Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Paracelsus posted:

Kaguya really wants Shirogane's weiner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
The narrator is the second best part behind Kaguya's hilarious hypocrisy

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Haha, I love the bit with the president falsetto voicing the girls and just giving up on the third using his almost normal voice.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

ViggyNash posted:

The thing I love most about this show so far is that despite trying to sell themselves as mind-gaming elitists, they're both ultimately hormone-addled adolescents blundering their way through their feelings for each other.
Yeah, that should be obvious by now so I can post this author Q&A:

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Okay, they got me in the first 30 seconds with the meta speedup joke

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Agronox posted:

I also had to go back to see that they actually did include a yeti for a few frames.

Whoa, so they did!

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
It's apparently handdrawn animation via rotoscope over CG. That's just nuts.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Lucky I never watched that anime. Rotoscoping makes me think of classic Disney animated movies and a couple of dancing scenes in Macross Frontier.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Keep in mind a number of the staff on Kaguya-sama is from Shaft. If you're seeing some of Shaft's style, there's good reason for that.

Director Mamoru Hatakeyama:
https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-feature/2017/05/15/feature-creative-spotlight-mamoru-hatakeyama

ChronoReverse fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jan 28, 2019

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Dabir posted:

They are adding some unique flair to the anime, all the explicit Western imagery in the twenty ten questions sequence was a new addition. And superb.

The anime team is really doing this as a labor of love. That Chika dance came out of nowhere and floored all of us manga readers for instance but it still wasn't created out of whole cloth and references a couple of chapters (perhaps ones they'll have to cut). Anime-only watchers will have fun reading the manga later to link up references in the anime.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Pharohman777 posted:

The 20 shot revolver was so silly.

Absolutely real apparently: http://silvercore-firearms-training.blogspot.com/2014/06/the-henrion-dassy-heuschen-double.html

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Grouchio posted:

I can't believe that wasn't even rotoscoped.

Nakayama is a god and should get all of the funds.

It was rotoscoped. But not in the traditional method which is why it looks great like Disney rotoscoping instead of crappy anime rotoscoping.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Daedalus1134 posted:

The "How cute" being in French completely caught me off guard and made me lose my poo poo. I love this show.
Yeah that quote slays me too.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Kaguya's showing off those natural assassin skills there.

Also, hazu hazu hazu hazu hazu hazu hazu hazu...

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Clarste posted:

Haysaca sounds to me like the laziest possible way to have "hey, it's Hayasaka, but foreign."
That's the whole point isn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I'd say watch the anime to the end and then read from beginning. Kaguya-sama gets nicer with each reread because the mangaka seems to do a lot of preplanning.