Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Ultra Carp
I paid $80 for your special edition rum back in September, the least you could do is make the bottle glass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Sir this is McDonalds. I don't think you are allowed to drink alcoholic beverages in here, please leave or I'll call the police.

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
sir this is a wendy's bathroom

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
*adds vim fuego to ‘list of goons to fleece for 20 bucks a month somehow’*

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Vim Fuego posted:

I paid $80 for your special edition rum back in September, the least you could do is make the bottle glass.

GAMERS!!!!!!!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

What the gently caress am I looking at??? You BASTARD

Overnight Blaze
Mar 7, 2017

powerful self-own

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

I can't wait until all video game companies try to reel in their aging loser demographic with cheap booze in ugly plastic containers. Pikachu vodka, anyone?

ArchNemesis
Jun 27, 2007
College Slice
thanks for your eventual contribution to the giant floating garbage patch in the ocean, I guess

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Is that actual rum. Is it like Crystal Head where it's some sort of celebrity or company endorsed liquor that costs a ton but tastes like fifteen dollar swill? Answer moron!

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Drink the whole bottle in less then an hour and real life will become a bethesda game

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Crystal head vodka has the benefit of having a cool skull on your bookshelf (that you can buy for a dollar on Alibaba)

This is only good for self owning.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Colonel Cancer posted:

Crystal head vodka has the benefit of having a cool skull on your bookshelf (that you can buy for a dollar on Alibaba)

This is only good for self owning.

I got these skulls full of tequila from a company called Kah or something, they were cheaper than Crystal Head, actually tasted pretty good, and were hand painted to look like sugar skulls. They are sick and you should consider upgrading your bookshelf skull with one of those.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Ultra Carp
It has an outer shell of plastic and a regular old glass bottle inside. Still an absolute scam and Bethesda should be ashamed but what can ya do. They know people buy it solely for the bottle yet pull this kinda crap

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Hmm these 4 eyes loser programmers can't make a game that I'd want to play while sober... I know! Let's order some booze from a video game company!!

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

How are they even getting the rum from the video game into real life?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Remember Tron? Technology has gone a long way in 40 years :colbert:

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

oh please tell me the plastic they used is vinyl I'm so close

JebanyPedal posted:

Is that actual rum. Is it like Crystal Head where it's some sort of celebrity or company endorsed liquor that costs a ton but tastes like fifteen dollar swill? Answer moron!

From what I've read, it's actual rum in the same way that Trump's an actual president; I mean...yeah, technically, but it leaks and dribbles from its dumb fat lips, you wouldn't want it in your mouth (and let's face it, that has never been a factor in people's decision making in regards to it), and it's had colouring added to look better than it is - to questionable success at best - but nobody who wasn't fooled before has gotten sucked in on that factor because duh.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Wizzanthos posted:

powerful CRITICAL self-own

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
It probably really started with FO4, but FO76 feels like the time Fallout become more a brand than a game. I don't think I'd seen anything outside of some of the Nintendo-published games, Minecraft and some of the hugely successful indie games produce the amount of merchandising swag.

In the end, they probably didn't NEED FO76 the video game. FO76 could have been CCG and they still probably would have sold as much of the other stuff.

sgbyou
Feb 3, 2005

I'm just a shadow in the light you leave behind.

more like bugthesda

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
bethesda but the da is a guy saying 'duh' and the guy is the person playing the game

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

JebanyPedal posted:

I got these skulls full of tequila from a company called Kah or something, they were cheaper than Crystal Head, actually tasted pretty good, and were hand painted to look like sugar skulls. They are sick and you should consider upgrading your bookshelf skull with one of those.

Yeah sure as an adult I will most definitly put a tequila skull bottle on my bookshelf next to my artisinal bong and vintage xbox games.

Jesus gently caress buy some nice porcelain dogs/angels or something at goodwill and put that on your bookshelf, or books, or maybe those nude photos of your parents from the 60/70s, thats always a good conversation starter.

Edit: Same goes for OP, have fun with your lovely slave made video games whiskey bottle.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Porcelain dogs/angels are funkopoops for mentally ill boomers though.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

Colonel Cancer posted:

Porcelain dogs/angels are funkopoops for mentally ill boomers though.

Well yeah, still better than a skull. I mean a skull, yeah sure if I was some mongolian warlord back in the days or lived in some other context where skull on my shelf would make sense. I get that it's fake, but these dear skull-on-shelf people, what are they trying to convey? A fascination with death?

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Colonel Cancer posted:

Remember Tron? Technology has gone a long way in 40 years :colbert:

It's aged well. But so do most Daft Punk albums.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
How bad does it taste op you sucker

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Imagine not only buying this but posting about it lmao

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Being mad at Bethesda cheaping out is like being mad that your dollar store bought electronics are janky and break easy.

Only if you paid the price for an actual quality product.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

That doesn't even look like plastic graded to keep food in. Looks it's made from a bunch of melted plastic/wax toys.

And you bought it.

Animax
Nov 7, 2015
80$ of grade A plastics right there.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

The Human Crouton posted:

That doesn't even look like plastic graded to keep food in. Looks it's made from a bunch of melted plastic/wax toys.

And you bought it.

you think Bethesda is going to pay for food grade plastic? Todd Howard isn't made of money. They used a standard off the shelf glass bottle and put a cheap plastic case around it lol

It's like they hate fallout and want it to die.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

That's just an enclosure, you'll find the actual bottle inside.

Not joking.

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012
bottle of rum: $20
bottle of rum BUT FALLOUT: $80

lol

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I love rum and I love fallout but man I can never justify getting fallout rum

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

lalaland posted:

bottle of rum: $20
bottle of rum BUT FALLOUT: $80

lol

once again Bethesda tricks nerds into paying $60 for a worthless piece of plastic

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

no one cares about your nerd rum.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Op you better drink some and tell us how it is

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Rutibex posted:

you think Bethesda is going to pay for food grade plastic? Todd Howard isn't made of money. They used a standard off the shelf glass bottle and put a cheap plastic case around it lol

It's like they hate fallout and want it to die.

Fallout other than New Vegas is trash since Bethesda started making them so that would be good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
bethesda? more like bethesnyet, imo