Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Kaguya is extremely good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Flustered Kaguya is very good, and her voice actress nails it

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I will say that it's pretty disappointing that funi didn't even try to translate Iino's flier at all.

fairlight posted:

I tried reading the manga a bit and it felt so lifeless without the amazing audiovisual treatment. People who read the manga first must be so satisified, this is a killer adaptation.

It's an extremely good adaption, yeah

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

It's a joke that will super date the episode, so it's not really a good localization, imo

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Miko is good.

Also Hayasaka immediately bailing on Kaguya when Chika showed up made me laugh harder than any other show I've seen recently.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Yeah I really like how they show that while she is quite strict in her solutions, she does actually have kind of a point, and if she relaxed some of her more extreme ideas a bit she could be a good leader for the school

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Yawgmoft posted:

Explaination?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

These wind down episodes are always something special

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Kaguya's interpretive dance is extremely powerful

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Papa Shirogane is unbelievably powerful

Also Kaguya going way out to where nobody could hear her to cheer for Miyuki was very cute

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Ishigami is a good boy

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

CrazySalamander posted:

I get that it was humor but it still felt pretty gross to me that Kaguya didn't really like Shirogane when he was actually well rested.

Yeah I've never liked that chapter/skit. One of the weakest ones in the series, in my opinion.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I will never get over how cute the student counsel group photo is. One of my favorite sets of chapters.

Extremely good season, in general

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

AlternateNu posted:

That clips sounds like it's at 1.25x speed. :psyduck:

That's because it is, or at least its pitched up. They don't sound like that in the actual show.

Watched the first episode of the dub, and the only thing I can say that I didn't really like was the new direction for the narrator. I get what they're going for but I don't think it works as well as when it's played completely straight.

Saagonsa fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jul 29, 2020

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I deeply dislike the Kaguya dub. I get what they're going for but deeply sarcastic is not a direction that I feel works for the narrator.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Genuinely really looking forward to it, going to be a really good season for the show if it keeps up with the previous 2 seasons.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Watched it before I had to go to work earlier today, and the episode is extremely good. Does an amazing job at elevating the source material. Not as big on the OP compared to the previous 2, but other than that I loved it.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Ishigami owns

Also the end of each Kaguya season so far has gone heavier into the drama towards the end (fireworks, sports festival, now the culture festival), without the big payoffs the comedy would get stale pretty quick.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Kaguya blindly going all in in the kiss is genuinely my favorite joke in the whole series. Kinda sad they took out the punchline of it.

Extremely good season finale otherwise though.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Yeah the joke with covering the kiss is that you get this big emotional moment, only to later learn that Kaguya hosed it up in the dumbest possible way.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I think this may be the worst time to make that post.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

You do you man lol

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Look all I'm saying is that you probably shouldn't post about watching some horny ova from a high school romcom.

To answer the question: No, the manga is not really horny at all. The movie will be an adaption of manga material, so it shouldn't have anything like that.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

The movie was very good

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Sydin posted:

Right so I've watched the movie episodes and as somebody who's adored this series from the word go: this movie loving sucks. This whole plot arc loving sucks. Shirogane and Kaguya finally confessed and admitted they love one another. We absolutely did not need this return to the status quo. Just have the goddamn courage to move the story onward with them in a relationship without having to spin the wheels for another eternity for the most arbitrary reasons.

Like I'm sorry, I really was 100% with this series up till now, but this is just terrible and lazy. I can't even enjoy the comedy bits because the premise is so hosed. I recently started reading You and I are Polar Opposites, and I appreciate just how much it's willing to hook the main characters up ASAP and actually explore the facets of that relationship, both good and bad. This Kaguya arc by contrast just feels like more status quo for the sake of status quo even after what should have been a major development that moves the story forward. I ended up skipping through a bunch of it because I have zero goddamn patience for more will-they-wont-they shenanigans after the main couple should have by all accounts already hooked up. I really hope this is not indicative of how the rest of the story is because this was absolutely loving awful.

Bro, people have got on you about this already, but this is a crazy take. The movie is about them moving their relationship to the mext level. To not just be some high school sweethears who had a kiss, but to two people who acknowledge each other's best and worst sides and decide at the end of the day they still truly love each other.

It's really good lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Oh, I missed the part where you just straight didn't watch a lot of the movie lol