Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
in a more conventional series fujiwara would be constantly dragging the show back into the status quo but instead in a war of mad kings and gods she is a necessary trickster hero who lays waste their best laid plans returns their humanity

she doesnt even need to be in the room look how mad shinomiya got when she imagined kaichou and fujiwara together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
agree with chika: i would much rather have ramen than egyptian food, which is notorious for how fatty it is

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
This show looks cheaper than ever and despite that the directing has been absolutely phenomenal. It hit peak Monogatari in the middle scene, but even the scenes before that were very Monogatari.

...wait crap, I had completely forgotten that this was directed by the same dude who directed Rakugo Shinjuu and Sankarea. Of course, he was Shaft alumni who made DEEN stuff look good.

Saagonsa posted:

I will say that it's pretty disappointing that funi didn't even try to translate Iino's flier at all.

I found this hopefully it helps.

Yeah she doesn't have a chance, she doesn't pair her ideals of brutal hierarchy with the cruel bullying joy, unlike modern movements with traction. She's a throwback to Taisho/early Showa ideals.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I mean the place was originally set up for the hyperelite to lord it over the peasants. But at some point, a power shift occurred in the background, and the as people graduated out, the newcomers were not as pathologically obsessed with brutal hierarchy as the old guard. The Iino types are a hard core minority within the broader body, the majority of them aren't cloistered from the general public and would prefer more relaxed standards of behavior. Well, the Shinomiya clan would have fit neatly into the old system, found common ground with Iino, but then Shirogane happened.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/aniplexUSA/status/1260765308102619136

You know, that was kind of a mediocre joke, that dates the episode to this trying time, and would age poorly. But it wasn't a huge deal.

But for some reason it pissed off enough people that they went back and changed it and probably made some poor guy making pennies on the dollar get disciplined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
The key thing is whoever's doing the episode direction is having so much fun that we can't help but do so too.