Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Not using "How Cute" is sacrilege of the highest order, murder all Crunchyroll employees :goonsay:

Other than that, this show is perfection and is the Shaft adaptation I always wanted despite it not actually being Shaft. Kaguya's VA is great, Shirogane's VA is great, Fujiwara is great, everything is great.

It's just great. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Can Of Worms posted:

Taken from reddit:

See Sakurai, this is what happens when you put too many Fire Emblem characters in Smash. :colbert:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Revalis Enai posted:

Oh my god the narrator needs to STFU. There's more narration in this episode than a whole drat season of Kaiji.
Beyond that, the show is okay so far.

Can't handle an anime with a greek chorus and insist that it be removed for your own convenience?

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

The third segment was absolutely brilliant and Aoi Koga's performance when behind the door listening to two stupid boys talk was just magical :allears:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

This is so Shaft it hurts.

EDIT - Actually to be more specific it's so Hidamari Sketch it hurts.

Super Jay Mann fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jan 20, 2019

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

El Burbo posted:

Oh man

The ED. The EEEEEEDDDDD. So good.

Rare that we have the clear AOTY decided 3 weeks into the new year.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Comme c'est mignon

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

SAY HOOOO

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

:emptyquote:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

El Burbo posted:

Hello there

Just two lovebirds fighting against this corrupt society of ours, nothing to see here.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Fujimama segment was incredible and everything I wanted it to be and then some.

And it just gets better from there :allears:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Kaguya practicing the book answers with Hayasaka and the mannequins made me burst out in laughter. Same with the dump truck of flowers dumping on Kaguya

I love these flourishes the anime staff adds to already hilarious stories :allears:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I know I shouldn't feel bad for not knowing who he was until recently cause, you know, I'm not Japanese, but I do cause he looks and sounds like the coolest man alive. :allears:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

The white background while Ishigami was going full creepy otaku about Kaguya slowly filling in with different elements of the council room until angered Kaguya shows up next to last was the perfect way to do that scene :allears:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Mulderman posted:

Filthy cheater.

Get called out for cheating. Immediately cheat again in a different way. The stones on this girl.

Truly the daughter of a politician. :allears:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Captain Cappy posted:

Chika's character feels like its taken a complete 180 these past two episodes.

She's the incarnation of chaos.

Nothing unusual about chaos being chaotic :v:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

We need season 2 cause we need animated Iino

Adaptation was about as close to perfect as you can get, 10/10.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Episode 1 owns owns, and then owns some more.

OP also owns.

Sugoroku game adaptation killed me.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Grouchio posted:

GIFS I NEED GIFS

1. Subject F Walking her Dog
2. Student Council as Trains
3. *gimme a moment*

4. Every cut of Kashiwagi being smug

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Music video for the (presumably) full version of the OP is out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Od7QCsyqkE

It is absolutely perfect :allears:

For real though attaching this guy to Kaguya was the most galaxy brain move this production came up with.

Super Jay Mann fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Apr 13, 2020

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

This show really hit the ground running, episode owns. Court segment was the best :allears:

Nitrousoxide posted:

Wait, did they flip the defense and prosecutor sides from Phoenix Wright? Which sides do they go on in Japan?

They're in the right spots, the difference is those games always show the lawyers from the Judge's POV while here it's all from Kaguya's (the witness stand's) POV.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Star-gazing segment was done literally perfectly.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Holy cow this was the best episode this season so far. Pretty much a 100% elevation from the original manga chapters.

"Haysaca" was done perfectly and big :lol: at Hatakeyama literally recreating the first scene of Araragi and Hanekawa in Bakemonogatari when Shirogane was talking to Fujiwara.

Oh and Iino showed up too I guess. Just her intro but it was done super good too.

Super Jay Mann fucked around with this message at 17:53 on May 2, 2020

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

This caught me off-guard hard.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Also the last line of the episode said that Shirogane's lead grew even wider, so it's safe to assume many of her poll results were either name recognition or perhaps anti-Shirogane votes (Fuji did say the whole "impure" thing was still a hangup for many students) until they took a look at her policies and decided "Oh hell naw :stonk: "

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Show continues to own Fuji teaching Shirogane again was clearly the best part, except not even clearly cause the entire Kashiwagi-Kaguya segment happened and it was just as amazing :allears:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Man the election chapters were really elevated by the voice acting. Miyu Tomita as Iino was definitely the right choice. You really feel for Iino as she's standing up there not knowing what to do before Prez shows up :(

Also Hayasaka's app showing Kaguya's mental condition had me in stitches.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

OP2 is definitely better, Love Dramatic is a good tune but Daddy Daddy Do is astonishingly addictive in a way the first OP never was.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Wark Say posted:

They should have the pres sing a song!

It'll be fine, he's only "kinda" bad.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

New episode

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Marine Kart looks like a fun game, when does it come out? :v:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

That whole fighting game sequence :aaaaa:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Tenebrais posted:

She's just holding out for a hero!

I think that episode brings Iino up to my favourite, I love her imagination.

Incidentally, that segment was evidently making a direct reference to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooeRrFk26fo

As if the extremely obvious musical reference needed to be more explicit.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Papa Shirogane is the absolute best this episode :allears:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Spiritus Nox posted:

The voice acting has been great for the show's entire run, but I feel like it was in especially good form today.

Konomi Kohara in particular's carving out a spot on my list of favorite VAs over the past year or two. Been an absolute delight here as Chika and as Machikado Mazoku's Shamiko.

She was pretty great as Kasumi in Asobi Asobase as well.

She's definitely a rising star.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Fire Ogino into the drat sun

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Excellent ending to an excellent show, season 3 when?

Season 3 maybe soon? :getin:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I'm not going to admit being excited until someone else admits it first.

How cute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Why are we talking about a future manga chapter that won’t even be in this season in the anime thread? :confused: