in a modern sitcom. Everyone in the family is loved and supported for who they are. Their individual quirks are entirely unremarkable to the core cast of characters.

There's no sense of "I'll love you no matter how weird you are." There are no conditional statements or qualifiers. It's just full blown love and support at all times. Compare that with the "normal" people--with their greed and their judgement--who are always the villains.

The show is a master-class of inclusiveness. Many people never look beyond the trappings--the weirdness--to the underlying message, but they should. This show is just amazing, even more so because it was originally aired during an era of massive civil unrest. I just love it to pieces.

I hope this film doesn't screw it up. I can deal with cheesy, the Raul Julia movie was cheesy, but I will declare it an utter failure if they mess with the underlying message of inclusiveness and love. The trailer sets the right tone, so far.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Phylodox posted:

I mean...Christina Ricci is at least as iconic in this, and she was eleven.

Absolutely. The movie had a stellar cast.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I've seen Spider-Verse six times, and I saw something new every time except the sixth.

My favorite: The subway trains are full of people, even when they're way in the background. Their Stan Lee model is in most of them. He's usually in there, somewhere. It's like playing Where's Waldo, except it's Stan.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Macaluso posted:

Did anyone here ever see Monster Trucks? It looked like a really endearing fun kids movie, but I never got around to watching it

It's a good bad movie. It's charming and simple and has the dumbest premise, but it knows it's dumb. It's not ashamed of it. It just rolls with things, which is the real secret (imo) for making a good bad movie.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

LeJackal posted:

Well, she's super grounded. She's just a rich lady that doesn't see a problem in killing a bunch of puppies for a coat. Thats the kind of realistic 'evil' you see everyday on the business page.

Cruella and Gaston are the two Disney villains I hate most, precisely because they embody the kind of everyday, banal villainy that exists throughout the world.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

One Punch Man has a boatload of that supers-doing-mundane-things stuff.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

dirksteadfast posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi4LMpSDccc

Well then. When I heard “sequel to Frozen” I was not anticipating “visually striking fantasy epic”, but color me pleasantly surprised.

Yeah that looks pretty sweet.

Also, DOOM Eternal comes out on the same day. I think I'll take the day off, catch an early show of Frozen, and then RIP AND TEAR until it is done.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Pick posted:

Same, but I also maintain the oft-challenged opinion that Frozen is great and I like it.

I'm with you.

On retrospect I think Tangled is a better, tighter story, but Frozen has this X-Factor that Tangled lacks. And it's not just the song.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Knew what this was before I clicked. I love this vid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Has anyone seen the new Addams Family?

I am a huge Addams Family fan and I'm so scared they'll gently caress up the family dynamic. I can take the movie being bad as long as they get the family right.