Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msLgrxsCTlw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
drat, that's some high level play.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Not a smooth fit, but I think it has its merits.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Does it really count when that is pretty much exactly what the OP is going for in the first place?

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!
Man, if episode 2 can't convince you the narrator is solid you've got no taste.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Oh man

The ED. The EEEEEEDDDDD. So good.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

El Burbo posted:

Oh man

SO GOOD. They really are having a lot of fun animating this show.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Okay, they got me in the first 30 seconds with the meta speedup joke

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

El Burbo posted:

Oh man

Dayumn! This was a great episode!

And yes. That ED is sooooo good.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Hahaha that was fun. ED out of nowhere. It even kind of adapts a few panels out of Chapter 15 since I presume we won't be seeing it now.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
https://twitter.com/anime_kaguya/status/1089175125105303553
In case you want to rewatch it creditless and with JP subs

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I also had to go back to see that they actually did include a yeti for a few frames.

Edit: somebody posted the screen cap:

Agronox fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jan 26, 2019

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Agronox posted:

I also had to go back to see that they actually did include a yeti for a few frames.

Whoa, so they did!

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
Holy poo poo. I'd like to see the process for how that ED was animated.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

El Burbo posted:

Oh man

:emptyquote:

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

That ED was amazing. The skirt and hair make me think the entire thing is CG, not because of any fault, but because it's too dynamically accurate to be estimated. If so, that is by far the most "realistic" CG anime I have ever seen.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
It's apparently handdrawn animation via rotoscope over CG. That's just nuts.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

El Burbo posted:

Oh man

Rare that we have the clear AOTY decided 3 weeks into the new year.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

CHIKA CHIKA CHIKA

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
16 MINUTES LATER is the first thing this season to get a full belly laugh out of me. Chika is such a good friend.

And then she goes on to dumpster every other ED this season

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

ChronoReverse posted:

Same, I was ready to complain about the intro being in every single episode when it happened.
And echoing what everyone else has already said: holy poo poo that's a good ED.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
That was really great. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought the ED was exceptional.

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

I think that's the best ED I've seen in years

ChronoReverse posted:

It's apparently handdrawn animation via rotoscope over CG. That's just nuts.

I want to see who they rotoscoped for it!

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Super Jay Mann posted:

Rare that we have the clear AOTY decided 3 weeks into the new year.

AOAT more likely!

But honestly, Kaguya is setting the bar really high so early on; I'm scared!

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

When did you have your "first time"?
-High School
-After High School
-Haven't had a first time

https://twitter.com/anime_kaguya/status/1089169278710890499

The results may shock you! Or not!

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Nice.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I've been watching this, I like it.

The thing that gets me the most is at least three episodes in, is that, Shirogane is just.. Hilariously mundane in comparison. His focus on 11th dimensional chess vs himself to avoid being the one to confessing to Kaguya first is hilarious in comparison to just how all out Kaguya goes in turn. She puts so much more effort into trying to get him to be the one to confess to her first and its more amusing when it backfires because of just how normal Shirogane seems in comparison.

Or at least that's what it seems like that Kaguya has basically initiated the three main "encounters" in the battle of wits so far.

Edit: Bah! vvvv

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jan 26, 2019

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Raenir Salazar posted:

The thing that gets me the most is at least three episodes in, is that, Kurogane is just.. Hilariously mundane in comparison. His focus on 11th dimensional chess vs himself to avoid being the one to confessing to Kaguya first is hilarious in comparison to just how all out Kaguya goes in turn. She puts so much more effort into trying to get him to be the one to confess to her first and its more amusing when it backfires because of just how normal Kurogane seems in comparison.

Or at least that's what it seems like that Kaguya has basically initiated the three main "encounters" in the battle of wits so far.

Shirogane, white not black.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Raenir Salazar posted:

in comparison to just how all out Kaguya goes in turn. She puts so much more effort into trying to get him to be the one to confess to her first and its more amusing when it backfires because of just how normal Shirogane seems in comparison.

Well, the title really translates to "Kaguya want's to make [them/him] confess", so it makes sense that she's taking the initiative.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

ChronoReverse posted:

Ironically I missed that joke because I skipped ahead before it happened.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!

Clarste posted:

Ironically I missed that joke because I skipped ahead before it happened.

:same:
Skip all OPs
but not this ED, for once.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Lyrics for the ending song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Urra1HmZGgw

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Theyv'e been adapting most a few of the volume extras, but here's one they didn't do from todays episode

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

im glad they didn't censor out the joke about fujiwara having sex with a dog

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

The thing that gets me the most is at least three episodes in, is that, Shirogane is just.. Hilariously mundane in comparison. His focus on 11th dimensional chess vs himself to avoid being the one to confessing to Kaguya first is hilarious in comparison to just how all out Kaguya goes in turn. She puts so much more effort into trying to get him to be the one to confess to her first and its more amusing when it backfires because of just how normal Shirogane seems in comparison.

Edit: Bah! vvvv

That reminds me, the first time I read it, it reminded me of Teasing Master Takagi-san and mangas with a similiar premise, and just when the expected set-up for Kaguya to get a win is happening, WHAMMO! Fujiwara completely screws over both of their carefully laid strategies and results in a mutual defeat for both of them! :allears:

Also, considering their characters, I think it makes sense that Kaguya is the one to go on the offensive.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
ED was good. Episode as well naturally.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
They had to have rotoscoped that ED right? Great as it was, it might have given me some Flowers of Evil flashbacks...

This whole episode was absolutely amazing. The yeti was great, the western duel was great, Chika having her first time with a dog was great. It just keeps getting better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh god, they're so smart and such collosal idiots

e: holy poo poo, this ED