Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

E: wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Clarste posted:

That's not a mistake, it's a choice. And actually she even calls him Miyuki in another scene.

But in a general sense I agree that it can feel awkward to have the names they say out loud not match what's in the subtitles.

No, it's a mistake. She isn't on first name terms with her best friend who she's known from childhood, that's important!

E: And like people said it ruins some stuff later on. Really annoying thing for them to gently caress up.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Just using the correct names would be fine in this context, even in English, trust us.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It has a different pair of galaxy brain plans at the start. Haven't had a chance to watch yet, did they sub those this week?

E: Oh they didn't use them

Dabir fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jan 19, 2019

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

They are adding some unique flair to the anime, all the explicit Western imagery in the twenty ten questions sequence was a new addition. And superb.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG_mJhnI2rI

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The main ED is absolutely fantastic btw.

And it's totally foreshadowing the arc the season's going to end on.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

First sighting of Ishigami!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

We heard a bit of his range in his inner monologue, he'll be fine.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

A good Kaguya face

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Yeah, an incel would never be able to deal with Fujiwara the way Ishigami does. An incel would lock on to her as the hottest girl in school, ask her out once then spend weeks on reddit ranting about her.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Kind of disappointing that the ramen shop segment made it clear that the shop owner was in on it too, I think the manga left it a bit more open to the interpretation that it was all in the ramen snob's head and he was massively overthinking everything.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

OK, I missed that, but it was a very small detail in a small panel right at the end of the chapter. Throughout this episode he got to mirror the ramen snob's speaking lines, and he was frequently shown alongside the snob. I don't think either of those happened in the manga.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Dunno if crunchyroll's mobile app is just a giant pile of poo poo or what, my queue still says 11 videos and the latest one is episode 11, but it's there in the video list, it just won't load. What's going on?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

a whole new audience to fall in love with best girl iino

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

So where can I watch it in the UK? I couldn't find it on Funimation's site.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

He does have believable motivations. Fun, sex and profit.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Sounds like I need to get around to subbing to Funi and watching this.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Yeah, it's like G Gundam. It would take all the wind out of its sails if the guy at the start was making fun of everything that's about to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

if shirogane doesn't master at least one new super president transformation by the end of the season then what was even the point