Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

El Burbo posted:

lol it's a bit weird that they adapted the second intro from when the manga switched to a weekly magazine

edit: ok this detail kind of makes it 100% better

Shirogane's character model was totally changed from episode 1 to reflect how he started looking in the weekly chapters. Sharper features, more prominent eye bags.

It's basically a reference to when they did that switch in the manga which is also why it included the intro again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Ishigami finally got to cameo, albeit as a blur in the mountain fantasy.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msLgrxsCTlw

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
https://twitter.com/anime_kaguya/status/1089175125105303553
In case you want to rewatch it creditless and with JP subs

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Nice.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

ViggyNash posted:

They had to have rotoscoped that ED right? Great as it was, it might have given me some Flowers of Evil flashbacks...

This whole episode was absolutely amazing. The yeti was great, the western duel was great, Chika having her first time with a dog was great. It just keeps getting better.

It's definitely rotoscoped. There's a certain fluidity to the movements that are actually unnatural to how those movements are normally animated.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
A-1 is really trying to capture that Shaft essence, and it's not doing half bad at it. I would definitely be curious to see what Shaft would've done though.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Hayasaka is firmly in the "just gently caress kiss already" camp and is trying to push it along as much as she can on Kaguya's side

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
e: No manga spoilers, dammit. :colbert:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The anime is mostly focusing on Shirogane and Kaguya so you obviously miss some of Ishigami's backstory and why he's so negative and reclusive. It might get picked up, but arty the current pace I think it'll get skipped over and addressed in the eventual S2

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Chika has always been a "my pace" type of character and if people aren't following, she'll drag then kicking and screaming, even to her own detriment

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Folt The Bolt posted:

Oh yeah, incidentally, I loved the juxtaposition between the boy talk and the girl talk this ep. As both sides are blinded to the perspective of the other side, their advisors give well-meaning, but ultimately flawed advice that nevertheless still manage to make them realize what they can do to properly make up to each other.

Also get rekt Chika!

Please bully/do not bully Chika. She is a bad/good girl

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
There's a whole backstory to Ishigami's own shy and awkward attitude that idk if the anime will get to that basically involves Ishigami having the best of intentions in trying to help someone with a lovely boyfriend and then it completely blowing up in his face for the entire school to see to the point where he's made a pariah. He still has terrible opinions, but there's actually a reason or two for why he's so bitter about certain things.

There's no explanation for Chika however.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Yawgmoft posted:

The second place might just come from her noteriety, with students not actually knowing what she stands for.

If you look at the distribution, most of the Second years are voting for Shirogane and a good chunk of the first years are voting for Miko. The person in last is barely getting any.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I think the explanation is more simple in that most students don't care and are voting for the person in their year combined with name recognition.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I only figured out how to whistle while trying to make helicopter noises with my mouth. It's very much a lip and mouth thing that has no contingent on actual music knowledge.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Coxswain Balls posted:

Isn't that the fault of her awful, awful friends though?

If by friends you mean Kaguya and Shirogane trying to sabotage each other, yeah.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

If Ishigami only told the truth about what happened, his reputation would have been fine. The only reason he became such a pariah is because he never told his side of the story.

Also Shirogane is the best but everyone already knows that.

What's unfortunate is that Inshigami got outplayed by a guy who's at least more cunning than Ishigami is so even if Ishigami spoke the truth, Ogino would've claimed it was a lie or made up and he'd have hurt Kyoko in the process which is what Ishigami was primarily trying to avoid. His reputation might not have been damaged as much as it did, but it's unknown if he'd have gotten away clean.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I honestly had to skip some of the scene of Ishigami having the students turn on him and him getting played because it hurt to watch and I knew how it went already.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
All hail Kinnikku Hime

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Honestly, they should have a full OVA of the story. Just take the 2 (maybe 3 in the next series's go around) EDs and flesh them out to a full story.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Yawgmoft posted:

They went so hard on this episode

So hard. Goddamn.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I love all the indicators that outside of his "pres" persona Miyuki is often a kind of trashy dude.

Miyuki is just a giant dork on the inside whose sense of taste and style got trapped in middle school

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

god I remember this dark horse in the Ishigami bowl.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Shyrka posted:

Understandable. Miko's been the real loser this season, she's barely been around.

Still loved her earbuds scene though.

There's only so much room for an unfortunate girl character in the series. Maybe in the next cour/season when the shipping war starts in earnest

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
It's extremely easy to forget that Nagisa is a very low key yandere but it does pop up every now and then.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

Chika herself actually seems kinda well adjusted in comparison, she's spoiled, selfish, and has a concerning lack of ethics but I think she knows kidnapping is wrong! :v:

She's okay with a little kidnapping. As a treat. Remember that she's also a member of the TG club who're notorious troublemakers and very much like this:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

HellCopter posted:

I enjoyed the Detective Conan-rear end music at the end. A great mystery unfolds

Love Detective Chika is on the case!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Jomo posted:

Just heard. Assume it's going to focus more on the other characters and them trying to hide their relationship? given the ending of S3. I have not read the manga at all btw so speculation on my part.

If you really want to know: immediately after the festival is the Winter Holiday so Shirgane and Kaguya end up planning on telling the rest of the StuCo when they get back. Unfortunately, something happens with Ishigami and Miko (and Tsubame) over the break so when they get back the atmosphere is too awkward to say anything about getting together. Hijinks ensue over the fallout.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Jomo posted:

Been puzzling about this one (scene reference) for a while: Osomatsu-kun?

I believe it's Doraemon

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Saagonsa posted:

I think this may be the worst time to make that post.

QCS can eat a dick.

But also the second OVA definitely went horny, but also this

Arc Hammer posted:

The OVA animators might have missed a trick about the chapter they're animating making fun of their profession for drawing bouncing tits.

I'd expect the movie to be more typical to the anime as it's also being braodcast/screened rather than being an OVA.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Annointed posted:

What about QCS? No really what about QCS. I lack context.

It's related to why there's no more Made in Abyss thread and why Namtab was a mod for less than two days. Check the old chat thread where it gets talked about and maybe QCS if you really want to see what goes on in there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

THIS IS HAYASAK AI WITH FLEX SEAL