Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I really enjoyed that. Having the main characters constantly overthinking everything was funny and helped you get to know them. The animation flourishes added to it and the OP is kindof great.

El Burbo posted:

I watched the initial broadcast. They adapted chapters 1, 12, and 5
Are the chapters always completely stand-alone or does it start having arcs and stuff later?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

What's the issue with "adorable"? It seems appropriately patronizing.

El Burbo posted:

There are arcs, but even the single chapters have tons of callbacks and references to previous chapters
Cool, I'll look forward to that.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

That does seem like a mistake, it might also be due to different translators being assigned to different parts of the episode. It didn't really register with me though, I recognized it as a catchphrase due to how the lines were framed/delivered.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Because the way people address each other in Japanese is different to how people address each other in English. Using someone's family name is a lot more common in Japanese, for instance. If you always keep it exactly the same it can come across as stilted and unnatural.

Although in this case if it is supposed to come across as strange they should be doing something to replicate that.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

drat the board game was so good.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Looking forward to the new OP

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

This show is so good. Felt very called out by the middle story

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

They're carried over from the previous ED.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Daaamn that was very good. First story really makes me wonder whether K&S will be out of the woods even if they get together lol

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

drat what a great episode. Genuinely upset by that second story lol

e: especially with the first story upping the stakes as it did

Irony Be My Shield fucked around with this message at 16:46 on May 15, 2022

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Shirogane going to Kaguya when he's worried about being bad at something instead of desperately hiding it from her was a nice piece of development.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

drat. It was a tough ride but we got there in the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Kwyndig posted:

Ah, they're going out but in secret. Now. They'd still have to tell the student council gang that they're an item.
True but I think that's more of a funny problem to have than a genuinely tragic one