Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Paracelsus posted:

I got bored with Shinji moping so I skipped a bunch, why is he choking some redhead in front of an orange lake and a giant face?

This isn't Neon Genesis Evangelion thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Whoosh!

For content: speaking of NGE, I liked the use of the Evangelion pastiche when going over hedgehog's dilemma.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Really enjoyed the kaguya chan gag. Some peak Disco Elysium.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
"The real me is cold and horrible to everyone and they all hate me."

Nat20: For some reason I like this Kaguya way more.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Dang, I was hoping they would go into the Christmas party for the festival organizers, that's was where the real good poo poo is. I think I stopped reading the manga right after this because season 2 was announced.

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion
I’m okay with them skipping over the Ishigami stuff because I didn’t like most of it in the manga. What I’m not okay with is skipping Maki’s Indian vacation. The author didn’t take a Totally Legitimate Research Trip to India just so they could cut it for the anime.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
I mean the manga also skipped both of those things and then circled back later.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
a good adaption, but it was a bit disappointing to see them skip some good gags to get to the end. understandable though

i liked "love is show" and the bit with shirogane and kaguya dancing was great. seeing the metaphorical distance between them in all the other intros completely gone was a little feel good moment

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
I didn't really like the theme song this time. Lacked the ear worminess of daddy daddy doo for sure.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Yawgmoft posted:

I mean the manga also skipped both of those things and then circled back later.

Could be the case, it's been so long since reading it I can't remember. I think I stopped when Ishigami decides to be Miko's caretaker after she breaks her leg.

I know absolutely nothing about anything past that point, but (speculation) the hack fraud way to end the story that I would still absolutely be completely happy with is Shirogane and Kaguya wrapping up their plotline and graduate, Miko gets elected president and insists on Ishigami becoming VP (because he's so good with finances, you see), and it's implied that what's old is new again with another pair of stupid, stupid people.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Sydin posted:

Right so I've watched the movie episodes and as somebody who's adored this series from the word go: this movie loving sucks. This whole plot arc loving sucks. Shirogane and Kaguya finally confessed and admitted they love one another. We absolutely did not need this return to the status quo. Just have the goddamn courage to move the story onward with them in a relationship without having to spin the wheels for another eternity for the most arbitrary reasons.

Like I'm sorry, I really was 100% with this series up till now, but this is just terrible and lazy. I can't even enjoy the comedy bits because the premise is so hosed. I recently started reading You and I are Polar Opposites, and I appreciate just how much it's willing to hook the main characters up ASAP and actually explore the facets of that relationship, both good and bad. This Kaguya arc by contrast just feels like more status quo for the sake of status quo even after what should have been a major development that moves the story forward. I ended up skipping through a bunch of it because I have zero goddamn patience for more will-they-wont-they shenanigans after the main couple should have by all accounts already hooked up. I really hope this is not indicative of how the rest of the story is because this was absolutely loving awful.

A little late but I'm here to laugh at you and mock you relentlessly.

The adaptation of this arc was everything I wanted it to be.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

THIS IS HAYASAK AI WITH FLEX SEAL

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Editing because my meta comment on posts is too close to a spoiler for my liking.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
My story on the movie is I learned about the movie airing where I live on the day after it stopped airing, which made me so upset that blood shot out of my eyes, so I am very happy I finally got to see the movie cut up into some episodes.

I rewatched the whole thing to prepare for the new stuff, since I love this show and it's cast of idiots. It really gets me right in my heart as well as, I think, being the hardest I've ever laughed at any anime I ever watched, the movie is funny 40 seconds is my second favourite joke in the whole story but definitely leans more into making me cry. This arc is kind of a weird choice for a movie, I think, in that it's mostly the falling action after building up to the incredible climax of the story so far with the confession. But I really have grown to dislike romance stories where the confession happening then the couple getting together is treated as the end, so seeing more after the end of season 3 is very welcome even though this movie is just the lead up to them actually getting together.

Now begins the long wait until the movie dub then finally season 4. There's some great stuff coming up and I can't wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/kokorikopi/status/1669531300720459777?t=Ez4ndE0loXHSBY6ZR7gGIA&s=19

I may need to rewatch Season 3 with the dismuke dub. Think it'll be uploaded or just a hone release option? The fill-in guy was fine but Aaron has his own manic charm.