Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Hayasaka sounded so disappointed that nothing happened. Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

They didn't animate the best part of the Ramen chapter though!

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

I'll be expecting an OVA or two for some of the missed chapters.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

I'm so happy this is back. The boardgame chapter is my favorite and the anime did it justice.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Running away won't change the fact that you forgot the Pres' Birthday! Shame on you Fujiwara!

Also jeez the entire Fujiwara family is tainted. Moeha has no chill.

fucking love Fiona Apple fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Apr 19, 2020

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Art from the official Twitter

I love Monogatari so seeing it referenced in the adaptation of my favorite manga was awesome!

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Shirogane is the best.

Also Lmao

fucking love Fiona Apple fucked around with this message at 20:06 on May 16, 2020

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

The random moaning oh my God I can't breath.

A-1 has really gone above and beyond for this adaptation. It is really incredible.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Coxswain Balls posted:

If it felt like this week's episode is short make sure you watch after the credits, there's a whole additional act there that's incredible.

Seriously the ED starts at 16 minutes. There's a whole nother part right after it.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Coxswain Balls posted:

That said, her reaction this time at the end was fantastic. Just, nope, don't want to deal with this right now.

She's learning.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

NowonSA posted:

I think you're doing the anime a huge injustice if you don't take it up to at least (So incredibly minor, but I'll spoiler it anyway) The culture festival, and everything after that has been great too in the manga so I don't see why they would stop there unless the ratings/blu-ray sales are doing terrible. Usually if that's the case for an anime they don't give it a second season, though.

By all accounts both manga and anime sell very well. Plus you have a studio that's obviously passionate and a supportive author so I see no reason why a third season shouldn't happen.

Besides standard anime fuckery.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

I cannot wait to see Chapter 83 adapted. That is one of my favorites!

fucking love Fiona Apple fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jun 10, 2020

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Dastardly posted:

The episode was good but I really don't care about the drama. It's giving me P5 vibes of "you did a good thing but now you're the scum of the earth because you dared step out of line in Japan".

If Ishigami only told the truth about what happened, his reputation would have been fine. The only reason he became such a pariah is because he never told his side of the story.

Also Shirogane is the best but everyone already knows that.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Xelkelvos posted:

What's unfortunate is that Inshigami got outplayed by a guy who's at least more cunning than Ishigami is so even if Ishigami spoke the truth, Ogino would've claimed it was a lie or made up and he'd have hurt Kyoko in the process which is what Ishigami was primarily trying to avoid. His reputation might not have been damaged as much as it did, but it's unknown if he'd have gotten away clean.

The student councils report probably would have helped, but it really doesn't matter. Ishigami's goal was to protect Kyoko's smile and he did that. It's only unfortunate that he suffered for it.

He seems to be doing just fine now though so all's well that ends well.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Shirogane helped Kaguya see the fire works in season 1, helped Iino with her fear of public speaking earlier in Season 2, and this episode pulled Ishigami out of his depression.

In other series it can be hard to see why anyone gives a poo poo about a generic dumbass, dense, or overpowered mc. Not here though. Its really easy to see why Shirogane inspires such love and loyalty in everyone who knows him and it makes this series so much more enjoyable having an actually great protagonist.

Tldr Shirogane is the bestest boy.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Xelkelvos posted:

I honestly had to skip some of the scene of Ishigami having the students turn on him and him getting played because it hurt to watch and I knew how it went already.

Same. It's crazy what music and voice acting can do to a scene.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Kyoko did nothing wrong. With the information she had of course she hates Ishigami.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

I suspect that they wanted the episode to focus completely on Ishigami so they dropped some other parts that they felt was unnecessary.

I'm sure the important bits will pop up later in Season 3.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

It's hard to watch a dub after watching the sub first. The characters original voices are ingrained in our head.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Carlosologist posted:

I want to share this since the anime did include the extra panel with Shirogane’s friends (phone posting, so if the image is massive I’m sorry!)

Lmao these two are basically anime protagonists themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Xelkelvos posted:

god I remember this dark horse in the Ishigami bowl.

Maki is too godd for this cruel world.