Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Grouchio posted:

Crunchyroll translates bad, said 'how adorable' instead of Kaguya's famous 'how cute.' *Cue mass-constipation*

That was not the line. Crunchyroll translated it as "That's cute."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Raenir Salazar posted:

I've been watching this, I like it.

The thing that gets me the most is at least three episodes in, is that, Kurogane is just.. Hilariously mundane in comparison. His focus on 11th dimensional chess vs himself to avoid being the one to confessing to Kaguya first is hilarious in comparison to just how all out Kaguya goes in turn. She puts so much more effort into trying to get him to be the one to confess to her first and its more amusing when it backfires because of just how normal Kurogane seems in comparison.

Or at least that's what it seems like that Kaguya has basically initiated the three main "encounters" in the battle of wits so far.

Shirogane, white not black.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Lyrics for the ending song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Urra1HmZGgw

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Agronox posted:

Incidentally, that weird phrasing in the Kashiwagi segment made a lot more sense in the Psylocke translation of the manga:

Anime: But Shinomiya gave romantic advice once, so there's no way I can tell her it's beyond me!
Manga: But a Shinomiya cannot retreat! I cannot tell her "no" here!

I think they mixed up Shinomiya with Shirogane. So they thought she was comparing herself to him. Going he did it once, no way I can't.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Daxing Dan posted:

The intended meaning in the Japanese source is "I already agreed to hear her out, and as a member of the Shinomiya family, I can't go back on my word." The manga translation is correct.

Yeah I know that. I am thinking the translator just mixed up the names.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Remember this is the anime thread everyone.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
And it's known he does like girls, he just has no luck, cause he is shy and awkward.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Raenir Salazar posted:

The first manga chapter I read kinda made it look like two unlikable rich people getting into Death Note But For Dating which discouraged me from reading it further, the anime has me completely sold as being more comedic and less "serious" so to speak and the characters are very much likable, glad I gave it another shot.

Also one of them from the start was stated as not being Rich

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Sindai posted:

The Terako -> Gigako joke is wonderful

She's Megako now.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I love the secondary character walk from the opening.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Wark Say posted:

Remember that, while certainly talented, Fujiwara is actually kind of a crappy student.

Actually Fujiwara has above average grades.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Coxswain Balls posted:

Showing up at his school just to twist the knife is a pretty rear end in a top hat move, though.

She was meeting up with her friends. She was going to the Middle School version of this school. She was just too dumb to pass the placement exam.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Thats wild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

chiasaur11 posted:

Her great grandfather was Prime Minister, yeah. Her father's just a politician.

The Fujiwara's are a super notable political clan going back at around nearly 1500 years. Though in actual history no one from the family currently have Fujiwara as their family name despite the clan still being partially active.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 19:40 on May 14, 2022